Dumbarton vs Stenhousemuir

Outcome?  

25 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

5 hours ago, pleslie99 said:

I was at the stadium earlier and having seen the pitch I'd say it has a much better chance if going ahead now than it did 2 days ago. I am quietly optimistic.

I was there all day today making lots of noise and mess behind the scenes.

Rained much of yesterday. Raining again right now. Snow won't be an issue, but I wouldn't have thought that it would have thawed enough yesterday and overnight. We were still getting -9 on Wednesday and -6 on Thursday. If it does go ahead then fair enough, but next Saturday is a far more important game for us. Wouldn't be that bothered if this one fails the inspection. Need a lot of work on the pitch if today does go ahead to make sure that next week its in as good condition as possible.

4 hours ago, BallochSonsFan said:

Rained much of yesterday. Raining again right now. Snow won't be an issue, but I wouldn't have thought that it would have thawed enough yesterday and overnight. We were still getting -9 on Wednesday and -6 on Thursday. If it does go ahead then fair enough, but next Saturday is a far more important game for us. Wouldn't be that bothered if this one fails the inspection. Need a lot of work on the pitch if today does go ahead to make sure that next week its in as good condition as possible.

Correct. If a game is going to be postponed it's better that it's only stenhousemuir. East Fife is the much bigger fixture.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

While Dumbarton have been playing poorly at the moment, so too have Stenhousemuir - the only difference is we've somehow won our last two matches. We were miles off it against Albion Rovers last weekend until some inventive half-time substitutes, and truly appalling against Bonnyrigg Rose Athletic on Saturday, so I'm approaching tomorrow's encounter with a degree of trepidation. Given the state of Dumbarton's pitch, I'm expecting another 90 minutes of brutal football, but I do think we have a chance.

I think we'll make a couple of tweaks to Saturday's XI:

- Gavin Reilly -

- Euan O'Reilly - Matty Yates - Adam Brown -

- Nat Wedderburn - Mikey Miller -

- Callum Yeats - Sean Crighton - Nicky Jamieson - Adam Corbett -

- Curtis Lyle -

Let's go for it! A win for the Warriors would be enormous.

I think this will be my first time at a home midweek match with the lights on at the start for three years. There's something about a midweek game in the dark that I love. They're also starting a floodlight trial on the Rock tomorrow so that might be good too.

God only knows how the football will be.