Falkirk vs Dunfermline 5.11.22

5 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Jim Leishman balloons.

Thought of including them but it’s more of a release than a throw. There’s no debate on who lobs the more creative stuff though. Have to concede that one to our three-standed pals.

2 hours ago, CallumPar said:

More than 1500 sold in the away end now. Which is more than the 1300 that Falkirk brought to East End earlier in the season. Good effort from the Pars fans, no doubt be close to selling out the north stand come Saturday.

1 hour ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

And if by 1300 you mean 1800-2000 then yes you are correct. Stand holds 3000 with 2150 of that in the upper tier, as you can see pretty much full. We'll almost certainly have more fans across the two games - isn't this when you usually trot out the line that this is because you 'don't care' and it's 'not a derby'?

20221103_102726.thumb.jpg.2dd6b786c396d1c0bb5d0484a0b55412.jpg

Maybe this is why you struggle to sell as many tickets?

D5D0D7DC-FC59-44ED-B976-D04C2B9C8B13.jpeg

1 hour ago, Grant228 said:

Stand holds 3300 I think, certainly holds a wee bit more than 3000 I'm sure. 

It looked about 1800 ish, maybe. Understable you'd use that photo because the quality is a bit glum. 

20220917_150859.thumb.jpg.f19182a5af8ae88fae2894e5cd6e4ed1.jpg

But the end sections got emptier. 

That number I got from Pars database, (they have main stand 3089, behind each goal 3016, NE 1205 & NW 1189) which I assumed was accurate and gives 11.5k. I've seen that capacity quoted a lot since the lower seating in the main stand was all converted to hospitality boxes so those figures per stand would make sense - though they might be wrong? Didnt realise there was a better photo, tbf there arent a lot of gaps and the section on the far left is pretty overcrowded. I'd still say closer to 2k than 1800 but I guess we'll never know 

Edited by NavyBlueArmy1876

10 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

The away end holds slightly more at EEP due to the tunnel. 

Also, we've won our last 3 visits to Falkirk scoring 8 times in those, we're clearly the better team.

Even with the "Home Advantage" of your 50 or so fans cheering you on, you couldn't beat a transitioning, recovering Falkirk side at EEP in September.

Now we're a bit further down the road, and you're coming to get a skelping.

11 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

Even with the "Home Advantage" of your 50 or so fans cheering you on, you couldn't beat a transitioning, recovering Falkirk side at EEP in September.

I'll skelp you ya phud!

7 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

😂 heads gone 2 days before the game.

Reading through this thread, our 3 stand leasing petrochemical fuelled friends seem awfully excited and and bullish about this game.  All that nervous energy might get to their players and they won’t live up to the pressure.  Of course McGlynns been here before in similar situations versus the Pars, never seems to end well for him.  Has a habit of choking when it gets to the big occasion.  Falkirk REALLY need to win, while we can afford a draw.  What’s the odds on a 0-0…? 😉

41 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

The away end holds slightly more at EEP due to the tunnel. 

Also, we've won our last 3 visits to Falkirk scoring 8 times in those, we're clearly the better team.

Beating that Hartley/McKinnon team doesn’t count imo. 

All the pressure is on Falkirk for this game. Potentially a sell-out home crowd against your biggest rivals, a chance to close the gap and make a real statement on the campaign. Not forgetting that Falkirk are currently the form team in the division, (same form points as us hoofballers) but apparently playing nice football. Rumour has it we're just turning up for a thumping, anything less than three points is a disaster surely?

All the pressure is on Falkirk for this game. Potentially a sell-out home crowd against your biggest rivals, a chance to close the gap and make a real statement on the campaign. Not forgetting that Falkirk are currently the form team in the division, (same form points as us hoofballers) but apparently playing nice football. Rumour has it we're just turning up for a thumping, anything less than three points is a disaster surely?
You realise no one is actually being serious when talking about one sided thumpings..... yes?

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:
4 minutes ago, The Toun Clock said:

You realise no one is actually being serious when talking about one sided thumpings..... yes?

Speak for yourself. If we score less than 7 before half time, I will be seething.

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
5 minutes ago, The Toun Clock said:

Didn't actually expect anyone to bite but I hope you enjoyed your lunch.

Tbf I sort of agree there is real pressure on us to win this one 

20221103_133247.thumb.jpg.61c42225d99b9bd4c9c5c9b808234c01.jpg

Dunfermline aren't dropping many points so catching them at a rate of 1 every 10 games isn't going to win us the league. Obviously those 2 losses to Kelty were absolute sickeners but I wouldn't trust us not to do it again. Saturday is a massive chance to make a statement (not a question) and finally build some proper momentum 

On 01/11/2022 at 15:07, Andy Dufresne said:

I am actually making the game as i insisted my wife had a weekend away at the caravan with her pal.

“her pal”, eh? Not gonna see Andy sitting in Polo, outside a caravan park that night, with a Bell’s and a .38 are we?

4 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Tbf I sort of agree there is real pressure on us to win this one 

20221103_133247.thumb.jpg.61c42225d99b9bd4c9c5c9b808234c01.jpg

Dunfermline aren't dropping many points so catching them at a rate of 1 every 10 games isn't going to win us the league. Obviously those 2 losses to Kelty were absolute sickeners but I wouldn't trust us not to do it again. Saturday is a massive chance to make a statement (not a question) and finally build some proper momentum 

Clyde don't come out of that table terribly well.