The Pie and Bovril Dead Pool 2023

Probably won't make any British obituary but the very controversial American basketball coach Bob Knight just died. While coaching at Indiana he had his own TV show and after a lot of bad blood with rivals Purdue he invited the Purdue athletic director to the show. He declined so instead they invited someone with similar views.  Worth a watch.

58 minutes ago, BillyAnchor said:

Probably won't make any British obituary but the very controversial American basketball coach Bob Knight just died. While coaching at Indiana he had his own TV show and after a lot of bad blood with rivals Purdue he invited the Purdue athletic director to the show. He declined so instead they invited someone with similar views.  Worth a watch.

Don't bet on that.........................

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2023/nov/01/bob-knight-basketball-coach-dead-indiana-hoosiers

20 hours ago, chomp my root said:

But I bet you eat Monster Munch and the subtle complexities of  'Allo All!' fly over your head. 🤣

Only the beef ones and not since I got covid the first time. I've also become a curry whimp.

Allo Alli was beyond a teenage me tbf. 

Edited by Tony Ferrino

3 hours ago, throbber said:

Is Miguel sitting on Mathew Perry points because the cause of death hasn’t been confirmed yet? I read somewhere it might take months but that may have been click bait.

https://forum.pieandbovril.com/topic/286510-the-pie-and-bovril-dead-pool-2023/?do=findComment&comment=16146301

8 minutes ago, throbber said:

I read that it could take weeks for a more in depth toxicology report. They have ruled out a few drugs but surely it’s not difficult to determine if he drowned or not?

I'm sure if you wrote in and explained they'd give you a heads up of the official outcome.

Just now, alta-pete said:

I suspect that as long as cause of death is confirmed prior to December 31 it won't have any sort of material bearing on either the competition result or players' strategy. Do try and calm your enthusiasm @throbber !

I don’t think I’ll win regardless unless there are a couple of outrageous ones coming my way.