Raith vs Arbroath, 17/12/22

36 minutes ago, Been going too long said:

Better than what we currently have but don’t worry Kyle connell is a free agent in January 👍🏻

Connell hasn't even reached the dizzy heights of being bang average, McBride has been superglued to the bench and Frederickson probably the least said the better, 3 players whose combined wages have to be a real drain on the clubs finances and that's before you look at McGlynns costly bang average Gullan and Ross

8 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

Connell hasn't even reached the dizzy heights of being bang average, McBride has been superglued to the bench and Frederickson probably the least said the better, 3 players whose combined wages have to be a real drain on the clubs finances and that's before you look at McGlynns costly bang average Gullan and Ross

Absolutely agree 

1 hour ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

Spot on.

4 hours ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

3 hours ago, Been going too long said:

Absolutely agree 

2 hours ago, raith1974 said:

Spot on.

Eh, now let’s wait a minute.

Connell has been pretty important in providing effort up front and involved in a number of goals, if not scoring them himself. Does that mean we should sign him in January, I think we probably should.

McBride, seems a passenger, but we haven’t seen him, much like Mahady and (nearly) Coulson. That doesn’t explain why we haven’t seen them,and IM hasn’t give anyone a rundown on why these three are rooted to the bench and not on loan.

Frederiksen is a (somewhat) special case, as he had practically no preseason play/conditioning and only really was able to join the team around two months ago. That’s not much time to get back to fitness and playing condition after a layoff, and especially with out expectations…some of which IM built up. I’d like IM to address why he isn’t playing, much as it wou” be nice to hear about the other three above, but that’s not going to happen. He’s played at the international level, even if it was for a minnow, so there is some ability there, we just haven’t seen it or it’s gone.

Gullan has scored some and shows some potential, and Ross, well, our play stalled yesterday after he went off. As someone noted, he is better in a central rather than a wide role.

Edited by TxRover

3 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Connell has been pretty important in providing effort up front and involved in a number of goals, if not scoring them himself. Does that mean we should sign him in January, I think we probably should.

McBride, seems a passenger, but we haven’t seen him, much like Mahady and (nearly) Coulson. That doesn’t explain why we haven’t seen them,and IM hasn’t give anyone a rundown on why these three are rooted to the bench and not on loan.

Frederiksen is a (somewhat) special case, as he had practically no preseason play/conditioning and only really was able to join the team around two months ago. That’s not much time to get back to fitness and playing condition after a layoff, and especially with out expectations…some of which IM built up. I’d like IM to address why he isn’t playing, much as it wou” be nice to hear about the other three above, but that’s not going to happen. He’s played at the international level, even if it was for a minnow, so there is some ability there, we just haven’t seen it or it’s gone.

Gullan has scored some and shows some potential, and Ross, well, our play stalled yesterday after he went off. As someone noted, he is better in a central rather than a wide role.

I don’t think Murray wants to come out and say they are 💩 to Raith tv but if they had showed anything he would definitely have gave them more of a chance by now, John isn’t even getting last 10 minutes to launch balls to or utilise connell’s long throw, that is telling, no matter how you dress it up Tx, incidentally do you have any rich relatives wanting to invest?🤔 jr ewing🤔 aye I’m that old 

1 minute ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Connell is useless. Apart from his long throw he offers nothing at all. 

Murray will sign him if he can though, because he's an idiot. 

You’ve had more flip flops than Marbella this season, you’ll forgive us for not taking anything you say seriously. 

43 minutes ago, TxRover said:

You can produce the effort till the cows come home Tx, but as often as not theres no end product, Fred knew he was being signed and had 2+ months to get himself fit before arriving and another few months training with the team so he should've been fit and up to speed instead of looking like a rabbit caught in the headlights everytime hes come on, we now have a good idea why he was a free agent in the first instance. Our young players are not getting a chance 

2 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

His assists say otherwise, but you are entitled to your viewpoint.

12 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

It’s good to have a long throw expert on the team. We just need a forward who can take advantage.

I quite like Connell. Probably helps that I’ve only see us in home games, and we’ve won the majority of them (W6 D0 L2 is my viewing pleasure), and he scored in two of those games.

I recall the likes of Nisbet who was chronic before he came to us and Wighton who was chronic with us but then went on to have a decent enough career. Hopefully Connell can get among the goals.

3 hours ago, CALDERON said:

Connell isn't good enough for this level, so far anyway.  I'd be dissapointed if he's the best option available to us, regardless of how tough a market this is.

I would rather we bring Mitchell back from his loan and use him than keep Connell.  I hope Murray isn't like McGlynn with sticking by his favourites no matter the cost.

The Raith discussions on striker options are identical to our striker woes.  I think over half the league is desperate to unearth a striker.  I've been wondering if they even exist right now though.  There seems to be a shortage of prolific goalscoring forwards, extending from the premier league right down to league 2.  

There just don't seem to be many young strikers in the Scottish game right now.

47 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

The Raith discussions on striker options are identical to our striker woes.  I think over half the league is desperate to unearth a striker.  I've been wondering if they even exist right now though.  There seems to be a shortage of prolific goalscoring forwards, extending from the premier league right down to league 2.  

We’ve all had this exact discussion on our thread. We’ve gambled on a complete unknown in big John which hasn’t worked and are now back at square one. Strikers which are going to make a difference to a championship team which are in anyone’s budget are like hens teeth. 

1 hour ago, ExiledLichtie said:

Exactly and this is why I can’t understand why some of our support seem to think everything’s going to be fine and that we’re going to be signing 1 or 2 goal scorers in the next few weeks.

I genuinely don’t believe these guys exist and if they do, why would they come to us over the other Championship sides looking for the same? We might get lucky and get another Jack Hamilton…. Or even get the “actual” Jack Hamilton but I’m sceptical.

I’m now beginning to think that Kane Hester would be worth a punt even with his history with us, limitations and off-field issues.

A striker would’ve made little to no difference on Saturday there. Gullan, Vaughan and Connell all took a turn and none of them touched the ball. 

We are currently playing pretty much exactly the same way we played for the second half of last season, with almost the same players. Incredibly given we won 2 in 20 last season, we didn’t win on Saturday either. Who’d have thought it? 

Under McGlynn we brought young players in Bowie n Tait got us a few bob others have been sent out on loan some of whom at least deserve a chance before they're most likely let go at the end of this season when their contracts are up, there's no others at this point coming in as modern apprentices, in my time we've always been a selling club but that seems a long way off now from here on in if there are no young lads being encouraged at grass roots level, the womens game seem to  be doing alright in that direction 

32 minutes ago, Tattie36 said:

Exactly and this is why I can’t understand why some of our support seem to think everything’s going to be fine and that we’re going to be signing 1 or 2 goal scorers in the next few weeks.

I genuinely don’t believe these guys exist and if they do, why would they come to us over the other Championship sides looking for the same? We might get lucky and get another Jack Hamilton…. Or even get the “actual” Jack Hamilton but I’m sceptical.

I’m now beginning to think that Kane Hester would be worth a punt even with his history with us, limitations and off-field issues.

Exactly!  All these teams are desperate for a striker, even mediocre goal scorers will be able to name their price at these full time clubs.  Unless we have agreed a contract with Ronaldo, we are doomed.  And even if we agreed a contract with Ronaldo, our fans would complain because he's not a proven Scottish striker and is probably Nouble's mate. 

We. Are. Doomed.

20 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

Exactly!  All these teams are desperate for a striker, even mediocre goal scorers will be able to name their price at these full time clubs.  Unless we have agreed a contract with Ronaldo, we are doomed.  And even if we agreed a contract with Ronaldo, our fans would complain because he's not a proven Scottish striker and is probably Nouble's mate. 

We. Are. Doomed.

Not sure we’re doomed quite yet. We need a win very very soon though and some big changes - in personnel and approach within the next few weeks. Still think the best we’ll do is to scape 9th place and we’re historically pretty terrible in play offs. Hope I’m wrong.

2 hours ago, ExiledLichtie said:

Unless we have agreed a contract with Ronaldo, we are doomed.  And even if we agreed a contract with Ronaldo, our fans would complain because he's not a proven Scottish striker and is probably Nouble's mate. 

Please have a day off of this kind of stuff