Monday Night Football 2022/23 Thread

lichtie23

7 minutes ago, Brummie Clyde said:

I just think the organisers thought the Broncos would be really exciting with Russell Wilson at QB, plus all their weapons Javonte Williams, Melvin Gordon, Jeudy, Sutton, Hamler, etc. 

Hasn't quite worked out like that.

Yeah, pretty much this.

There are some teams which tend to be over-featured in primetime regardless, but if they make a big splash in FA the hype machine goes into overdrive. Nobody was playing the blindest bit of attention to the Bucs prior to 2020, but lo and behold, they're absolutely everywhere as soon as TB12 pitches up. Same thing would happen with the Pats if they suddenly landed Rodgers or suchlike. They already get 3 or 4 primetime games despite being absolute dugshit, because Pats, but give them a big flashy FA signing and they'd be playing half their games late on Sunday, MNF, or Thursday nights even if they still sucked donkey dick and won 4 games all season.

19 minutes ago, Brummie Clyde said:

I just think the organisers thought the Broncos would be really exciting with Russell Wilson at QB, plus all their weapons Javonte Williams, Melvin Gordon, Jeudy, Sutton, Hamler, etc. 

Hasn't quite worked out like that.

That, and buying into the pre-season perception that the AFC West would be the best division in football anyway.

It isn’t.

Fucking Yeeeesss. I hate New England. First time I've ever seen us beat them. They even beat us the year we made the Super Bowl.

Fields continues to impress, in spite of pressure up the middle. We did finally bench Mustipher at Centre before the game.

Nice to see picks for rookies Brisker and Gordon.

Surprised at Patriots gameplan. Thought they would run all over us, but they were actually better passing. Also, they didn't put a spy on Fields, which was clearly a mistake on their part. 

2 hours ago, jagfox said:

Bears have a good 1-2 punch with Montgomery and Khalil Herbert. 

Could help Fields going forward although still lacking in receiving positions. 

C Patrick on IR, so will miss at least 4 games and RT Borom DNP, in Concussion protocol. 

So Mustipher and Riley Reiff will probably start.

Byron Pringle back in training, so our WR issue could soon be resolved 😉

Hopefully Harry can step up now.

• 2 weeks later...