The Official Liz Truss no longer PM but still a Clusterfuck thread

Clown Job

1 minute ago, Brother Blades said:

Is there a realistic chance of a government defeat tonight or will there be a few abstentions & Mogg will get the confidence through? 

I think it's an outside chance, a defeat really would be remarkable, however I think Tories that are fed up and don't wish to stand again or that are so fed up with the erosion of the party might give up and vote against this.

Don't mean to come across like a conspiracy theorist, but I reckon this was all deliberate. If she resigned just to protest, she would never become leader (like Sunak). So she sends an innocuous but official letter by email, resigns and uses her resignation letter to start a leadership campaign. 

10 minutes ago, 101 said:

The BBC have found someone who thinks she had a great performance today, absolutely hilarious that this guy is an MP.

Anyone who's allowing themselves to be filmed saying this sort of thing is just doing it in the hope they'll be able to be Chancellor by the end of the month.

1 minute ago, scottsdad said:

Don't mean to come across like a conspiracy theorist, but I reckon this was all deliberate. If she resigned just to protest, she would never become leader (like Sunak). So she sends an innocuous but official letter by email, resigns and uses her resignation letter to start a leadership campaign. 

Of course it's deliberate. A totally manufactured circumstance to give her a reason to resign. They didn't give a f**k about a PM who had demonstrably lied to parliament on several occasions and was fined for breaking the law. The idea that they are all strictly by the book to the point that they'll fall on their own swords because of an administrative error is laughable.

She supposedly had a blazing row with Truss over the fact Truss is trying to lay the ground for extra immigration to fill low-value jobs, while Braverman is simultaneously trying to hurl brown folk on planes to the Third World.

2 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Just now, Boo Khaki said:

Michael Green is Shapps nom de plume when he's trying to con folk into investing in financial scams

How could I have forgotten! Also telling of the shambles going on that I assumed someone who isn't an MP was up for a top job 😅

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2022/oct/19/suella-braverman-chaos-new-normal-liz-truss

"She was going to solve the small boats crisis in the Channel with much tougher measures than even Priti Patel tried. She was going to get the police back to basics by stopping and searching suspects, then arresting and punishing them properly. She was going to call out the influence of disruptive protesters whom only yesterday she dismissed as “the Guardian-reading, tofu-eating wokerati”.

And now she has gone, just like that. She departs with the Channel boats unstopped, the suspects unsearched and the Guardian readers still free to walk the streets eating their tofu. The Home Office, a government department that is as ripe for reform as it was a generation ago, when a Labour predecessor, John Reid, said it was not fit for purpose, remains one of Whitehall’s unhappiest and least focused places. No wonder.

In her resignation letter, Braverman says she is quitting because of sending an official document through her own private email – a pretty serious error for a minister with security responsibilities to make. But there is clearly more to it than that. Braverman’s letter is a not-so-coded assault on Truss, attempting to claim that she is ready and willing to confess to getting things wrong when Truss, by implication, is not."