Week 16

lichtie23

I think a lot of guys struggle going from being the 'main man' and centre of attention at their college programs, where a lot of the time you can get by being half-arsed and winging it, and still rattle up huge numbers, double digit wins by tearing up much smaller programs, to being the focus of attention in the NFL where everyone is big, fast, and works hard, and it totally caves their personality in. It's not a pure talent thing, it's a case of getting 'found out'. They get by before the NFL on misplaced confidence and bravado, that gets wiped away pretty quickly, and once they realise they need to up the level there is nothing there. The game never slows down for them because they are so overwhelmed by the dose of reality that they end up in a terminal shit-spiral that is unrecoverable. 

The reason I say its immediately obvious who these guys are, is because it invariably happens very quickly, and the signs are exactly what you highlight. There's no frustration, no accountability, and no attempt to stand up and lead their team mates regardless. They just repeat the same dumb ineffectual shit over and over because they can't comprehend that they are the problem, because they've had 3-4 years over everyone hero-worshipping them and telling them they are infallible. I'm sure that these guys must pretty much give themselves away in personal interviews, but they still get drafted regardless. It puzzles me.

7 hours ago, Mr. Brightside said:

Like, I genuinely can't think of a positive attribute he has, and worst of all, he looks like he doesn't care. Contrast that to Mike White, who is not a good QB, but he's out there putting everything on the line for the team and actually helps the offense tick over, Wilson is almost an active hindrance because he can't throw for shit which screws over our run game meaning we have no offense at all. At this stage I'd accept Jimmy G coming over from San Fran, for a reasonable price that is.

As it stands Jimmy G is a free agent in January, that was one of the conditions of his restructured one year deal.

Was supposed to be picking up Princess Pogen at 5pm and bringing her to our gaff so we could watch the Bengals game together along with a wee libation.

She's just called to say she won't be ready until after the game so I cannot drink till later. Grrrrrrr..................................

Mon The Bengals..................................................................

1 hour ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

Was supposed to be picking up Princess Pogen at 5pm and bringing her to our gaff so we could watch the Bengals game together along with a wee libation.

She's just called to say she won't be ready until after the game so I cannot drink till later. Grrrrrrr..................................

Mon The Bengals..................................................................

Asuming she can use her legs can she no make her own way over? 

I'd just get bladdered and refuse to drive, but i'm a shitebag.