Athletic, Alloa vs. Athletic, Dunfermline

Good first half. Deserved the lead. Second goal was a beauty from Matty. Second half, Alloa made changes and got into the game. Mehmet made some great saves, including a great double save. His quick throw to Edwards set up the attack that we won the throw in from, that led to the goal as well.

Good to see Wighton score. He looked hungrier today. Playing in his correct position probably helped with that too. From a Pars perspective, I thought Fisher looked good and Comrie’s a better wing back than MacDonald. Think that’s our best back 5, if we stick with that system. Hamilton being back in the team added a lot to the midfield and thought Chalmers had a good game - cracking cross from him for the first goal! Todorov put in a great shift, held the ball up well and won a lot in the air.

The 3-4-2-1 was an interesting set up. Looked good first half, with Mochrie and Todd getting into good areas. Both were quiet second half though. I’d have made more changes, but then we made too many last week so can understand that hesitancy.

47 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

Sitting here fucked with the flu. Just up from a “nap” after 4 hours to see we didn’t concede and tanned Alloa, at their own ground, by three goals to zilch. Am I still dreaming? Is the co-codamol/echinacea/benylin combo sent me doolally?

Particularly important result, given those around us all won. Next week is certainly going to be interesting at home to Edinburgh. Never in a million years did I expect them to be beside us after tanking them earlier in the season.

We drew 1 1. Enjoy the drugs while they work.

20 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

McPake cant be a a right grumpy bugger eh. Sounds like he's in  a right mood in his post match interview.

Just listened to this. Wonder what’s annoyed him? Certainly doesn’t like the criticism of Wighton. But even before Wighton came up, he was clearly pissed off.

1 hour ago, Stellaboz said:

Fantastic result and earned that scoreline without being brilliant. Hamilton was superb, Chalmers had a very good game as did most of them. 

I thought 3-0 flattered Dunfermline a bit, but no doubt that it was a comfortable win. We were poor first half while the Pars were solid throughout the team and deserved to lead at half-time, scoring two good goals.

Second half, I thought we played well, but only really created a couple of good chances. Easy to see why Dunfermline have a good defensive record - Benedictus as expected a leader at the back.

Will be interesting to see who Rice starts against Airdrie. For me we looked better with a back four and Cawley, Miller, Offord and Donnelly all did enough to advance their cases to start. It was particularly good to see Wee Kev getting some game time in a central role.

We were garbage today,really poor.Got what we deserved,nothing.Have to say though,it's getting on my wick to see refs turning a blind eye to the opposition pulling Alloa players off the ball constantly both arms wrapped around them.Every single week it's the same.Seems that's no foul these days.

As for McPake,shouting abuse at the Alloa bench and ref when Hogarth collided with his own player,and play stopped for a possible head injury,McPake couldn't care less and gave everyone that would listen an f*** you.Utterly appalling,classless.

10 minutes ago, Alloa 68 said:

We were garbage today,really poor.Got what we deserved,nothing.Have to say though,it's getting on my wick to see refs turning a blind eye to the opposition pulling Alloa players off the ball constantly both arms wrapped around them.Every single week it's the same.Seems that's no foul these days.

As for McPake,shouting abuse at the Alloa bench and ref when Hogarth collided with his own player,and play stopped for a possible head injury,McPake couldn't care less and gave everyone that would listen an f*** you.Utterly appalling,classless.

If refs are consistently not giving fouls every week for certain things, then I think it's fair to assume these things are not against the laws of the game now (if they ever were).

Just listened to this. Wonder what’s annoyed him? Certainly doesn’t like the criticism of Wighton. But even before Wighton came up, he was clearly pissed off.

He certainly didn’t need to be baited as biting at the home fans every two minutes, even when nothing was being said to him. giphy.gif

Feel sorry for the Alloa guy interviewing McPake, bizzare post match interview. 

Felt that was a banana skin today avoided and avoided in reasonable style running out a healthy lead after last week's shambles.

31 minutes ago, printer said:

If refs are consistently not giving fouls every week for certain things, then I think it's fair to assume these things are not against the laws of the game now (if they ever were).

Constantly being pulled off the ball by players using both hands,pretty sure that's a foul,these days you can barely breath on someone for a free kick to be given.McPake is classless,player lying on the ground,potential head injury,game stopped and he go's off his nut,swearing at Alloa staff,bench,Rice and even the linesman,easily enough to be sent to tha stand,nothing done.

26 minutes ago, Alloa 68 said:

Constantly being pulled off the ball by players using both hands,pretty sure that's a foul,these days you can barely breath on someone for a free kick to be given.McPake is classless,player lying on the ground,potential head injury,game stopped and he go's off his nut,swearing at Alloa staff,bench,Rice and even the linesman,easily enough to be sent to tha stand,nothing done.

Sad Season 1 GIF by Rick and Morty

55 minutes ago, Alloa 68 said:

Offt. Foundy English hurts my head.

Edited by Chubbychops

This season has felt a bit more wrassly than prior ones.

Personally, I wouldn't be against a two-fall bout between the managers as half time entertainment, or possibly a pre-match Royal Rumble if it helped get it all out of their systems.

6 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

Offt. Foundy English hurts my head.

Because I did general standard grade maths, I had to do the foundation exam as well (everyone sat the exam of the level below them in case they failed the exam of their own standard, so folk doing credit had to do the general and folk doing general had to do foundation.

Was a massive minter. The foundation stuff was genuinely primarily school level stuff.

2 minutes ago, BFTD said:

This season has felt a bit more wrassly than prior ones.

Personally, I wouldn't be against a two-fall bout between the managers as half time entertainment, or possibly a pre-match Royal Rumble if it helped get it all out of their systems.

How can you have a Royal Rumble with just two folk? Unless of course you mean to include all assistants, coaches and backroom staff?

You've sold it to me.

2 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

How can you have a Royal Rumble with just two folk? Unless of course you mean to include all assistants, coaches and backroom staff?

You've sold it to me.

Aye, that was a separate idea. Pre-match Royal Rumble for all the players (and staff, if there's room), and/or one-on-one bout between managers at half-time.

Ought to liven up the manager interviews at full time.

16 minutes ago, BFTD said:

Aye, that was a separate idea. Pre-match Royal Rumble for all the players (and staff, if there's room), and/or one-on-one bout between managers at half-time.

Ought to liven up the manager interviews at full time.

Promos, they're now called promos.

We need to get manager promos in advance of each game. So for example we should have seen McPake and Rice in the midweek just passed talking about how they'll batter each other.

Edited by DA Baracus