Hibernian v Motherwell 08/10/22

5 minutes ago, joewarkfanclub said:

Was thinking about coming round the City bypass and into Easter Road from the Portobello side.

Is that a stupid idea?

Nope, works fine. You can take a short cut via Newton village and thru the Jewell using 2nd left at the sherrifhall roundabout. Satnavs your friend👍

14 minutes ago, joewarkfanclub said:

Was thinking about coming round the City bypass and into Easter Road from the Portobello side.

Is that a stupid idea?

That would have been my route to Meadowbank but I am definitely going to use the tram.  (York Place is about a 3 minute difference to my previous parking in London Road.)

I need to get to Waverley for the train to London on Sunday, I was going to get a lift to the station but if the tram works well I may ask to get dropped at Ingleston.

Edited by ropy

1 hour ago, dezz said:

Meadowbank Retail Park is probably your best bet. Any nearer to Easter Road/Leith Walk area and it’s a total nightmare because of the tram works.
I’d give yourself plenty of time, getting around anywhere in Edinburgh is a joke at the minute. 

I've used the retail park a few times bit I tend to use on street parking on Marionville Rd - there are usually a few spaces. I always wondered if the retail park had some time limit or number plate recognition but I've never had a problem. I'm coming in from the South, so I've also parked on Calton Rd and around there a few times but that isn't handy for coming in from the west.

As others have said - if you're coming from the west - park out at The Gyle or Sighthill and get the tram in - stress free.

Yeah the retail park is more or less perfect for travelling fans really. Wee bridge behind Sainsburys and your at the away end within 3-4 minutes walk.

There are rumours they have rules etc but I've never heard anything about them actually being enforced, think its more of an overnight stay/taking the piss kinda thing. 

32 minutes ago, Chefki Kuqi said:

Yeah the retail park is more or less perfect for travelling fans really. Wee bridge behind Sainsburys and your at the away end within 3-4 minutes walk.

There are rumours they have rules etc but I've never heard anything about them actually being enforced, think its more of an overnight stay/taking the piss kinda thing. 

I park there every time I bring the car, have done since the bridge was opened, never had an issue, in fact never even seen a renta-a-cop

Not a great first half. Defensively we have been poor. Too many balls coming in from both wings and simply not being dealt with. Penny and Sheilds have been performing extremely poorly today.

Buildup plan is good in spurts but we aren't making any real chances (apart from the one at the end of the half). Hibs being extremely wasteful upfront which I am currently greatful for. Can't count how many times we siny just passed the ball straight back to hibs.

We really need a half time talk similar to County because if these performances continue into the second half, we will pass the ball straight to a hibs player for a goal.

2 minutes ago, MP_MFC said:

Absolutely brutal from Shields. He’s rotten. 

Just now, Phillips455 said:

How on earth did sheilds not get subbed off at half time. He has most likely cost us any points in this game now.

There were championship sides sniffing about. Wish we had acted and let him go ! Seems likely he has cost us any chance of getting any points from this game. If you cannot be good. Just don’t be shite 🤬