Hibernian v Motherwell 08/10/22

12 hours ago, Archie McSquackle said:

Was hoping to head through on the train to make a bit of a day of it but the trains are off

There is one an hour on the Shotts line and 2 an hour from Queen street.

Getting home maybe a cúnt though.
We've booked a taxi.

We're going through for beers and hopefully a scran after.

55 minutes ago, Archie McSquackle said:

Cheers. I'm not convinced by the reliability and there's the getting home part as you say. Not fully decided yet but might just leave it for Tynecastle in a month which is a shame as there are some good pubs down that way.

The weekend train strikes are a bit of a pain for fitba based bev sessions. We almost had to cancel the one we arranged with some Aberdeen supporting mates.

We thought it was all fucked, but fate intervened - the Queen died, the strikes were called off and the out of town lads were back in the game ! Everyone is happy !!

Not sure King Charlie is going to do the same in time for Saturday mind.......................

Travelling arrangements fucked so it'll be firestick and a bag o' cans for me unfortunately, as expecting it to be a good game with a few goals.

Hopefully the renaissance of Bazooka Joe continues and the forward line function as well as they did in Dingwall. A testing run of fixtures for us up til the World Cup break and would be content with a share of the spoils here. 2-2.

5 hours ago, Desp said:

Did Sauzee not get punted as manager after the 4-0 defeat at Fir Park when David Ferrere turned into Thierry Henry for half an hour?

Tough game this, but confidence will be sky high after Tuesday night.  Would be more than happy with a point here.  4 points and a +4 goal difference from Celtic (a), Ross County (a) & Hibs (a) would be a decent return.

I'll go for an entertaining Desmond.  Spittal & van Veen with our goals.

I was at that game.  There was some funny noise that came on the tannoys whenever you got a corner.  Left at 3-0 mind. 

Can't remember the game that he left after sorry, but the game after was 100% a 3-0 win over St Johnstone at home.

2 minutes ago, Gianfranco said:

I’m hoping this game is third time lucky for Moult and he finally gets a goal that’s not disallowed.

Porteous vs KVV and Boyle vs Penney should be interesting match ups.

2-2

Boyle has been so good against us for years - was fucking distraught when he came back - it will be interesting to see if Penney does a better job against him.

4 minutes ago, ropy said:

Any suggestions for parking? I previously used London Road.

Meadowbank Retail Park is probably your best bet. Any nearer to Easter Road/Leith Walk area and it’s a total nightmare because of the tram works.
I’d give yourself plenty of time, getting around anywhere in Edinburgh is a joke at the minute. 

11 minutes ago, ropy said:

Any suggestions for parking? I previously used London Road.

Meadowbank is definitely the best bet...............if you can get across town that is.

1 minute ago, dezz said:

Meadowbank Retail Park is probably your best bet. Any nearer to Easter Road/Leith Walk area and it’s a total nightmare because of the tram works.
I’d give yourself plenty of time, getting around anywhere in Edinburgh is a joke at the minute. 

I might actually take a bike as I am expecting a total carmageddon in Edinburgh tomorrow !

7 minutes ago, GreenGray said:

If you’re driving through from the West I’d genuinely considering using the tram Park and Ride and Ingilston driving in Edinburgh is an utter write off.

Thats actually a great suggestion (and not just for now, but always, imo), my Sister in law and niece used it last week (meeting my wife up the St James Quarter) and apparently its great - free parking, regular trams to St Andrew Sq.

Perfect for the Well lads wanting a couple of pub stops en route to Easter Raod.

13 minutes ago, GreenGray said:

If you’re driving through from the West I’d genuinely considering using the tram Park and Ride and Ingilston driving in Edinburgh is an utter write off.

Never thought of that, but Ingliston park and ride is a great shout actually. Almost certainly be quicker to jump on the tram to St Andrew Sq (probably about 30 mins) than fight through town to get to Meadowbank. 

Never thought of that, but Ingliston park and ride is a great shout actually. Almost certainly be quicker to jump on the tram to St Andrew Sq (probably about 30 mins) than fight through town to get to Meadowbank. 

100% then can make a few refreshment stops on the walk from St Andrew’s Square to Easter Road.

If the trams ever get finished I think this way would be a no brainier for visiting fans as could get it all the way to Leith Walk

29 minutes ago, dezz said:

26 minutes ago, GreenGray said:

If you’re driving through from the West I’d genuinely considering using the tram Park and Ride at Ingilston driving in Edinburgh is an utter write off.

I had identified Meadowbank as a possibility but may try the tram as a simpler option, I don’t mind a walk.

Thanks.

3 minutes ago, GreenGray said:

100% then can make a few refreshment stops on the walk from St Andrew’s Square to Easter Road.

If the trams ever get finished I think this way would be a no brainier for visiting fans as could get it all the way to Leith Walk

The York place tram terminus is pretty much at the top end of Leith Walk anyways, so it's only a 15 minute walk to ER. The completed route will make it closer to 10. I don't think the trams make a huge difference, other than Edinburgh might be slightly easier to navigate once they're done. Assuming there's not another giant road refurbishment program tacked on immediately the tram contract ends.

The York place tram terminus is pretty much at the top end of Leith Walk anyways, so it's only a 15 minute walk to ER. The completed route will make it closer to 10. I don't think the trams make a huge difference, other than Edinburgh might be slightly easier to navigate once they're done. Assuming there's not another giant road refurbishment program tacked on immediately the tram contract ends.

There is definitely benefits to them if you don’t mind a walk or you don’t need the car. But as you say you can never count out Edinburgh Council finding a way to f**k it up. The area around Leith Walk/London Road/Easter Road is an utter nightmare atm.