Raith vs Arbroath, 17/12/22

Even if we did want to sign Poplatnik, presumably we'd have to go through the whole rigmarole of work permits etc like we did for Frederiksen? So even setting aside arguments over budget and over the value he'd add, I can't imagine he'd be available for us any time soon.

2 minutes ago, Kuma Power said:

Even if we did want to sign Poplatnik, presumably we'd have to go through the whole rigmarole of work permits etc like we did for Frederiksen? So even setting aside arguments over budget and over the value he'd add, I can't imagine he'd be available for us any time soon.

Bugger i forgot about all that. We should’ve just signed Poplatnik and forgot about Fredricksen. 3 seasons in a row we’ve signed “players” that can’t actually play. 

Just now, Against The Machine said:

Not a fan of taking off Spencer ahead of Stanton, but then asking Stanton to do Spencer's job for him. 

In a more global sense, something has to change in January. We're awful to watch. Even when we're winning, we look so brittle. 

Was Matthews perhaps more important than Spencer after all?

3 minutes ago, Against The Machine said:

Not a fan of taking off Spencer ahead of Stanton, but then asking Stanton to do Spencer's job for him. 

In a more global sense, something has to change in January. We're awful to watch. Even when we're winning, we look so brittle. 

Who would you like to see come to the club, and does Murray😆 have the capacity to make a marquee signing? 

Edited by baillieinleeds

Just now, TxRover said:

Was Matthews perhaps more important than Spencer after all?

No, I don't think so. Brown takes Matthews' place perfectly adequately. It's the combination of Spencer and Brown (or Matthews) that we missed so badly. 

We need both for a sense of control both with and without the ball. Spencer goes off and we cede the midfield, every time. 

1 minute ago, Against The Machine said:

No, I don't think so. Brown takes Matthews' place perfectly adequately. It's the combination of Spencer and Brown (or Matthews) that we missed so badly. 

We need both for a sense of control both with and without the ball. Spencer goes off and we cede the midfield, every time. 

Not sold, Browns dimension is different than Matthews. Spencer and Matthews were more flowing than Brown and Spencer are, and I think Browns inherent very defensive mindset plays against us often on the transition, where Matthews and Spencer had an understanding. With Brown and Spencer we are decent defending, but the forward outlet seems absent. With Spencer and Matthews, we can have Stanton or Easton playing a true AM, with Brown and Spencer, we see either of those dropping deeper to collect the ball.

3 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

Mair likely to sign a tent than a marquee

I can’ believe we’ve sunk so low again eh! Will the powers that be learn anything. The consistent shooting ourselves in the foot bullshit has to stop at some point. 

25 minutes ago, baillieinleeds said:

We have the most lacklustre manager ever. A Drone of a man. Relegation looms if he doesn’t pull the fucking finger out. 

6 minutes ago, baillieinleeds said:

I can’ believe we’ve sunk so low again eh! Will the powers that be learn anything. The consistent shooting ourselves in the foot bullshit has to stop at some point. 

2 minutes ago, baillieinleeds said:

This is a relegation season. Hardly a transition season. We have a mindless drone for a manager. 

Someone needs their meds adjusted.

6 minutes ago, Against The Machine said:

I really fear for Arbroath. They might well still win this, but they won't come up against another side playing as badly as this all season, and they've created next to nothing. 

Sub our name in for Arbroath there and it reads the same.