The Pie and Bovril Dead Pool 2023

35 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

The new spreadsheet is up. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1RxCIfczRUmrRrW79tUQ0vJ5KaHZpYENsTKmDqW4X3W4/edit?usp=sharing

All of those top ten featuring heavily. Not much of Gazza, though.

I specifically pinged you about Barbara Walters - she inconsiderately died on the 30th December, so you're going to have to swap in my next sub (Joanna Woodward). Unless you want to give me the points, which I'd be happy with!

Just now, Aim Here said:

I specifically pinged you about Barbara Walters - she inconsiderately died on the 30th December, so you're going to have to swap in my next sub (Joanna Woodward). Unless you want to give me the points, which I'd be happy with!

I searched for her in the wrong year. Whoops.

4 minutes ago, alta-pete said:

@Curmudgeon WTAF is your entry all about please? I might be wrong but I don’t think you get double points for a double entry (wrong movie maybe?)….

It's a pretty novel Theme Team, reminds me I picked a team all named John a few years ago got 2 solo hits and finished 25th that year

The reactions you get reading others' lists:

Everyone's gone for them. Well it was low hanging fruit 

Bollocks, forgot about them

Bollocks, I didn't think anyone else would choose them.

Ooh, are they still alive? Checks Google. Fair play, sir, fair play. Applauds 

What do they know about X that I don't know?

That's a long punt. Nae chance (X will snuff it during the year now I've said that)

Ha ha! I have some solo shots by the look of it. They won't die though. Grr...

@The Master has chosen Sylvester McCoy. OK he left you turning into a leopard but it's been several regenerations later on both sides so isn't it time to let it go... :lol:

I feel an unusual curiosity about how the player with the average youngest team has done in the past…guess it’s limited to the spreadsheet era, but maybe a I’ll have to play with that. Might be interesting to see if someone has a crystal ball.

27 minutes ago, TxRover said:

I feel an unusual curiosity about how the player with the average youngest team has done in the past…guess it’s limited to the spreadsheet era, but maybe a I’ll have to play with that. Might be interesting to see if someone has a crystal ball.

As of a couple of years ago, the longest-serving team that had yet to score was Mo Wonderboy's 2017 team, made up a ton of very young people. I still think noboyd from it has died yet, but the names are mostly meaningless to me.

On 17/12/2021 at 22:29, Aim Here said:

In an idle moment of curiosity, decided to look up the oldest Dead Pool team that is yet to score.

It turns out to be @Mo Wonderboy's team from 2017, and, sadly, it's just a theme team of young people who annoy him, which explains why it's so far failed to score for it's fifth year running. I'm guessing this team could be reused right through to about 2040 before a pick needs to be replaced...

Alfie Deyes (Annoying c**t from YouTube that my Mrs sits listening to) **CAPTAIN**
Zoe Sugg (Girlfriend of above annoying c**t) **VICE CAPTAIN**
Rob Kardashian (Waster From Fame Hungry Family)
Ricky Lamar Hawk AKA Silentó (Some young rapper)
Rico Rodriguez (Wee chubby actor)
Lance Stroll (Posh boy driving expensive cars)
Max Verstappen (Less posh boy driving expensive cars)
Ethan Couch (Not as good a driver as the last two on my list)
Venus Angelic (Daft cow thinks she is a doll)
Sidney Royel Selby III AKA Desiigner (Another young rapper)
Malala Yousafzai (Political activist)
Tyger Drew-Honey (The result of some accidental Ben Dover scene)
Joey Badass (Another Rapper)
Keith Cozart AKA Chief Keef (And...Another Rapper)
Meghan Trainor (Chubby singer) 

In unrelated news Fuctifiano has managed to overlap 10 members of his team with both Donathan AND Indale WInton (with 8 members shared between all three players). It'll be interesting to see how these great minds get on (Indale Winton has already pulled ahead by picking Frank McGarvey).

And all three players who picked Volodomyr Zelenskyy for the chop in 2023 ALSO picked Vladimir Putin. Do they know something we don't?

42 minutes ago, TxRover said:

I've just checked for the last three years, and it's surprisingly well. 19th in 2020 (sparky88), 13th in 2021 (sparky88 again) and 14th in 2022 (gkneil). Sparky88 did even better in 2022 with a young team (~55 or so) but wasn't quite the youngest.

On the other hand, JustOneCornetto's record-breaking team for 2022 was over 86 years old, on average!

5 hours ago, alta-pete said:

@Curmudgeon WTAF is your entry all about please? I might be wrong but I don’t think you get double points for a double entry (wrong movie maybe?)….

I wanted to come up with a theme that was even more ridiculous than last year's alphabet themed entry and this is what I came up with.

I had a couple of setbacks during the year as originally I was going to go with 7 pairs of names with number 15 being Andy Goram (before he even announced he had cancer), but that idea was scuppered. I also had to drop James Caan from my list when he selfishly kicked the bucket.

Fortunately there were no other deaths in my list that that gave a reprieve to Brian Cox and Alex Jones who were on standby.

1 hour ago, Aim Here said:

I've just checked for the last three years, and it's surprisingly well. 19th in 2020 (sparky88), 13th in 2021 (sparky88 again) and 14th in 2022 (gkneil). Sparky88 did even better in 2022 with a young team (~55 or so) but wasn't quite the youngest.

On the other hand, JustOneCornetto's record-breaking team for 2022 was over 86 years old, on average!

Suggests interesting strategies, but overall the winner is most likely 15 old/ill c***s damn near certain to croak but not picked by anyone else. Preference given to those likely to last at least 6 months, due to the December bonus possibilities.