The Pie and Bovril Dead Pool 2023

As there's been some interest in my team here it is so you can admire its genius/idiocy without having to go looking for it.

Frank Field politics

Frank Field heimlich manoeuvre 

John Gorman entertainer 

John Gorman football

Don McLean music

Don MacLean entertainer

Randy Jackson music

Randy Jackson music

Mick Jones music

Mick Jones music

Roger Taylor music

Roger Taylor music

Tommy Lee music

Tommy Lee Jones actor

Tom Jones music

I've basically already conceded any chance of winning, but I'm hopeful of avoiding finishing pointless.

24 minutes ago, Curmudgeon said:

As there's been some interest in my team here it is so you can admire its genius/idiocy without having to go looking for it.

Frank Field politics

John Gorman entertainer 

John Gorman football

Don McLean music

Don MacLean entertainer

Randy Jackson music

Randy Jackson music

Mick Jones music

Mick Jones music

Roger Taylor music

Roger Taylor music

Tommy Lee music

Tommy Lee Jones actor

Tom Jones music

I've basically already conceded any chance of winning, but I'm hopeful of avoiding finishing pointless.

Rumours on twitter that Frank Field (the MP) has been given the last rites 

45 minutes ago, Curmudgeon said:

Frank Field politics

John Gorman entertainer 

John Gorman football

Don McLean music

Don MacLean entertainer

Randy Jackson music

Randy Jackson music

Mick Jones music

Mick Jones music

Roger Taylor music

Roger Taylor music

Tommy Lee music

Tommy Lee Jones actor

Tom Jones music

When drawing up this year's team, I did toy with going with a theme team very like yours, including some of the same picks, but was thinking of padding it with people whose names matched dead famous people (Anne Hathaway, Steve McQueen, Jane Seymour, etc). Yours is more consistent, though.

Edited by Aim Here

1 hour ago, Donathan said:

Martina Navratilova’s breast cancer has returned and, separately, she’s also been diagnosed with stage 1 throat cancer. 

Damn it, another one for the forgotten list, I really should've been taking notes

53 minutes ago, Aim Here said:

When drawing up this year's team, I did toy with going with a theme team very like yours, including some of the same picks, but was thinking of padding it with people whose names matched dead famous people (Anne Hathaway, Steve McQueen, Jane Seymour, etc). Yours is more consistent, though.

Would probably be a shitload of work but would there be mileage in a themed (second) deadpool. I had half a notion to put in a WW2 list.

45 minutes ago, ParsJake said:

Apologies if this has been asked and answered elsewhere, but has anyone ever ended up on zero points 2 years in a row?

Not-worried GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Umm, our glorious leader and benefactor, Miguel, famously topped his last gasp hit of 2019 by striking out for the next two consecutive years with his theme team of immortal writers. He managed to toss in a non-writer in 2022 who took him off the bottom last year. wellinwigan and Raven both scored *nil points* in both 2021 and 2022.

Edited by Aim Here

1 hour ago, TxRover said:

For those suggesting picking American rappers…Gangsta Boo, of Three 6 Mafia, checks out at 43…

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2023/jan/02/gangsta-boo-three-6-mafia-member-and-southern-rap-trailblazer-dies-aged-43

Natural causes reported, though.

Being shot seems to count as natural causes for American rappers.