Livingston v St.Mirren.Wednesday.

Just now, Cptn Hooch said:

Pulling a player to the deck is usually a penalty...the further ridiculous part is he gave st Mirren the foul

Main and Ayunga had similar interactions with Livvy defenders multiple times during the game - every one went with the defender.  

Mind you, if Hearts get a penalty for what they did on Saturday…

Livi players didn't need much to be hitting the deck all night. Unfortunately the ref fell for it.

2nd half a bit more entertaining. 

Brophy did well. Got us back in the game with his pass then cost us 3pts with his inability to pass. 

Not the worst result considering the conditions and our all round performance. 

9 minutes ago, Munoz said:

Livi players didn't need much to be hitting the deck all night. Unfortunately the ref fell for it.

2nd half a bit more entertaining. 

Brophy did well. Got us back in the game with his pass then cost us 3pts with his inability to pass. 

Not the worst result considering the conditions and our all round performance. 

Don't know why Kiltie wasn't brought on for O'Hara at half time. 

The wolf looked hungry, should have squared it for Main at the end.

To play that bad and take a point at Livi, meh take it and move on.

Need to up it for Killie away though. Brophy starts for me in the next game. Such a goal threat compared to Main and Ayunga.

On 27/12/2022 at 18:22, pozbaird said:

A 1-1 here wouldn’t surprise me, however, I couldn’t predict my way out of a wet paper poke this season, so will likely be 4-3 to someone. Us, hopefully.

I am unsurprised, and my ability to predict the outcome of a fitba’ match has taken a much needed upward turn.

2 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Need to up it for Killie away though. Brophy starts for me in the next game. Such a goal threat compared to Main and Ayunga.

We saw some great stuff from Brophy, and getting a shot on target from a distance on such a wet and windy night is not a bad thing. So understandable him taking on so many shots  

But surely he’s got to square it to Main at the end. Or at least go low and hard across the keeper. 

Oh well, generally poor from Saints tonight (until we went down to 10) so happy to take a point all things considered.  

6 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Brophy did his cause no harm. 

I thought Main was pretty poor tonight, but he did do well for the equaliser. 

O'Hara should have probably been subbed before half time. 

Felt the subs Robbo made nearly cost us the game and nearly won us the game 🤷‍♂️

Having had the foresight to sub Ethan at the weekend in similar circumstances he should really have hooked O’Hara at half time. 

Had already committed a couple of fouls after his yellow even before half time.

That said the introduction of Brophy made a big difference to our dynamic going forward and he arguably should have won it for us at the death if he had opted to square to Main.

We were not at our best by any stretch but could easily have got nothing as well as Livingston came close a few times later on.

Happy enough with the point.

16 minutes ago, Div said:

Felt the subs Robbo made nearly cost us the game and nearly won us the game 🤷‍♂️

Having had the foresight to sub Ethan at the weekend in similar circumstances he should really have hooked O’Hara at half time. 

Had already committed a couple of fouls after his yellow even before half time.

That said the introduction of Brophy made a big difference to our dynamic going forward and he arguably should have won it for us at the death if he had opted to square to Main.

We were not at our best by any stretch but could easily have got nothing as well as Livingston came close a few times later on.

Happy enough with the point.

Robbo has to shoulder part of the blame for tonight. O'Hara had to be hooked at half time. 

Just cannot believe how poorly we are away from home. We are not the same team at all. 

9 minutes ago, AW saint said:

Robbo has to shoulder part of the blame for tonight. O'Hara had to be hooked at half time. 

Just cannot believe how poorly we are away from home. We are not the same team at all. 

The pleasing thing was that we came back from behind to rescue a point, whereas in previous away games we've fallen apart after conceding. Having lost a man and lost a goal within 60 seconds you did fear the worst.

Forgot also about Brophy's header that produced a fabulous save from Konovalov.

1 minute ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

That would have killed us off had he scored that. 

Must have only been a couple of minutes later when we equalised?

I think I heard Sportsound say 7 mins between goals. I think the bar save was the break from Anderson’s attempt. A crazy 10 mins!

14 minutes ago, crispy said:

2 points dropped for Livi - Anderson should’ve doubled our lead?

I've more of a mind to view it as a point gained. Any time you lose a lead it can feel like a missed opportunity but taking the game as a whole, it was a good performance and result. Especially as the team were a man down for a decent chunk of the match.

As for Anderson's chance, I'll wait to see it on Sportscene but he seemed to rush his finish. He'd done well to break away then cut back inside Dunne prior to that. He had a good game, Anderson, in a tough lone striker shift.

Edited by FreedomFarter

I've written this post out and then realised that I've gone full Scrutinizer. f**k it, grumpy post it is.

That was an interesting/frustrating game. It looked very low quality to me.

Haven't seen any of them back, but Obileye's looked a penalty, the handball in the box looked a penalty, and Pitts' sending off looked harsh. I suspect when I see them all on tape then all of the decisions will be correct, but fucking hell that was a frustrating game.

Livi were the better team after we went down to 10 men, then Saints were better after they did.

Sean Kelly looked like he'd made our midfield a lot stronger when it was 11v11, then looked like an absolute huddy when it was 10v10. I've seen 18 wheelers turn faster than that.

Obileye's effort to stop the cross for Main's goal was pathetic. He looked really good other than that, but it was a diabolical moment. 

Devlin's not been the same player post-WC either. A lot of misplaced passes, not bombing forward as much, and beaten 1v1 more often than I remember.

Anderson didn't do too much, but tbf he had a hard job. Didn't look at all convincing for his one chance either mind you. Not sure that the tactic of lumping it down the middle to him and letting Gallagher keep mopping up was the best one either tbf.

Ah well, Ivan looked decent if nothing else. Although if that was the last we see of him in Livi shirt, I wouldn't be too surprised. Sunday announcements that Ivan, Fitz and/or Nouble being away would not surprise me.

13 minutes ago, thruthenight said:

Obileye's effort to stop the cross for Main's goal was pathetic. He looked really good other than that, but it was a diabolical moment. 

Aye, he's a rock with clearing crosses and making blocks in the box but less comfortable when players dribble at him. For the goal, when Brophy got the ball in the channel Obileye came out to him and Devlin went inside to cover Obileye. You don't want them switching like that.

Edited by FreedomFarter