Taps Oan

BFTD

I'm getting a thermostatic valve installed in my radiator. Something to do with the flat failing its energy survey or whatnot.

I was ready to settle for one which I could turn on and off without the use of a wrench, but this should counter the whims of my flatmates who like to crank the heat up full as soon as my back is turned.

16 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

I'm getting a thermostatic valve installed in my radiator. Something to do with the flat failing its energy survey or whatnot.

I was ready to settle for one which I could turn on and off without the use of a wrench, but this should counter the whims of my flatmates who like to crank the heat up full as soon as my back is turned.

You can get a TRV valve head which can be locked or reduce the range it can be adjusted.

You can get a TRV valve head which can be locked or reduce the range it can be adjusted.
Cheers. It's the heating dial on the actual boiler, as shown in the photo, which they keep cranking up. Not sure what the landlord's thoughts on installing unnecessary bits and bobs would be. I'll give it a mention though. 055ea58a8adb10c95d468f7b417466f3.jpg

On 08/10/2022 at 23:50, welshbairn said:

Had to put ma bunnet on in Fraserburgh this evening after a sunny afternoon. Nights are fair drawing in too, Winter is coming...

Hud on a minute.

This isn't where you decided to stay when visiting the Banff and Buchan coast?

30 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Hud on a minute.

This isn't where you decided to stay when visiting the Banff and Buchan coast?

Nope, that's for Turriff away in the Highland League Cup in November, it'll be full long johns and woolly vests by then.

3 hours ago, DiegoDiego said:

Cheers. It's the heating dial on the actual boiler, as shown in the photo, which they keep cranking up. Not sure what the landlord's thoughts on installing unnecessary bits and bobs would be. I'll give it a mention though. 055ea58a8adb10c95d468f7b417466f3.jpg

Easy solution, disconnect that one, but leave in place. Install another hidden one. Continue to turn the disconnected one down whenever you notice they’ve turned it up.

• 1 month later...

Made it to the 21st of November before taps went oan. The wean started asking for heating, and he's young enough that he flouces about in shorts during the autumn, so I guess it was time.

I'll be putting it off when he's out though, in a vain attempt to keep at least one kidney away from the black market.