The Official Liz Truss no longer PM but still a Clusterfuck thread

Clown Job

Just now, Richey Edwards said:

I'm not for one second advocating for a revolution, but palaces and seats of government have been stormed for less than what the Conservatives have done.

Palaces? Be sensible - King Chuck and every member of his family are highly decorated soldiers with decades of front-line military experience. It’s true - look at the medals! We plebs would have no chance.

2 minutes ago, Antlion said:

Palaces? Be sensible - King Chuck and every member of his family are highly decorated soldiers with decades of front-line military experience. It’s true - look at the medals! We plebs would have no chance.

I am finding it difficult to think of him as the monarch. He will always be Prince of Wales to me.

In fact, he IS Wales as far as I am concerned.

3 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

I am finding it difficult to think of him as the monarch. He will always be Prince of Wales to me.

In fact, he IS Wales as far as I am concerned.

For me, I instantly think 'the big-eared guy from the opening credits of Have I Got News For You'.

"Not nearly mental enough!" claim think tanks which put Truss in power.

Libertarian thinktanks challenge Truss to show she will deliver on her growth agenda

The Institute of Economic Affairs, a libertarian thinktank, sounded surprisingly underwhelmed in its response to Liz Truss’s speech. Truss has been a strong supporter of the IEA, and much of her policy agenda overlaps with what the IEA has been calling for. But a press release responding to the speech, Mark Littlewood, the IEA director general, just said:

During her leadership campaign Truss spoke about ‘delivery, delivery, delivery’.

She now needs to return to this theme if she’s going to achieve today’s message of ‘growth, growth, growth.’

The Taxpayers’ Alliance, another free market thinktank arguing for a smaller state, also said it was up to Truss to deliver on the philosophy she set out. In its response to the speech, John O’Connell, its chief executive, said:

The prime minister was right to give both barrels to the enemies of enterprise.

To go for growth, Britain has to break free from the shackles of our gruelling tax system and the sluggish status quo.

Truss must now put words into action to tackle the cost of government crisis.

The thinktanks may be alarmed at indications that Truss is retreating from her libertarian agenda. The IEA called for the abolition of the 45% top rate of income tax – a move included in the mini-budget, but dropped on Monday after a revolt at party conference.

The Guardian is never going to be a fan but Marina Hyde is quite funny about the whole thing.

Don’t underestimate Liz Truss, we kept hearing. And yet, why not? It saves time. I underestimated her, and you know what: I still overestimated her.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2022/oct/04/tory-conference-michael-gove-liz-truss-kwasi-kwarteng

Edited by eindhovendee
Spelling of course

4 hours ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

It's not as intimidating as the Axis of Evil tbh

Every single one will be absolutely delighted to be on an opposing side to this sh!tshow.

Genuine question, do we think she comes away from this week and sits down thinking she has done well and is content or is she actually got the ability to sit back and reflect how bad it has gone? I think the former, but would hope for everyone's sake it is the latter.

Of course, these types bake in that if elected out, their 'reputation' will ensure them plumb jobs post politics, but she is so toxic, not even the most ardent Tory supporter would employ her. 

What is also quite shamefull is that clearly this anti-growth thing is a Tory wide tactic to create some sort of enemy and make it an 'us vs them' issue. We've slways had this sort of thing, but this is something a bit different and right out of the US Republicans playbook. It will not work and so how long before they make it an 'us and Ukraine vs Russian and the anti growth coalition'..... it would be mad, but would you put it past them. 

5 minutes ago, Theyellowbox said:

Every single one will be absolutely delighted to be on an opposing side to this sh!tshow.

Genuine question, do we think she comes away from this week and sits down thinking she has done well and is content or is she actually got the ability to sit back and reflect how bad it has gone? I think the former, but would hope for everyone's sake it is the latter.

Of course, these types bake in that if elected out, their 'reputation' will ensure them plumb jobs post politics, but she is so toxic, not even the most ardent Tory supporter would employ her. 

Of course not. She went to a comprehensive you know. 

9 minutes ago, Theyellowbox said:

What is also quite shamefull is that clearly this anti-growth thing is a Tory wide tactic to create some sort of enemy and make it an 'us vs them' issue. We've slways had this sort of thing, but this is something a bit different and right out of the US Republicans playbook. It will not work and so how long before they make it an 'us and Ukraine vs Russian and the anti growth coalition'..... it would be mad, but would you put it past them. 

Presumably dreamt up by their latest version of Stuart 'Yes and Ho!' Pearson.

25 minutes ago, Theyellowbox said:

I hope she thinks she’s been brilliant.