The Official Liz Truss no longer PM but still a Clusterfuck thread

Clown Job

3 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Reading between the lines Truss may be kept on as a figurehead PM but her whole economic strategy will be binned.

I can't see her remaining as a figurehead.

A figurehead is meant to be representative of something.  

What on earth can she represent that anyone, coming at this from any angle at all, can find attractive?

She's now so toxic that even the humiliation of changing again so soon, is vastly preferable to sticking with her.  

I think they'll get rid.

3 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

What on earth can she represent that anyone, coming at this from any angle at all, can find attractive?

She's now so toxic that even the humiliation of changing again so soon, is vastly preferable to sticking with her.  

I think they'll get rid.

That’s the litmus test.

27 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I think they'll get rid.

Yeah she'll be diagnosed with a very rare and sudden case of HighlyConvenientButWithAHeavyHeartIMustStepAside-A-Titis. Bundled off for experimental treatment in a secure facility on Ascension island,, where if she isn't completely silent she'll find that her condition is fatal. 

No-one will be allowed to criticise or even mention the disaster that was her premiership as "HOW DARE YOU, THE POOR WOMAN WAS UNWELL YOU HATEMONGERS" and to avoid the membership being asked again (because they'd almost certainly choose Boris) they'll just slip in a Mourdant or Sunak and batter on until 2024 like nothing happened. 

Thing is, they really do hate each other. So the fait a complit candidate is going to piss off a sizable chunk of the parliamentary party, whoever it is. 

But I will enjoy the new PM telling Cardboard Cut-out Keith that "now is not the time for a general election."

3 hours ago, Clown Job said:

I am utterly revelling in the impotent fury of the columnists on the Tories' house journal.  And like all crazed swivel-eyed zealots, they burrow themselves even further down the rabbit hole in the face of all reason.

According to the likes of Allister Heath, Nick Timothy, Janet Daley, Camilla Tominey and Jeremy Warner NONE of this shitfest is owned by the party of Government for the last twelve years.

Truth deniers, every last one of them.

Wouldn't put it past them to bin Truss next week, then bring Johnson back without a contest (having changed the rules to let only the MPs vote)

'I, I, I, I, I was just on er er gardening leave'

Just now, Jedi said:

Wouldn't put it past them to bin Truss next week, then bring Johnson back without a contest (having changed the rules to let only the MPs vote)

'I, I, I, I, I was just on er er gardening leave'

The MPs alone cannot change the rules.

6 hours ago, Clown Job said:

My memory might be playing tricks on me but I’m sure they had UKIP on more often than the SNP who also had MEP’s plus MP’s & MSP

One argument for PR is Ukip. In 2015 they won more than twice as many votes as the SNP. SNP got 56 seats, Ukip got none. 

No fan of Ukip, but they were under represented. 

I think she will be out shortly as well. Her newly-appointed Chancellor is about to completely rip up her mini-budget and replace it with a new one, going against everything she wanted. Ignoring the reality of why this is happening for a minute, you be forgiven for thinking the Chancellor is actually in charge of the country and not the PM. 

It's hard to think what lacks credibility more: keeping Truss after all that's happened or binning her after such a short period of time. 

As to why Hunt was chosen to be Chancellor, I can't help but think it's a deliberate ploy to discredit his particular 'wing' of the party. They are going to get horsed at the next vote, so the likes of Braverman and Patel can pin the blame on Hunt and the Remainer/Centre of the party and they can start their time in opposition reverting to the shite Truss was spouting a few weeks ago before it blew up in her face. No need for an ideological purge in the party - the seats that won't fall under the current polling numbers all seem to be held by the utter horrors, so the purge will happen naturally. 

14 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

One argument for PR is Ukip. In 2015 they won more than twice as many votes as the SNP. SNP got 56 seats, Ukip got none. 

Even though UKIP contested 624 seats against the SNP's 59?

24 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

Not many seats did they contest between the parties? 

54 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

That's the argument against PR, why should a party who gets tiny support from nearly every constituency they stand in get represented just because they can afford loads of lost deposits? The SNP won 56 seats because more people voted for them than any other candidate in each of those 56 constituencies. UKIP couldn't manage to get even one community to vote them in. f**k them.

1 hour ago, scottsdad said:

In fairness, I found the utter seethe of Farage and his thick gammon supporters over this very, very satisfying. 

Didn't Farage once lose to a man dressed as a dolphin? 😂

2 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

If hope Truss tells all her critics to f**k off.  She campaigned over a period of weeks for the position under the Tory Party rules and she won.

More than that, she said what she was going to do - majoring on doing away with orthodoxy at the Treasury as they were holding Britain back. She was elected on that basis, punted the heid bummer at the Treasury and produced a mini budget backing up all the stuff these arseholes elected her on. All these Tory MPs who were running on the #Liz4PM own this bollocks. 

If they'd bothered to look in here they'd have seen that DPB was right in behind her and that should have been enough to scare the living shite out of them but there are none so blind as those who cannot see eh?

Anyway, the big question is, why have the SNP not yet turbo charged the economy with big tax cuts?

Screenshot_20221016-010019_Samsung Internet.jpg

6 hours ago, BudBudBud said:

They were indeed.

Sadly, as long as long as it's advantageous to the Tories and Labour then FPTP will never be changed.

Parties and their supporters just espouse whatever view is best for them.  It's all really fake, but if we're being brutally honest we all get sucked in by it :D

It's no longer advantageous over the long term for Labour.

They're starting to realise that.  

6 hours ago, HTG said:

More than that, she said what she was going to do - majoring on doing away with orthodoxy at the Treasury as they were holding Britain back. She was elected on that basis, punted the heid bummer at the Treasury and produced a mini budget backing up all the stuff these arseholes elected her on. All these Tory MPs who were running on the #Liz4PM own this bollocks. 

If they'd bothered to look in here they'd have seen that DPB was right in behind her and that should have been enough to scare the living shite out of them but there are none so blind as those who cannot see eh?

Anyway, the big question is, why have the SNP not yet turbo charged the economy with big tax cuts?

Yup, if you watch a clip of KKs speech announcing the top rate cut in the HoC the Tories behind were all nodding the heads and cheering.

1 hour ago, Monkey Tennis said:

It's no longer advantageous over the long term for Labour.

They're starting to realise that.  

PR would bring in more progressives like the Greens. The days of Ukip and the Brexit Party are done as they just took over the tories. It makes sense to go for it.