Ross County vs St Johnstone 17/12/22

At some point we really have to think that Ross Laidlaw is not a good enough keeper to be a first choice in the top flight. He's good at saving shots with this feet, but other than that...

EDIT: Oh, and coming for looping crosses with his height.

Edited by Comrie

Even before the second goal Impressed with Phillips. Still work to be done with him but looks like a player who could really make that sitting role his own. 

Overall,  thought saints deserved that. Sending off changes things - and Laidlow totally sells his centre half - and allowed likes of Carey and Crawford to get more comfortable possession. I've never been his biggest fan but I doubt you'd want anyone else arriving on to that rebound.

Didn't half make it hard on ourselves with the defending in the first half. Wasn't impressed with County at all though.

Edited by nelsjfc

That was such a strange game. Thought Saints probably shaded it in the first half without really creating anything. We looked nervy on the ball but should probably have been 2-0 up at the break. The red card though - f**k me. Loturi (who was woeful today) has the chance to switch the play and give it to Owura who had 20 yards of space on the right. Instead, he decides to turn back into danger and give Dhanda a 5 yard side ways pass and we end up with the ball at our own keeper 10 seconds later. Then, Laidlaw gives Baldwin an absolute bomb scare of a pass with Nicky Clark right up his arse. Such a stupid incident that ultimately changed the game. We then sat on our box for the rest of the game and lost first contact from every single cross. 

Probably just as bad a performance in the second half as the Motherwell game earlier in the season in my opinion. St Johnstone deserved the 3 points and that’s very disappointing.

Overall we deserved the win. Thought all did well but Phillips was outstanding and Ali Crawford thanks for the goals and the three points.

Just so different and better than our form this time last year at this time.

Really well done coming from behind, this team has great spirit.

4 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Down 2 CBs and Mahon still cant get on the bench, how hes been frozen out feels weird but not unusual.

Not convinced at all Phillips will be any use as the holding midfielder, too rash at pressing and too prone to losing the ball from what ive seen, so hopefully thats another thing i get wrong and he performs well.

Wotherspoon/Carey/Clark/May all on the park should bring chances if the base behind them is strong enough.

Phillips did really well, for a young player, with little game time 

24 minutes ago, glenrothes 1884 saint said:

Phillips did really well, for a young player, with little game time 

Yeah he was great today. I'd like to clarify that I think hes a good player, hes better on the ball than either MacPherson or Hallberg IMO in terms of picking and executing a pass, and is strong too, I just don't think holding midfielder will get the best out him. I think the McCann-esque role of playing beside one would be best, allow him to press opponents in their half type thing and express himself on the ball.

FWIW I also think Hallberg/MacPherson would be best with that sort of freedom.

Do like the fact the manager has decided he wants someone good on the ball in there though, we look so much better with that than when we have Muzz in there. I daresay we'll need him in certain situations now, as hes still the best at what he does, but progress was moving away from him and its happening well.

Edited by RandomGuy.

3 hours ago, Comrie said:

At some point we really have to think that Ross Laidlaw is not a good enough keeper to be a first choice in the top flight. He's good at saving shots with this feet, but other than that...

EDIT: Oh, and coming for looping crosses with his height.

He will be alright in the championship( or whatever you call it these days). We won it last year.

1 minute ago, Fife Saint said:

Did they honestly announce that? Looked like about 450 that would prefer to be at the shinty.

BBC reporter claimed the overall attendance was "just under 5000", then it was announced the away support was 398.