The Official Liz Truss no longer PM but still a Clusterfuck thread

Clown Job

So, next to resign from Cabinet.....Wallace, Cleverly, Lewis, Zahawi, Mordaunt, Malthouse, and Jack I would reckon in the next day or two.

Truss will still try to brass it out by appointing replacements, then the letters to the 1922 Committee will go in, they change the rules on voting, and Johnson is back in.

5 minutes ago, Jedi said:

Presumably, their next move will be for the Cabinet to start handing their resignations in, to force Truss out, same as did with Johnson.......the aim this time to bring Johnson back in as PM, and then hold out for 2 years for a GE.

Didn't all the July resignations cost the tax payer something like £500k in compensation - some ministers were getting huge pay-offs for a handful of days in the job. 

2 minutes ago, Caledonian1 said:

Didn't all the July resignations cost the tax payer something like £500k in compensation - some ministers were getting huge pay-offs for a handful of days in the job. 

Fairly certain there was some Tory wifey who was a minister for about 36 hours, who now stands to pick up a 20k p.a. pension as a result.

3 minutes ago, Jedi said:

So, next to resign from Cabinet.....Wallace, Cleverly, Lewis, Zahawi, Mordaunt, Malthouse, and Jack I would reckon in the next day or two.

Truss will still try to brass it out by appointing replacements, then the letters to the 1922 Committee will go in, they change the rules on voting, and Johnson is back in.

Jack will never resign. 

12 minutes ago, cyderspaceman said:

What sort of democratic parliament has 'whips'?

It beats the nut jobs in the U.S. who got elected and demanded to be able to carry their pistol onto the floor!

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-congress-boebert/gun-toting-u-s-representative-boebert-aims-to-pack-more-than-her-lunch-on-d-c-streets-idUSKBN2992HC

1 minute ago, Have some faith in Magic said:

Jack will never resign. 

Not so sure....he has been on backing Truss recently, so no problem for him to U-turn as well.

Its the thought that we still have to endure another 2 years of this nonsense yet.

7 minutes ago, Jedi said:

Not so sure....he has been on backing Truss recently, so no problem for him to U-turn as well.

Its the thought that we still have to endure another 2 years of this nonsense yet.

Jack won't resign. Not a chance. He'll just f**k about in a bus shelter until the new one is appointed and then wander back in. 

4 hours ago, Thane of Cawdor said:

This is a popular misconception, resulting from the strangely high profile of Mackemland in Brexit mythology.  Sunderland was well down the list of Brexit-voting local authority areas.

https://ig.ft.com/sites/elections/2016/uk/eu-referendum/

It's a fair cop Guv, but Sunderland sticks in my mind over some aspect of Brexit - was it the area of the UK that was the biggest recipient of EU funding ?

I mean I've now had one riddy, I might as well go for the double ☺️

Not sure I like these episodes of the Apprentice when there are numerous sackings.

I did agree with them getting rid of Kwateng when he made a pigs ear of the economy task the other week...but it could equally have been the Project Manager Truss (cant believe that she volunteered to be PM )

Team Detestable  have had a terrible series

1 minute ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

It's a fair cop Guv, but Sunderland sticks in my mind over some aspect of Brexit - was it the area of the UK that was the biggest recipient of EU funding ?

I mean I've now had one riddy, I might as well go for the double ☺️

Was Sunderland not notable because of the Nissan factory but they still voted for it. 

2 minutes ago, Judy Murray said:

Was Sunderland not notable because of the Nissan factory but they still voted for it. 

Yip. 

Very first footage of people celebrating their 'Leave' vote were people working on the floor of the Nissan plant in Sunderland. This was after their own employer had said that if the UK left the EU, then Nissan would leave the UK.

Absolute arseclowns.

Edited by Boo Khaki

14 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

Yip. 

Very first footage of people celebrating their 'Leave' vote were people working on the floor of the Nissan plant in Sunderland. This was after their own employer had said that if the UK left the EU, then Nissan would leave the UK.

Absolute arseclowns.

I mind they interviewed some old cunt Brexit voter who’s son worked there and the interviewer told him his son would lose his job if it was a Leave win and he didn’t seem the slightest bit bothered. 

Mackems do seen like absolute fucking morons tbf. Have you ever seen Sunderland Til I Die? You’ll get an idea from that.