Raith vs Arbroath, 17/12/22

4 minutes ago, baillieinleeds said:

Arbroath have been way better than us. If the Smokies don’t win this then they deserve to be at the bottom. We again have been poor. 

Both sides have had 1 shot.  I'm struggling to see how either side could claim to be "way better" at this stage.

Edited by CALDERON

2 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Two awful sides on show today.  Utterly grim.

Not sold on that, as we’ve seen nice play breaking down the right side, and some decent chances. However, the Smokies are seeing some openings down the opposite side too. Looked like the defenders switched off on the goal from the kick, otherwise McNeil wasn’t bothered.

The more I see Gullan, the more I'm convinced he's one of these guys who'll just slowly drop down the leagues every couple of seasons until he basically disappears. 

He's got the physicality to play as a number 9, but he's just not got the football brain for it. It seems harsh seeing as I suppose he forced the goal, but that was definitely a Little error. I really want to like Gullan, like the rest of the guys (other than Vaughan) we've tried up front over the last couple of seasons, he's full of endeavour and intention and effort, but he doesn't make the right runs and doesn't take up the right positions. 

Did he touch the ball inside the box in that half? We're at home against, with respect, one of the poorer teams in the league. If our number 9 can't get into goalscoring chances in this game, when will he? 

There are definitely fingers to be pointed at some of his teammates for not adapting to his game, but you're not telling me that other number nines in this league would get through 45 minutes in front of our midfield without getting a proper shot away. 

Edited by Against The Machine

1 minute ago, CALDERON said:

Both sides have had 1 shot.  I'm struggling to see how either side could claim to be "way better" at this stage.

They look way more likely than we do. Is that better. They’ve also had more of the ball too. 

1 minute ago, Against The Machine said:

The more I see Gullan, the more I'm convinced he's one of these guys who'll just slowly drop down the leagues every couple of seasons until he basically disappears. 

He's got the physicality to play as a number 9, but he's just not got the football brain for it. It seems harsh seeing as I suppose he forced the goal, but that was definitely a Little error. I really want to like Gullan, like the rest of the guys (other than Vaughan) we've tried up front over the last couple of seasons, he's full of endeavour and intention and effort, but he doesn't make the right runs and doesn't take up the right positions. 

Did he touch the ball inside the box in that half? We're at home against, with respect, one of the poorer teams in the league. If our number 9 can't get into goalscoring chances in this game, when will he? 

There are definitely fingers to be pointed at some of his teammates for not adapting to his game, but you're not telling me that other number nines in this would get through 45 minutes in front of our midfield without getting a proper shot away. 

Yes and no. Can't disagree he's not exactly lethal, or a lot of  trouble for defenders, but he's had very little meaningful service. Everything we've done has come down the right and Arbroath know it. Too predictable. No creativity. No threat.

1 minute ago, CALDERON said:

They don't.  Neither side have  looked even remotely threatening other than the goals.

There’s always the second half. The Drone might try to convince the team to actually win a league match