Athletic, Alloa vs. Athletic, Dunfermline

11 minutes ago, parsboi said:

Cheers for that.

Always nice to listen to away teams highlights and butthurt commentary when we’ve pumped them.  😉

When I listened back the thought crossed my mind how absurd I was more hyped by Mehmet's saves than McPake was. I actually enjoy football right enough. 

1 hour ago, parsboi said:

Cheers for that.

Always nice to listen to away teams highlights and butthurt commentary when we’ve pumped them.  😉

Absolutely nothing on the Falkirk boys and actually thought it was about as impartial as partisan commentary goes.

6 hours ago, 101 said:

Absolutely nothing on the Falkirk boys and actually thought it was about as impartial as partisan commentary goes.

Indeed. For all Leohas....'s referee bashing is boring and usually not justified he and Kieran do an excellent job.

7 hours ago, 101 said:

I wasn’t entirely being serious which I’m sure Leon knows 😂

No one has anything on Rangers TV tbf…. 

9 hours ago, LeodhasXD said:

Decent highlights package, thanks for sharing. Regarding comments above, regarding Mehmet’s saves, I do actually agree with McPake - I don’t think he made any saves that you shouldn’t be expecting a keeper to make.
Don’t get me wrong, Mehmet played well, as I’ve said already. But, in my opinion, he played well as he didn’t make costly mistakes rather than because he did more than should be expected of a keeper. His only mistake was in the first half, when he almost spilled a cross into his own net! I’m delighted to see the turnaround from Mehmet, who I hoped would never play for us again this time last year.

Totally agreed with Callum, there was nothing game changing he did. The tip round the post was a good save, the rest routine. 

He played well though, good performance. Like many others, wanted him gone in the summer. Now I'm delighted he stayed. 

To be fair to McPake, if you win 3-0 away and the first question post-match is about how well your keeper played, and the third question is about the opposing team's centre forward who was hooked at half time, I think you have a right to be a bit miffed.

Edited by par-adise

First half was really poor from us but definitely better after the break and the introduction of Cawley and Donnelly. Overall, despite going down 3-0 the performance was at least better than last week at QoS. 

Thought the goal just before halftime (Todd took it really well) would kill us off but to be fair we did look to be more positive in the 2nd half. 

On another day maybe 1 or 2 of the efforts Mehmet saved go in, and I felt if we had got 1 back we may have got something out the game, but on the whole Dunfermline were pretty comfortable to be fair. The 3rd ended any hope and the defending for it was particularly poor. 

12 hours ago, Cardle is Magic said:

First two goals are delicious.

Doesn't even show the highlight of the highlights, bang on the 3 min mark in the video below.  Good of the editor to get the fan falling on his arse in slow-mo. 😄

Apart from the pre match beer there was only 2 real moments of enjoyment during the afternoon, the guy taking a terracing tumble and watching McPake melting down, he’s an angry man [emoji23] We were way off the pace, especially first half. We’ve looked at our most dangerous when we’ve pressed high in numbers and we didn’t do that. A little better second half but the game was over, Dunfermline worth the win. I do hope Devine gave his shirt to Todorov after the game as he spent every challenge trying to get it off his back, both numbers had been ripped off. That badger headed linesman watched it go on all game, useless twat. Anyway, hopefully a return to form next week