Thistle v Ayr United 17/12/22

4 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

We have been poor in both of those games, but at the same time I don’t think we are a side that particularly impresses as we don’t control games whatsoever -which is obviously unexpected for a side top of the league. We are hard to work out as a side at times, but so far it has been very effective. 

Our back four today was of a league one standard though. 

Yep, we’ve been saying all season that we don’t use the ball well enough, but you can’t argue with where we are in the league.  I think we just ran out of road today with injuries.  Most teams in the division will suffer at some point, so we just need to try and hold things together as best we can.  A wee cold snap and a few postponements wouldn’t be the worst thing!

You'll get away with it for a game or two, but having 3 of your first choice back 4 missing and playing an inexperienced left back at right back as well as a right back at centre half against teams like Partick is a recipe for disaster.

I like Finn but he was absolutely annihilated time after time after time (must've been close to double figures in total) which led or massively contributed to, from memory, at least 2 of the goals, and yet Bullen doesn't think to change it until we are getting beat. There might as well have been a spotlight shining on him. I get that we have next to nothing on the bench in terms of defence but shuffle the line up and get it sorted. 

We deserved absolutely nothing from that game. We've been getting results from a lot of games while not playing that great which you often felt would catch up with us and it has.

Honestly fear the worst on Friday if we haven't got Musonda and Houston back. Dundee will eat us alive.

Edited by Calayrdonia

Real blood and snotters cup tie feeling about the game today with both teams having something to prove .Impressed with some of our passing play and resilience in crafting a win.Milne is a different class ( we’ll be lucky to hang on to him)and thought Fitzpatrick ,Lawless and Turner not far behind . With Tiff,Holt and Doc hopefully back playing soon who knows what’s in store for us .

Also a big round of applause for the ground staff(and USH) in getting this game played ,couldn’t handle a snarl up of mid week replays again .

2 hours ago, Sting777 said:

Terrific game. Ayr scored two worldies but offered little else. Thought we played really well and with big Holty back on the bench we are beginning to get all our important players back, just at the right time!! 5 points behind Ayr and plenty to play for in 2023 but that can be said for 4/5 other sides as well.

Although Docherty mysteriously missing again and still no sign of Tiff. However, if Fitzpatrick keeps playing like today, that’s not so worrying.

14 minutes ago, jagsfan57 said:

Although Docherty mysteriously missing again and still no sign of Tiff. However, if Fitzpatrick keeps playing like today, that’s not so worrying.

I have my doubts about Tiff returning at all this season and he is in the last 6 months of his contract, though McCall did say something about him getting an injection and being back in next 3/4 weeks! Need to enjoy Harry Milne while he is here. The boy has a terrific career ahead of him!!

Edited by Sting777

Didn't deserve anything from the game today.

Performances have been mediocre for a while now and one of them was going to catch up on us being a defeat, asides from two goals of the season you wouldn't have complained if we'd lost that 3-0 today.

Ref was absolutely diabolical however, the one near the end where it hit Brownlie's arm and went out for a throw for the ref to give Partick the throw was the best of the lot, McMillan was even laughing when he picked the ball up for the throw. Scary to think he's a Fifa grade ref....

On 05/12/2022 at 19:03, Hursty said:

Canny wait for this, booked in to the hospitality for it.   Really enjoyed the last meeting, especially with the "both to score in both halves" bet sailing home.  Wouldn't be shocked to see the same again tbh with hopefully an away win this time.

And again.   Sadly another home win. 

Edit - Hospo staff in the Chairmans room or whatever it was were excellent, our pal whos 40th it was got out to the crossbar challenge and got introduced as an Ayr fan despite being as Aberdeen as they come.

Ian McCall came in for a chat at half 2,  Room full of mostly Ayr and Killie fans, he doesnt have to do that.  Claimed not one Ayr player would get in his Partick side except maybe Andy Murdoch as a sub.  Was hoping the result would prove him wrong 🤣

Screenshot_20221217_201718_bet365.jpg

Edited by Hursty

46 minutes ago, Sting777 said:

I have my doubts about Tiff returning at all this season and he is in the last 6 months of his contract, though McCall did say something about him getting an injection and being back in next 3/4 weeks! Need to enjoy Harry Milne while he is here. The boy has a terrific career ahead of him!!

When did mccall say this? 

Morton v QP frozen off so went along today. Really entertaining watch, but apart from two sublime goals out of nothing for Ayr, I thought they offered very little. Perhaps a re-arranged defence, but we've all had to cope with that throughout the season, and it was the the midfield that conceded much of the possession.

Even on a quiet day though Dipo is class. He doesn't waste energy does he? 

Thistle played some nice football and created plenty chances. Harry Milne again the standout, and a nice finish from Lawless too.