Craziest Fandoms

6 hours ago, Michael W said:

Conor McGregor fans were, without exception, complete melts. Thankfully they are somewhat diminished now after their hero was humiliated a couple of times. 

Royal family fans are unsurprising a bunch of total weirdos. You also now have Harry and Meghan fans, 'The Sussex Squad' who are also a gang of nutters. 

Anytime I'm working in a house where they have pictures of the Royal Family and The Queen dotted about the place, it's a tell tale sign they are absolute weirdos in all honesty. 

Edited by Flybhoy

5 hours ago, coprolite said:

The wifey that ran the union bar at embra in about 1995 was besotted by Daniel O Donnell. She'd seen him over 100 times and had a load of photos of her with him stuck up... 

star-trek-gowron.gif

Sorry, I didn't read the rest. 

On 23/10/2022 at 12:24, 19QOS19 said:

An aptly timed update in the Britney Spears thread. Mind when all her idiot fans were against her dad having conservatorship? How's that working out now. She's going completely off the rails. I wonder if those fuckwits still think he was just trying to steal his daughter's money. Fannies.

One quote from some brain donor has received a shitload of likes from similar brain donors presumably with her post starting "She's taking back her power". f**k me.

I don't think there's any doubt the conservatorship was exploiting her estate and earnings, but from what I can tell it wasn't the father doing it, rather he really had no idea how to manage her affairs, so he'd appointed other people to do that and they'd sub-contracted others, so the whole thing had become a ridiculous gravy-train/scam with folk taking hundreds of thousands of dollars in retainers for doing absolutely nothing.

There was never any doubt about the lassie being unwell enough that she needed some form of guardianship, but it's also true that the conservatorship as it was needed binned. She even said herself that she wasn't against the idea itself, merely the fact that the measures in place were being handled in a completely inappropriate manner.

I also think it's highly likely this new husband is the real culprit behind what's going on with her right now, and the cynic in me thinks he's just biding her time until she has another colossal mental health event and he can screw her in the court for a life-long income. That's pretty much what the father of her children did, and he's now shitting the bed because her kids are on the verge of becoming legal adults and she will no longer have to pay him a fortune in maintenance. Federline and his partner haven't worked a day in their lives since he took custody of the kids. Just another way she's been ruthlessly exploited by grifting shitebags.

Just type into Twitter the following words " I quite enjoyed Rings Of Power especially the portrayal of a younger Galadriel" then sit back and watch as the two opposing sides accuse each other of being shills for Jeff Bezos and book w****r purists. 

10 hours ago, tamthebam said:

I quite like Star Trek and Star Wars but you might as well add Trekkies and Star Wars obsessives to the list.

I like Star Wars (originals only) and hate Star Trek. Both fandoms I agree are obsessive. Was in Disney last week and the amount of grown adults cutting about the Star Wars themed park (which is amazing to be fair) in full regalia was unbelievable. 90 degree heat and these nutters are walking about in robes and military uniforms, full leather etc. Mentalists.

Trekkies are bona fide for the list though. @scottsdad

12 minutes ago, Rugster said:

I like Star Wars (originals only) and hate Star Trek.

facepalm-picard.gif

10 hours ago, tamthebam said:

I quite like Star Trek and Star Wars but you might as well add Trekkies and Star Wars obsessives to the list.

I enjoy both, though lean towards Star Trek. But there are some folk who do go far too far with it. And for 99% of folk there is no "rivalry" between them. Anyone who does go down this road is just odd. 

The best description I heard about Star Wars fans was on the big bang theory. Wil Wheaton sitting in a cinema explaining that some Star Wars fans take the movies far too seriously was, for me, spot on. 

Apparently there's a thing with Star Wars and Lord of the Rings fans too.

Dunno where Star Trek fits into that, but I bet there's some beef centred around pointy ears. Inevitable.

5 minutes ago, BFTD said:

Dunno where Star Trek fits into that, but I bet there's some beef centred around pointy ears. Inevitable.

I had no idea there was such a "rivalry". 

3tzou3.gif

On 22/10/2022 at 19:32, BFTD said:

Does Jeff Bezos attract "fans" in the same way as Musk? Is it just "this guy has the most money in the world, so he must be good and I like him"?

One of the downsides of the internet does appear to be the hothousing of lunatic obsession. I don't think I've ever loved a person, place, or thing* enough to do more than make a snide comment if someone dislikes it, never mind stalk their internet history to hurt them, or worse.

*Except for The Thing, which is the greatest film of all time, and I will hunt you down and kill your parents if you speak ill of it, I swear to God.

Elon Musk actively tries to cultivate a cult of personality around himself by pretending that he actually invented stuff himself, and is therefore a genius, rather than simply being a guy who paid other smarter people to invent things for him. 

His is the one fandom that I simply don’t understand though. I get why people like Lionel Messi, or Star Wars or whatever. I get why some people take that too far. I legitimately cannot understand at all why a single person likes Elon Musk, or thinks he’s anything other than a rich arsehole. 

1 hour ago, scottsdad said:

facepalm-picard.gif

I enjoy both, though lean towards Star Trek. But there are some folk who do go far too far with it. And for 99% of folk there is no "rivalry" between them. Anyone who does go down this road is just odd. 

The best description I heard about Star Wars fans was on the big bang theory. Wil Wheaton sitting in a cinema explaining that some Star Wars fans take the movies far too seriously was, for me, spot on. 

There's a good scene in the film Fanboys (a decent comedy film about Star Wars obsessives, although really more about defining friendship through a shared love) about this.

33 minutes ago, BFTD said:

There's a decent scene in Clerks 2 about this. There's also a scene about a donkey show and a conversation about ass to mouth, but that isn't relevant here.

19 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Elon Musk actively tries to cultivate a cult of personality around himself by pretending that he actually invented stuff himself, and is therefore a genius, rather than simply being a guy who paid other smarter people to invent things for him. 

His is the one fandom that I simply don’t understand though. I get why people like Lionel Messi, or Star Wars or whatever. I get why some people take that too far. I legitimately cannot understand at all why a single person likes Elon Musk, or thinks he’s anything other than a rich arsehole. 

I heard a clip of a BBC documentary and some lassie said that he is smarter than Einstein. Laughable. The man is a total p***k.

Edited by DA Baracus

18 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

I had no idea there was such a "rivalry". 

3tzou3.gif

I think it started when Lord of the Rings fans started referring to the Peter Jackson films as "The Trilogy". Capital Ts.

OYF. You'd think they were all referring to holy texts or something.

15 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

I used to think he must be self-made, considering the weird godlike obsession people have with him. Nope; his daddy was rich and owned an emerald mine.

Much like Trump, he's been proven time and again to be a terrible businessman too. Apparently there's just a never-ending supply of investors willing to piss money up against a wall for these folk.

6 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

There's a decent scene in Clerks 2 about this. There's also a scene about a donkey show and a conversation about ass to mouth, but that isn't relevant here.

Donkey shows and Ass-to-Mouth are always relevant.

Kevin Smith can lay claim to having his own Trilogy now. I haven't seem Clerks 3 yet, but I'm happy to rank them higher than Star Wars or LotR already and, in true fanboy tradition, I will doxx anyone who says otherwise from behind seven proxies.

4 hours ago, BFTD said:

Donkey shows and Ass-to-Mouth are always relevant.

Kevin Smith can lay claim to having his own Trilogy now. I haven't seem Clerks 3 yet, but I'm happy to rank them higher than Star Wars or LotR already and, in true fanboy tradition, I will doxx anyone who says otherwise from behind seven proxies.

What are your thoughts on ass to mouth? And how many donkey shows have you attended? Of those, how many did you 'participate' in?

Haven't seen Clerks 3, mainly because until now I didn't know it existed.

3 hours ago, mathematics said:

Excellent scene(s).

Indeed it is! Good film in general.

Edited by DA Baracus