The Official Liz Truss no longer PM but still a Clusterfuck thread

Clown Job

2 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

I would largely agree with everything you have said.

If it was legalised then certain controls would be required.

As for psychosis, I would agree to an extent. Although I would think most sufferers would already have an underlying mental issue. Alcohol would similarly produce issues as well in these cases.

Everything in moderation as they say, and it isn't for everyone, just like alcohol.

I smoked it for a considerable amount of time, no psychosis and very little withdrawal symptoms when I called it a day 

I'm not saying it's all sunshine but it's on a par, or possibly slightly better than alcohol.

3 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

On the second point, i've known people that made a living just selling pot. A lot (but not all) of the supply chain below them is smokers buying in bulk to sell enough to cover their own costs. The only harder drugs i ever got offered alongside pot was speed or Eccies (going back over ten years though). 

I was reading recently that the Canadians aren't reducing illegal sales significantly because the costs of the legal stuff are so high.

Personally i think that the taxation and public service argument should be secondary. 

My main reason for supporting decriminalisation is that it does other people negligible harm and is no threat to public order. 

I assume Suella will be in favour of all interventions to benefit individuals' mental health, such as properly funding mental health services.  I also assume she'll never criticise any "nanny state" policy. 

More U-turns happening and on the way.  Kwarteng’s pick for the Treasury Permanent Secretary overruled and replaced with a more ‘orthodox’ treasury official.  Also looking more likely that Kwarteng’s austerity cuts will not get sufficient support in the HoC.

It’s not looking quite so easy or straightforward now is it Liz?

Also Kwarteng having unreported meetings with Saudi oil executives.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2022/oct/11/kwasi-kwarteng-secret-meetings-with-saudi-oil-firms-revealed-by-foi

57 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

More U-turns happening and on the way.  Kwarteng’s pick for the Treasury Permanent Secretary overruled and replaced with a more ‘orthodox’ treasury official.  Also looking more likely that Kwarteng’s austerity cuts will not get sufficient support in the HoC.

It’s not looking quite so easy or straightforward now is it Liz?

Also Kwarteng having unreported meetings with Saudi oil executives.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2022/oct/11/kwasi-kwarteng-secret-meetings-with-saudi-oil-firms-revealed-by-foi

Kwarteng is a buffoon.  Yet another out of touch ex Etonian.

You know his economics background is a pile of shite.  His thesus was on coinage of the 16th century or some guff like that.

A bully, an incompetent, a fanatic like so many of this awful disgusting corrupt cabinet.

He should right now be in jail for thr stunt he pulled with his mini budget for his friends.

A pox on him.

The BoE is giving bond holders more free money by expanding QE again. 

Some BBC spunkrag was trying very hard to explain on TV while I was eating my breakfast at work. He spluttered a fair bit about yields and mortgage rates but didn't get round to the part where pension funds have been gambling with government bonds, lost, and now want the government to bail them out so they can buy more bonds to gamble with. 

Edited by Detournement

1 hour ago, Ken Deans said:

This Yruss is an evil pos. She's a warmonger, cheat, scrooge and self serving mf who has completely forgotten her roots in Paisley. I don't comment as a rule in this section but Jesus wept. A monster

I dunno, man. With the state of some of the St Mirren posters on here, I'm starting to think that Paisley might be the problem.

6 hours ago, Tynie Pecksniff said:

Kwarteng is a buffoon.  Yet another out of touch ex Etonian.

You know his economics background is a pile of shite.  His thesus was on coinage of the 16th century or some guff like that.

A bully, an incompetent, a fanatic like so many of this awful disgusting corrupt cabinet.

He should right now be in jail for thr stunt he pulled with his mini budget for his friends.

A pox on him.

I thought that P&B moderators, like civil servants, were supposed to be impartial.

20 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

No need for impartiality on here.

About 90 plus % of the contributors are all of the same mindset.

If that mindset is that Tories are c***s then yes. Based view imo.