Snide/Unsportsman Conduct in our game

8 minutes ago, eindhovendee said:

Think this ticks off some of the above.

Picture quality is shite.

Must admit - used to love seeing a winger get fucking clattered in the first 10 mins to let them know they're in a game.

On 06/10/2022 at 09:28, craigkillie said:

It's more that the defender is goalside and closer to the ball. You can swap the players round and the forward will most likely get a foul if they go down.

Possibly, the impression i have (perhaps misguided) is that defenders are given more leeway to "outmuscle" attacking players in those situations but yeah, just purely from a player positioning thing it's more likely to have a defender nearer to the ball so perhaps it just stands out more when it happens.

There are plenty of match instances of forwards being """clever""" by winning free kicks by the corner flag tbf, especially if they're killing time late on with their team winning.

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

Falling and getting a deliberate handball, faking injuries for a time-out (or Joe Hart getting a whiff on Sondre's armpit) and throwing the ball an extra two feet forward at free kicks all feel like 'actual' cheating and are annoying.

I do love people being wide though. I didn't like the 'kicking the ball away' at opposition free kicks for a while when I first noticed it. Mainly cause under GA we got so blatant at it and I'm sure VanVeen got at least one yellow for doing it last season. But standing in their way or just 'stopping to tie your laces' in front of the ball seems harmless and I like us to be annoying sometimes. Harks back to older days of "Away teams get cramped changing rooms and no hot water" or Terry Butcher shouting and hitting the walls in the tunnel.

I don't like the opposition. If I wanted to watch a 'gentleman's game of sporting conduct and good cheer to everyone' I'd be at the cricket. Take the piss all you want lads as long as it's not too menacing. There was a match v Aberdeen at Fir Park last year where T-Watt was riling up Scott Brown and patted his head as he ran by and I could've watched a gif of that for a week.

"Git intae thum" I say.

5 hours ago, AnderooMFC said:

Falling and getting a deliberate handball, faking injuries for a time-out (or Joe Hart getting a whiff on Sondre's armpit) and throwing the ball an extra two feet forward at free kicks all feel like 'actual' cheating and are annoying.

I do love people being wide though. I didn't like the 'kicking the ball away' at opposition free kicks for a while when I first noticed it. Mainly cause under GA we got so blatant at it and I'm sure VanVeen got at least one yellow for doing it last season. But standing in their way or just 'stopping to tie your laces' in front of the ball seems harmless and I like us to be annoying sometimes. Harks back to older days of "Away teams get cramped changing rooms and no hot water" or Terry Butcher shouting and hitting the walls in the tunnel.

I don't like the opposition. If I wanted to watch a 'gentleman's game of sporting conduct and good cheer to everyone' I'd be at the cricket. Take the piss all you want lads as long as it's not too menacing. There was a match v Aberdeen at Fir Park last year where T-Watt was riling up Scott Brown and patted his head as he ran by and I could've watched a gif of that for a week.

"Git intae thum" I say.

That's something that I don't like seeing,  it just comes across as being dick/ish. 

6 hours ago, AnderooMFC said:

"Git intae thum" I say.

C4AD89DB-0581-47B9-8C26-9DA66E7F7E3D.jpeg

2 hours ago, bennett said:

That's something that I don't like seeing,  it just comes across as being dick/ish. 

But being a dick to a career dickhead is okay in my books.

5 hours ago, bennett said:

Yeah but that's my point. It's not outright cheating or holding the game back, just riling each other up.

4 hours ago, ropy said:

Things you love to see!

3 hours ago, Empty It said:

But being a dick to a career dickhead is okay in my books.

Scott Brown seems less like the "riling up opposition" dickhead and more like the "gonna subtley stamp on your leg while getting up from a challenge" dickhead. Deserves all he gets.

Having a go at a ref in a post-match interview, then, the following day, texting a half-arsed apology to your mate for him to read out on his radio show.

This may also be suitable for the Tin Pot thread, and any "Ian McCall is, and always has been, a snide arsehole" thread

On 07/10/2022 at 10:30, eindhovendee said:

Think this ticks off some of the above.

Picture quality is shite.

The Forest fans singing, "who's the b*****d in the black?" like the ref was being unfair  :lol: