Aberdeen v 'Rangers' - Tues 20/12 - 8pm

1 hour ago, Leith Green said:

Some Dons fans slagging off the subs there by Goodwin - fair enough, but Stewart and Roos were the major culprits in conceding those last 2 goals.

Not sure that the manager can take the full rap for such pathetic defending.

We are terrible at defending our own box. This has been evident all season, and yet we set up for a good half an hour in a way that meant we’d need to defend our own box constantly. 

Goodwin said post match ‘we just need to defend our box better and not panic’. True, but we have personnel in there that time and time again have shown they will crumble and make mistakes under enough pressure. 

A good defence is likely to concede chances when you sit that deep, never mind ours. 

12 hours ago, KirkieRR said:

There are four certainties in life; death, taxes, the OF getting as much injury time as they need, and Aberdeen bottling it v said OF.

Big injury time is going to be in vogue after the World Cup. Until someone realises it's completely stupid. Which coincidentally will probably be only when it affects one of the Old Firm with them losing a significant 90+8mins goal.

Descriptions of Goodwin here sound exactly like Alan Archibald, who had no idea how to see a game out.

The complaints regarding injury time seem odd considering the stoppages in the match. There were 8 substitutions across 3 stoppages, an Aberdeen goal and resulting celebrations, a rammy in the middle of the park that took a while to sort out, the relevant VAR checks and the treatment for Aberdeen players (their keeper feigning for non-existent contact being the main culprit).

As a televisual viewer of last night’s debacle and not a frequent Sky viewer, I’m amazed that Andy Walker is still , still, paid money to comment on a game that he clearly can’t understand in the most irritating nasal whiny voice imaginable, because he was once good at kicking a ball. I’d be amazed if he can tie his own laces. 

I don't think we can complain too much about the additional injury time and to be honest we only have ourselves to blame for the defending. Richardson and Stewart wouldn't look out of place in Sunday league football with the defending on show last night. Both the first and third goals looked suspect for handball. Teddy Jenks would be proud with that control technique.

image.thumb.png.a1a4185cd1997e5470a57f641087a517.pngimage.thumb.png.07aaa2ed8da383d64c2d208a84063696.pngimage.thumb.png.7a401bb81cee08348fea8b3af15cb613.pngimage.png.aaa088c237e55ebb6a3b51b6201ef588.png

Edited by HarleyQuinn

15 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I don't think we can complain too much about the additional injury time and to be honest we only have ourselves to blame for the defending. Richardson and Stewart wouldn't look out of place in Sunday league football with the defending on show last night. Both the first and third goals looked suspect for handball. Teddy Jenks would be proud with that control technique.

image.thumb.png.a1a4185cd1997e5470a57f641087a517.pngimage.thumb.png.07aaa2ed8da383d64c2d208a84063696.pngimage.thumb.png.7a401bb81cee08348fea8b3af15cb613.pngimage.png.aaa088c237e55ebb6a3b51b6201ef588.png

Using still pictures in the context of a handball claim is meaningless. For example, the one of Goldson, the ball is already moving away from his body, long after there was any chest/arm contact so it tells us very little.

2 minutes ago, AJF said:

Using still pictures in the context of a handball claim is meaningless. For example, the one of Goldson, the ball is already moving away from his body, long after there was any chest/arm contact so it tells us very little.

I'm no expert on the handball rule however for the first goal Sakala unintentional controls the ball with his hand. There's no doubt about it.

Goldson's is harder to tell as you are right the ball is already moving away from his body however his hand still alters the course of the ball towards Arfield. The second maybe not a handball but the first goal is a definite handball and imo shouldn't have stood. It reminds me of Teddy Jenks goal for us against St Johnstone. 

28 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I'm no expert on the handball rule however for the first goal Sakala unintentional controls the ball with his hand. There's no doubt about it.

Goldson's is harder to tell as you are right the ball is already moving away from his body however his hand still alters the course of the ball towards Arfield. The second maybe not a handball but the first goal is a definite handball and imo shouldn't have stood. It reminds me of Teddy Jenks goal for us against St Johnstone. 

I’m not convinced that either of those were definitely handball, possibly just with the angles I’ve seen, although Tavernier hitting the ball against his own post with his arm certainly was.

2 hours ago, AJF said:

The complaints regarding injury time seem odd considering the stoppages in the match. There were 8 substitutions across 3 stoppages, an Aberdeen goal and resulting celebrations, a rammy in the middle of the park that took a while to sort out, the relevant VAR checks and the treatment for Aberdeen players (their keeper feigning for non-existent contact being the main culprit).

You could literally hear him clatter the post.

Edited by Merkland Red

42 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

You could literally hear him clatter the post.

Maybe I'll rephrase then - feigning injury after minimal contact with the post.

Nobody is telling me he needed that length of treatment for what appeared to be very little. But, it ultimately worked in our favour, I suppose.

I think this games proves 2 things. 

Aberdeen are far better going forward than sitting in. They scored 2 crackers but missed at least 3 easier chances. 

Rangers are still pish at the back. Young Devine is definitely not going to be good enough for the OF game but we are improving. 

Unless Celtic suddenly have a form dip we are going to be struggling against them.