Which player had the biggest drop off after the amount of potential they initially showed?

Two I can think of-

Tony Gallacher, saw him in the youth team a couple of times and he stood out. Made his debut against Fraserburgh in the Scottish cup. Pretty sure he set up something like 4 of the 6 goals that day. Was being watched by Man Utd, Liverpool and Barcelona according to the papers. Signed for liverpool in the end. Now at St Johnstone, dont think he plays much at all.

Rhys McCabe- Made his Old Firm debut in a 3-2 win and absolutely bossed the middle of the park Looked like a brilliant prospect. 

3 minutes ago, LauriestonBairn said:

Tony Gallacher - Now at St Johnstone, dont think he plays much at all.

He was starting most matches until he broke his leg in April, hes back training now but it seems like hes either struggling to recover fully or they're allowing him time to heal fully before launching him back in.

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

He was starting most matches until he broke his leg in April, hes back training now but it seems like hes either struggling to recover fully or they're allowing him time to heal fully before launching him back in.

Ah, didnt realise he broke his leg. Hope he makes a full recovery.

17 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

Best player I've ever played with. Some of the stuff he could do was unreal. Always felt a twinge of sadness how his career panned out. By all accounts a great family man.

There was another who was at Rangers. Then Dundee, Arbroath. He was some talent as well but a head the ba who ended up booted from every club and banned from Amateur as well for battering a ref with a boot.

Did he batter half the rangers youth team on their bus outside Dens? 

Because if its who I'm thinking of hes batshit crazy but what a player he was

Edited by Juantwothree

23 minutes ago, Juantwothree said:

Did he batter half the rangers youth team on their bus outside Dens? 

Because if its who I'm thinking of hes batshit crazy but what a player he was

Something like that, yeah. Got the Cutty shut down for battering Kerr anaw.. Some boy.

Edited by Mr. Alli

For half a season Davis Keilor-Dunn looked great, the one bright light in a dismal season. Him taking the pish down at Dens was probably the highlight of that season.

then he looks mediocre in the second tier when teams realized he would refuse to go on the outside. I think he's still in English League Two?

Looks like he's found his level in English league one.

2 hours ago, Comrie said:

For half a season Davis Keilor-Dunn looked great, the one bright light in a dismal season. Him taking the pish down at Dens was probably the highlight of that season.

then he looks mediocre in the second tier when teams realized he would refuse to go on the outside. I think he's still in English League Two?

Looks like he's found his level in English league one.

Did well for us in our shameful 18/19 season, but kept on getting stupid red cards when we needed him available. 

I mind going to watch Scotland u21’s v France u21’s at Pittodrie. Adrien Rabiot and Sebastian Haller were the standouts for France but the best player in the park for me that day was Craig Slater. Thought he’d go on to do big things

2 hours ago, scottbamby said:

I mind going to watch Scotland u21’s v France u21’s at Pittodrie. Adrien Rabiot and Sebastian Haller were the standouts for France but the best player in the park for me that day was Craig Slater. Thought he’d go on to do big things

At least one of them is now a World Cup winner 🤣

Filip Kiss. 

Arrived at Ross County on loan in early January 2014. He had a reputation as being a battling central midfielder for Cardiff. He was technically levels above the County squad when he arrived and immediately looked their most classy player. He scored four goals in his first two matches.

His first at Partick Thistle was from him sitting between his own centre-backs, starting the play from deep and finishing the move from the edge of Thistle’s 18 yard box. It was a weak finish that should have been saved, but for five months prior to his arrival County couldn’t put five passes together. He scored a header and a 30 yard curler into the top corner against Dundee United in the next match, showing how much of a classy all-action player he was in the Premiership.

He promptly got a call-up for Slovakia and dined out on the first two matches for the rest of the season. He re-joined on loan the following season, but Derek Adams was swiftly sacked and Jim McIntyre preferred Martin Woods in the middle.

Edinburgh City signed Steven O'Donnell, a young lad who'd been freed from Hearts and he blasted 20 goals in the first half of the season, terrorising East of Scotland League defences 

In the second half of the season the opposition had worked out he could only run in a straight line and he scored about three goals, one of which was a penalty 

We did get a transfer fee from arch rivals Whitehill for him though. He played for Welfare for about a season, didn't score many and gave up football to play golf.