Raith vs Arbroath, 17/12/22

1 minute ago, baillieinleeds said:

We are the most boring team in the league. We have absolutely nothing moving forward. The “manager”🤣🤣is totally inept with any kind of idea to win a match. Tell me I’m wrong.

You are not wrong.  I was in favour of IM but not now, our recruitment has been nothing short of terrible. Why sign Frederiksen if he isn't good enough, Connell, McBride waste of wages.  We bring in Colin Cameron where an experienced head would have been better to assist on and off the park.

IM has failed to address the issues that we all could see, far too many like players, Ross, Easton, Gullan, McBride, Connell who he has failed to develop. This was always going to be a relegation season especially with the budget and certain players signed.

1 minute ago, baillieinleeds said:

We are the most boring team in the league. We have absolutely nothing moving forward. The “manager”🤣🤣is totally inept with any kind of idea to win a match. Tell me I’m wrong.

You are wrong. We aren’t “boring”, in that we produce a relatively attractive game of passing about and attacking the flanks, but then we fall absolutely flat with no finishing or threat in the box. This is a rebuilding year, but it’s a disappointingly tame one.

-We’re tied for fifth in goals allowed (ironically, with Arbroath)

-We’re seventh in goals scored

-We’re sixth in wins

-We’re tenth in draws

-We’re ninth in loses (right behind Arbroath)

Historically, we on track to finish between sixth and eighth, safe from relegation, but just muddling along. That equates to around £200,000 to £225,000 in prize money, while getting up to the playoff spots would bring closer to double that, if not more. We need that damn Challenge Cup prize money now lads!

Hang on guys, raith1974 isn't happy with how things are going. Has someone alerted the media? 

Spoiler

No but seriously, my immediate reaction is that that's the worst game I've seen in years. We created more chances in one five second spell in injury time than in the rest of the entire game. Arbroath had two chances, scored one and should've scored the other. Luckily, they also scored one for us, which looked like our only route to goal. Two absolutely abysmal teams just making stupid mistakes over and over again for 90 minutes.

The SPFL should be taking a point away from both sides for that, not awarding one. 

Edited by Against The Machine

1 minute ago, raith1974 said:

You are not wrong.  I was in favour of IM but not now, our recruitment has been nothing short of terrible. Why sign Frederiksen if he isn't good enough, Connell, McBride waste of wages.  We bring in Colin Cameron where an experienced head would have been better to assist on and off the park.

IM has failed to address the issues that we all could see, far too many like players, Ross, Easton, Gullan, McBride, Connell who he has failed to develop. This was always going to be a relegation season especially with the budget and certain players signed.

I just can’t see where we go from here. I had high hopes for Murrray, I seriously thought he’d learned from his past failures. But here we are. Lacklustre, boring and absolutely abject going forward. That’s relegation if I’m honest and I’m not the only one saying it. January is going to be make or break

On the other hand, all the Murray out crap is stupid and pointless. Murray has a two year deal and isn’t going anywhere until it’s over. We’re in financial handcuffs, we won’t pay to punt him, and it’s stupid to punt a manager without him having a fair go at it. We’re middle of the table, and I doubt Sim and the BoD are truly upset about that. Yes, it would be nice to be higher up, but this season was compromised from the get go by “the situation”.

Going for Little John was a rational decision, since we are playing with Snookie and friends as forwards, so adding some height is attractive. I’m sure IM didn’t expect the drawn out process it took to bring him in. The lad has had very little playing time for months, and needs to get up to speed, so we are too quick to call him a bust. Connell has been important in our early scoring by being the worker bee, not the scorer. Brown, Nolan, O’Riordan and Millen are all complete wins…and McNeil looks like our starting keeper for next year. Easton has been hot (early) and is now cold, Ngwenya has been more hot than cold. Overall, that’s pretty a decent success rate.

5 minutes ago, TxRover said:

You are wrong. We aren’t “boring”, in that we produce a relatively attractive game of passing about and attacking the flanks, but then we fall absolutely flat with no finishing or threat in the box. This is a rebuilding year, but it’s a disappointingly tame one.

-We’re tied for fifth in goals allowed (ironically, with Arbroath)

-We’re seventh in goals scored

-We’re sixth in wins

-We’re tenth in draws

-We’re ninth in loses (right behind Arbroath)

Historically, we on track to finish between sixth and eighth, safe from relegation, but just muddling along. That equates to around £200,000 to £225,000 in prize money, while getting up to the playoff spots would bring closer to double that, if not more. We need that damn Challenge Cup prize money now lads!

We’ll be no where near the play off spots for promotion😆😆That absolute shit show I just watched should have football banned in Kirkcaldy. We are boring, and the Drones tactics prove it. 

In the buildup to this match and the posts during this game it’s incredible how Raith Rovers are experiencing pretty much what we have been all season, I know what Arbroath & Raith are capable of and we have had some epic battles for years now slugging it out for league titles 🏆🥇 but today wasn’t the best of us both, It’s sad how this season has seen us both going down the wrong end of the table.

Most fans didn’t even want the game on but I am delighted with a point and it could just as easy have been 3 if we had our shooting boots on and if the Raith keeper didn’t make some worldies.

Highlights for me was Hammy scoring again at Starks Park 🤣🤣🤣 Scotty Stewart back in action for us 🇱🇻🔥💪 and Lewis Vaughan back for you guys after all the heartache he has had, Superb player

Merry Xmas to all the Rovers out there and all the best for the rest of the season 🎄❄️🎅🏻☃️

Would rather have just put big John on and lumped balls to him rather than that turgid disgrace of a second half. 

We’re so powderpuff and simply don’t create the volume of chances needed to win games.

For me our season now hinges on simply staying above Hamilton, Abroath and Cove. 

Fans starting to turn on Murray, lots of negative shouts coming from the south stand. Some of it appearing justified as he’s shown zero ability to change a match. Never coming back from 1 nil down tells you that. 

2 minutes ago, RR #1 said:

That was fucking awful. We definitely seem to be going in the wrong direction. 

Murray out. 

Didn't see the game as I'm not home until Wednesday, but I followed the updates, which made for uninspiring listening.

Stat's wise according to the BBC we managed 3 shots at goal (same as Arbroath), 2 on target (to their 3) and had 4 corners (to their 5). We shaded possession by 52-48%, which is incredible as with 80 mins gone Arbroath had 58% of the play.

Murray talks a good talk, "No team will out-work us" etc but he can't walk the walk, as for getting rid, I'd disagree at present as there really is no point. He's far from being much good and looking more and more out of his depth, but who out there is:

A. available,

B. Affordable 

C. (most crucially) Any better than what we already have in Murray?

In the last 12 months the board of directors have really turned this club around. Which is a shame considering the upwards momentum we enjoyed for the 2 years leading virtually up to last New year.

I think it's not just Ian M who's clueless.

16 minutes ago, Against The Machine said:

Hang on guys, raith1974 isn't happy with how things are going. Has someone alerted the media? 

Hide contents

No but seriously, my immediate reaction is that that's the worst game I've seen in years. We created more chances in one five second spell in injury time than in the rest of the entire game. Arbroath had two chances, scored one and should've scored the other. Luckily, they also scored one for us, which looked like our only route to goal. Two absolutely abysmal teams just making stupid mistakes over and over again for 90 minutes.

The SPFL should be taking a point away from both sides for that, not awarding one. 

Hang on Against the machine still can't get over a signing from almost 12 months ago and include Raith into his name.

Some of our "supporters" are an embarrassment. Millen fluffs one cross and there's a chorus of boos from the back. These idiots never saw or forgot abiut his cross for our goal. The same idiots booing in last 10 when we were out of ideas and booing again at the final whistle. What's wrong with these people? Do we have the worst supporters in the league? No, I didn't enjoy it either, but hands up if you think booing your own team at home helps them play better.

Fuds.