Taps Oan

BFTD

With warmth becoming the preserve of the wealthy, a sister thread to Taps Aff is clearly required. Post when you've finally given in to hypothermia, when eight layers and the brazier you've set up in the living room just haven't been enough, and you've braved bankruptcy by turning on your central heating.

Bit chilly this week. I'd have been tempted in a normal year, but went to bed with all the blankets instead. February's gonna be a basturt.

34 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Had to put ma bunnet on in Fraserburgh this evening after a sunny afternoon. Nights are fair drawing in too, Winter is coming...

Time for a holiday to Dorne.

I had the heating on for an hour or so on Friday and had it on one night early in the week too; had to give in to the chill. I’ll be taking on a 2nd job probably by March to repay this extravagance but no way am I freezing.

A year or so ago, I’d have thought nothing of setting the timer for heating to come on an hour before I got up in the morning and probably had it set to be on an hour at teatime. Need to be a wee bit more prudent for now, until I see how the bills look.

42 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

I can proudly say that I have never had my top off in a public place for any reason at all*.

*Excluding swimming pools etc.

Aye, I used to be self-conscious about my pendulous man-boobs too.

I'm usually not too bad and a jumper or fleece is normally enough to keep me comfortable. The wife, on the other hand, is the exact opposite and constantly complains of feeling the cold. 

Came home earlier to find her with the heating up full bung, tumble dryer birling away and using 3 rings on the stove. Her frivolous, carefree energy use will have us on the fucking streets by Christmas.