Monarchy debate/discussion

Richey Edwards

The events of the past few days have been fucking depressing, mind-blowing and worrying all in one. 

I can't tell which is worse...the faux grief or the actual real grief. 

I can't believe that we live in a society where freedom of speech gets totally knocked out of the park and people are arrested for holding up a piece of paper.

I can't believe there are absolute weapons going to Buckingham Palace placing marmalade sandwiches at the front gates whilst there is a food crisis.

It goes far beyond comprehension that because of some auld dears funeral many doctors appointments, hospital visits, cancer screenings are being cancelled.

Worst of all...probably most depressing. Is that this media love-in that is on our screens constantly, like some sort of fucking clockwork orange experiment, will probably make the union bond stronger to the maniacs and keep us as part of this circus. 

Watched a news bulletin on channel 5 last night. Expecting 80% coverage of a coffin and the rest on other stuff (the Ukrainian counter-offensive, energy prices, the weather, whatever).

Nope. 100% about a woman in a box. Apparently nothing else happened in the world yesterday.

15 hours ago, Clown Job said:

I do kinda laugh at people being outrage at individuals being arrested for being “offensive” by protesting….

While the same people supported the OBFA which done the same thing to football fans deemed “offensive” by the police 

Are they really the same people though?

13 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Anyone here even paid inheritance tax?

Shh, don't remind them that the plebs can still evade paying their fair share if they're poor enough!

3 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

‘these people will be thrilled to have an audience with the king…no doubt they will be declaring their allegiance to him’

Lol, that sounds like the wedding scene in The Godfather!

Oh, wait, that's exactly what it is.

4 minutes ago, Pens_Dark said:

I can't believe that we live in a society where freedom of speech gets totally knocked out of the park and people are arrested for holding up a piece of paper.

I'm really surprised by how many people are surprised by this. The police literally exist to protect the interests of our betters, and the government's been slowly working away at reducing the right to protest for longer than I've been alive.

Most folk appear to be perfectly okay with that, right up to the point at which they discover there's something unfair that they personally care about, and they cease to be alright, Jack.

Some daft bint getting interviewed outside St Giles on bbc news, saying the Queen was the toughest old lady she’d ever met. Turns out, she’d never actually met the queen.

North Korea level brainwashing is now complete in the UK in 2022. 

15 minutes ago, BFTD said:

Shh, don't remind them that the plebs can still evade paying their fair share if they're poor enough!

Lol, that sounds like the wedding scene in The Godfather!

Oh, wait, that's exactly what it is.

I'm really surprised by how many people are surprised by this. The police literally exist to protect the interests of our betters, and the government's been slowly working away at reducing the right to protest for longer than I've been alive.

Most folk appear to be perfectly okay with that, right up to the point at which they discover there's something unfair that they personally care about, and they cease to be alright, Jack.

I'm not surprised. I can't believe it is happening in plain sight for all of us to see without any fight-back.

It's a bank holiday. Almost no one will be open. I work in a college - if we went ahead with classes imagine the fuming in the Mail and Express: EVIL JOCKOLAND COLLEGE MAKES GRIEVING ROYALS CRY BY FORCING STUDENTS TO STUDY DURING FUNERAL!

Regarding the arrests - there is a counterargument in that the protestors were arrested to protect them. Remember that chip shop owner whose place got trashed when she questioned the obsequies. Royal enthusiasts can get pretty nasty. I wouldn't recommend any protestors to exercise their freedom of speech on the routes to Ibrox tomorrow night, say.

19 minutes ago, MONKMAN said:

Some daft bint getting interviewed outside St Giles on bbc news, saying the Queen was the toughest old lady she’d ever met. Turns out, she’d never actually met the queen.

North Korea level brainwashing is now complete in the UK in 2022. 

There was a mentalist I saw who said she mistook the queen for her mother once and shouted ‘mum! Mum!’ The realised it was the queen. In a shocking turn of events, the queen kept walking and did nothing. Truly it was like she was one of us. 

5 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

I’m also off Monday 

We have also been offered free counselling if we have been affected by her death

I do feel like I could use some counselling to be honest. 

5 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

I’m also off Monday 

We have also been offered free counselling if we have been affected by her death

I have been affected by her death. 

The football was cancelled, there is nothing on the TV apart from this crap and I have absolutely no interest in the RF.