The Pie and Bovril Dead Pool 2023

I remember Runrig recording at the old cinema in Kinghorn in the 80's

There was a Mobile recording studio parked outside and one of the band managed to drive their BMW between the lorry and the front entrance and 'park' it down the steps.

https://goo.gl/maps/LfLiEuh39Gn52maB6

19 minutes ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

I remember Runrig recording at the old cinema in Kinghorn in the 80's

There was a Mobile recording studio parked outside and one of the band managed to drive their BMW between the lorry and the front entrance and 'park' it down the steps.

https://goo.gl/maps/LfLiEuh39Gn52maB6

If we're going with tenuous old Runrig links from the 80's, I had a Saturday job in Menzies and there was a woman who used to come in and obviously thought I was a richt enough laddie and was trying to set me up with her daughter, it was a bit awkward all round but she kept making a point of her son being the drummer in a band. I'd never heard of them but it was Depeche Mode. Nah... it was Runrig. I could have been nearly sort of famous if I'd got with that lassie... hey ho. 

I mind when Munroe came into my shop for something and my old maw was like a love struck teenager. Also mind standing behind him in the business banking section of the RBS and he was handing over a big wad of cheques, probably royalty payments.

1 hour ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

Genuinely thought it was still Donnie Munro at the wheel.

Just read he left in 1997 😬

Donnie Munro's last concert was at Stirling Castle. I was there. It was the night Diana died so I have an alibi for that one...

Met Donnie Munro once. In the lavvies of the Edinburgh Playhouse at a Lou Reed gig. Shared a brief chat about Runrig’s undoubted career high point - their 50k or so outdoor Loch Lomond gig, which I was at. Seemed a decent sort.

RIP Bruce Guthro. 62. I’m, erm, 62 too. Makes you feckin’ think, it really does.

4 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

One of the Qs at the pub quiz tonight was "how many former POTUS are still alive?"

Carter is immortal.

Up to 1994 you had Nixon, Ford, Carter, Reagan, George HW Bush = 5

Up to 2004 you had Ford, Carter, Reagan, George HW Bush and Clinton= 5

Spoiler

It's 5 at the moment too...Carter, Clinton, GW Bush, Obama and yon fella with the daft hair

Ex-Prime Ministers number 7- Major, Blair, Brown, Cameron, May, Johnson and Truss...worst Trumpton Fire Brigade ever

4 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

Up to 1994 you had Nixon, Ford, Carter, Reagan, George HW Bush = 5

Up to 2004 you had Ford, Carter, Reagan, George HW Bush and Clinton= 5

Reveal hidden contents

It's 5 at the moment too...Carter, Clinton, GW Bush, Obama and yon fella with the daft hair

Ex-Prime Ministers number 7- Major, Blair, Brown, Cameron, May, Johnson and Truss...worst Trumpton Fire Brigade ever

I’d award two greenies for that ‘Trumpton’ line if I could… nearly spat my tea across the living room there. 😀

Scottish actor John Cairney has died aged 93 

Best known for his portrayal of Robert Burns on stage and screen and the 1970s political drama Scotch On The Rocks

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-66739513

EDIT: a Solo hit for @The DA

Edited by JustOneCornetto

50 minutes ago, JustOneCornetto said:

Best known for his portrayal of Robert Burns on stage and screen and the 1970s political drama Scotch On The Rocks

Our Man Craig?

34 minutes ago, Bold Rover said:

Our Man Craig?

Aye, forgot about that series, think it was called This Man Craig with Cairney playing science teacher Ian Craig. Just read that only 2 episodes have survived with the other 50 being lost. Must admit I didn't think he was 93 would have guessed about 84

2 hours ago, JustOneCornetto said:

Part written by Douglas Hurd the synopsis of Scotch on the Rocks is given as follows (my phone's camera is a bit knacked)

IMG_20230907_174216414.thumb.jpg.a86e56c85364e845f3d5639941dc672c.jpg

The series was broadcast at a time the SNP were doing well and apparently was controversial although years later Alex Salmond told Hurd it was his favourite thriller