Falkirk vs Dunfermline 5.11.22

9 minutes ago, Wind Chime Jimmy said:

I understand Falkirk craving this game more than the Pars given their years in the league, which they'll not get out of this season. Pars will go up and it'll be some time before they get near us again. They can muck about with fellow Fifers Kelty instead. 

I like your avatar, Jimmy Finlayson from Larbert, I believe?

Are you a closet Bairns supporter?

Guest Wind Chime Jimmy
3 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

I like your avatar, Jimmy Finlayson from Larbert, I believe?

Are you a closet Bairns supporter?

I'm the ghost of Ben Turpin from Santa Monica. Silent movie start with the pontoon eyes. 

I'm a realist first and foremost, also a Pars fan. 

2 minutes ago, Wind Chime Jimmy said:

I'm the ghost of Ben Turpin from Santa Monica. Silent movie start with the pontoon eyes. 

I'm a realist first and foremost, also a Pars fan. 

Doh! You got me! 👏👏

I stand corrected, said the man in the orthopaedic shoes. 😋

4 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

People from Larbert are highly intelligent (and know how and when to use capital letters), that's why.

And we've reached the point where weirdo on the internet wants to treat casual posts like an English exam and thinks finding minor grammar errors makes them smart.  Bring on saturday when we can actuallly talk about football(for 10 minutes before some arsehole behavoir by one set of fans is brought up and whataboutery takes hold) 

Guest Wind Chime Jimmy
3 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Doh! You got me! 👏👏

I stand corrected, said the man in the orthopaedic shoes. 😋

Talking about shoes, I went to the filling station at Kincardine Way this morning for petrol.

The first pump didn’t work, neither did the second pump, nor the third.

I went into the shop and said to the lassie working behind the counter, “Have you got yir pumps on?”  

She said, “Naw, I’m wearing Sambas”

3 hours ago, JulioBairn said:

Do you also remember the roaster in the away end having a complete meltdown after Gows winner in the last minute or has that one slipped your mind?

That was a Chelsea fan m9

8 hours ago, 101 said:

Can Falkirk arrange for the biggest roasters in their support to sit in the stand closest to the away fans. Seem to recall one guy having a full scale melt down after his team went 1 up before folding. Ta.

8 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

They won’t have to face mighty Myles Offside this time so will likely fancy their chances.

8 hours ago, The Toun Clock said:

A Pars fan has been posting videos of recent wins at TFS on Twitter this week. I completely forgot that Myles Hippolyte scored for us in two separate games at TFS,, certainly enjoyed a Dunfermline Vs Falkirk game, regardless of the colour of shirt he was wearing.

8 hours ago, DAFC. said:

He was utter dross. A complete donkey, but still managed to make a mark on Falkirk with the Pars.

Obviously still hurting?

7 hours ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Big crowd of 6,670 in EEP for the Bairns game. Only there to see the Bairns?

Right back at ye.

Not really no, given there were 8,000 Falkirk fans at that game there were actually about minus 2,000 Pars fans there. That's how little we care. 

To be slightly less facetious, while there was an increase in the home support that day, it doesn't seem as big an uplift as the home support for this one. I guess there will be a fair few Falkirk fans who used to go to home games who have maybe given up after the past few seasons and who'll return for this game.

Guest Wind Chime Jimmy

The artistic brilliance of the cameras position, the sheer mesmerising visual content, the crescendo of noise, the crowds rapid transition from an expectant oooh, ahhhh to a mass fuckkinnn YESSSSS! , the mass burst of energy like the splitting of the atom, the sheer joy of whipping Falkirk on their own patch in Grangemouth is what fitbaw is really all about.

I hope I'm very, very happy post match this coming Saturday

42 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Not really no, given there were 8,000 Falkirk fans at that game there were actually about minus 2,000 Pars fans there. 1.That's how little we care. 

To be slightly less facetious, while there was an increase in the home support that day, it doesn't seem as big an uplift as the home support for this one. 2. I guess there will be a fair few Falkirk fans who used to go to home games who have maybe given up after the past few seasons and who'll return for this game.

1. Aye, right.

250 odd posts so far on this match thread tends to suggest that both groups of fans care.

We have to accept the fact that although we rip the pish out of the other set of supporters if they are playing in the league below, in our hearts we miss these big games like hell when we don't have them. C'mon man, be honest, admit it, right?

2. Quite a few Falkirk fans have already said on this thread that they are lapsed game attendees who are coming along to see the Bairns for the first time in a while so you are perfectly correct. Big games like these put bums on seats, magic.

18 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

1. Aye, right.

250 odd posts so far on this match thread tends to suggest that both groups of fans care.

We have to accept the fact that although we rip the pish out of the other set of supporters if they are playing in the league below, in our hearts we miss these big games like hell when we don't have them. C'mon man, be honest, admit it, right?

2. Quite a few Falkirk fans have already said on this thread that they are lapsed game attendees who are coming along to see the Bairns for the first time in a while so you are perfectly correct. Big games like these put bums on seats, magic.

I know, I'm just talking in jest. Just having a laugh at the usual crowdwanking from the blue side. Having not been in your division for a few years it's been missed...

For all they've started the season well, I can't help but think there's a distinct MacKinnon/M&M feel about the current Dunfermline squad. Slightly better than our old rabble but not a great attacking side with an emphasis on not getting beat. Been scanning through the Halbeath Road thread & a few Pars seem optimistic about potential January window signings to cover any shortcomings. Doesn't work that way at this level, I'm afraid lads.

Looking for us to continue on our upward curve and, while I'll never be arrogant enough to suggest an easy win, I'm sure we'll give a great account of ourselves in front of a fucking sexy massive crowd. More confident for our season as a whole than this one match. We'll have our brain farts but we're getting there.

I think it's time to put to bed the "we bottle it against the better sides" chat. There are only 2 teams above us in the league & we've turned up against both.

Guest Wind Chime Jimmy
1 hour ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

I know, I'm just talking in jest. Just having a laugh at the usual crowdwanking from the blue side. Having not been in your division for a few years it's been missed...

Embarrassing climb down. 

Guest Wind Chime Jimmy
7 minutes ago, badgerthewitness said:

For all they've started the season well, I can't help but think there's a distinct MacKinnon/M&M feel about the current Dunfermline squad. Slightly better than our old rabble but not a great attacking side with an emphasis on not getting beat. Been scanning through the Halbeath Road thread & a few Pars seem optimistic about potential January window signings to cover any shortcomings. Doesn't work that way at this level, I'm afraid lads.

Looking for us to continue on our upward curve and, while I'll never be arrogant enough to suggest an easy win, I'm sure we'll give a great account of ourselves in front of a fucking sexy massive crowd. More confident for our season as a whole than this one match. We'll have our brain farts but we're getting there.

I think it's time to put to bed the "we bottle it against the better sides" chat. There are only 2 teams above us in the league & we've turned up against both.

Kelty beat Falkirk. Pars beat Falkirk. Do you know the words to the song? 

'you're being fucked by the Fifers', you just repeat this line. Glorious. 

Guest Wind Chime Jimmy
Just now, 101 said:

This thread is so shoddy it's making me hanker for a match thread with Raith Rovers 🤢

Ach away min. Your effort is hardly hold standard patter if you're honest with yourself