The Official Liz Truss no longer PM but still a Clusterfuck thread

Clown Job

21 minutes ago, paranoid android said:

Anyone wondering whether this c**t has been sacked in an attempt to show Liz as an effective leader, and, therefore, in no way weak?

He’s had the whip removed, not just lost his government job. Must have been getting proper handsy at the conference. 

3 hours ago, Tynie Pecksniff said:

May I recommend the fantastic Rest Is Politics podcast with Alastair Campbell and Rory Stewart.

Compelling listening where they continually destroy Truss, Johnson et al.

Also covers political events round the globe.  

One of them is a lying right wing arsehole and the other is Rory Stewart.

14 hours ago, MazzyStar said:

What’s the problem? 

She is planning an announcement.

"Look folks.  People ask me why we keep going on about the war and I have to admit they have a point.  The Queen is dead.  The last of the war-time generation or very nearly.  Time to let go.  Yes, the Nazis were a bunch of bad eggs and it was right to oppose them but come on, that was nearly eighty years ago.  Time to move on.  I have decided to cancel Remembrance Day, all the silly parades and flag waving.  Get over it."

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

One of them is a lying right wing arsehole and the other is Rory Stewart.

A dilletante who by his own admission might have joined any of the three main UK parties - had his decision to enter politics been a few years later he might even have tried for the SNP.

1 hour ago, Fullerene said:

She is planning an announcement.

"Look folks.  People ask me why we keep going on about the war and I have to admit they have a point.  The Queen is dead.  The last of the war-time generation or very nearly.  Time to let go.  Yes, the Nazis were a bunch of bad eggs and it was right to oppose them but come on, that was nearly eighty years ago.  Time to move on.  I have decided to cancel Remembrance Day, all the silly parades and flag waving.  Get over it."

D601EB4A-5D75-49FC-B8B4-E638487A5380.gif

Braverman already getting sidelined due to growing realisation that we need foreign workers.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/suella-braverman-immigration-cabinet-truss-b2198378.html

Meanwhile Truss’s popularity has actually dropped since the Tory Party conference (historically that’s a bounce for leaders) and is now lower than Johnson’s was in the aftermath of Partygate.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2022/oct/08/liz-truss-approval-ratings-reach-new-lows-after-tory-conference

Edited by Granny Danger

4 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Braverman already getting sidelined due to growing realisation that we need foreign workers.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/suella-braverman-immigration-cabinet-truss-b2198378.html

Meanwhile Truss’s popularity has actually dropped since the Tory Party conference (historically that’s a bounce for leaders) and is now lower than Johnson’s was in the aftermath of Partygate.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2022/oct/08/liz-truss-approval-ratings-reach-new-lows-after-tory-conference

Braverman is possibly the most racist, disgusting character to ever hold one of the major cabinet roles  in the political history of Britain.

A truly evil vulgar individual. A pox on her.

1 minute ago, Tynie Pecksniff said:

Braverman is possibly the most racist, disgusting character to ever hold one of the major cabinet roles  in the political history of Britain.

She makes Priti Patel look sweet!

Well maybe not.

3 hours ago, Tynie Pecksniff said:

You would think people like Patel, Braverman and Kwarteng would be able to show the slightest bit of compassion for refugees coming in to the UK, wether they are using legal routes or not. Their families were afforded that opportunity in recent history, but listening to Patel and Braverman especially it seems like they have absolutely no empathy towards these people, and their Rwanda scheme is nothing short of pure evil.

There really is no other word to describe the pair of them, they are nasty people who have benefitted from the UKs historically welcoming immigration policies, who are now pulling up the draw bridge behind them and sending hundreds of families to a country thousands of miles away which has extremely questionable human rights. I genuinely didn’t think the Rwanda scheme would ever happen when I first heard it suggested, and assumed enough sensible voices would shut it down. Obviously there isn’t that many sensible voices at the heart of this government, and to hear Braverman say that it’s her dream to see a front page where she can read about flights full of refugees being sent packing to Rwanda was sickening.

By all accounts she is absolutely incompetent in to the bargain, and her tenure as Attorney General was a complete disaster, with standards of practice being absolutely decimated under her watch as well as regularly going against lawyers in order to side with Johnson’s government. An AG who knowingly broke the law on more than one occasion, that’s how low this government has dragged us. How she managed to get a promotion to Home Secretary we will never know, but the quicker she leaves that role the better or there’s going to be an awful lot of damage done to an awful lot of peoples lives. 

Have the Home Office actually deported anyone to Rwanda yet? As far as I'm aware there have only been two attempts so far, both were halted, the last flight had a handful of people onboard and was stopped on the apron.

Just for the record - I'm in no way intending to imply 'oh well what's all this rumpus about since it isn't actually happening anyway', on the contrary. It's an utterly reprehensible policy. The fact they haven't been able to successfully implement it is a testament to the fact that on top of being completely vile, it's being implemented by ideologues who can't actually legislate efficiently because they're being driven by malice and pandering to racist scum rather than coming up with sensible, rational policies.