Livingston v St.Mirren.Wednesday.

No thread for this yet.Surely some interest can be generated. Oh well here goes.Great result for the Buddies on Saturday albeit against ten men.Nevertheless theyl no doubt be on a high and rightly so imo.As for Livi.After playing against Hibs at Easter Road it was concerning to see the collapse after going down to ten men unjustly I might add.Its been one of our strengths lately,our defence that is.Would be good to see some of our injured players back for this,especially Nouble.We certainly missed him on Saturday. We're back at home for the first time in nearly 2 months.Can but hope we find our pre World Cup form and take the game to St Mirren. Wont be easy,but we're better than that Hibs result suggests. Anyway wrap up well,its gonna be baltic. Hopefully both teams can warm us up,with the empathise on Livi obviously, sorry Buddies.🦁👍.

We're undefeated against Livi in the league since the days of Gary Holt (8 games). Hopefully this stat doesn't come to an end tomorrow.

Another stat courtesy of the BBC is that we've only lost one midweek game (Celtic) in our last 15. 

What could possibly go wrong. 

Saints win 2-1.

Don't think we've anything to worry about defensively when we're playing with 11 players, but twice we've totally collapsed when going down to 10 men, 5-0 against Aberdeen & 4-0 Hibs, so Martindale really needs to work out why that is and get it sorted for the next time we get a red card.

Another thing needing fixed is our penalty taking, we've been woeful at scoring from the spot this season, and since VAR's introduction we've had quite a few of them. We also missed a pen against St Mirren in our last meeting, which cost us at least getting a draw.

I'd be more optimistic of us getting something if Nouble is back for this, with him, Bahamboula and Anderson in a front 3, reckon Anderson would thrive having those two either side of him but it rarely happens for one reason or another. Hopefully Shamal is back in goals for us too.

1 hour ago, Coventry Saint said:

Impossible to call this, but I think 60/40 in favour of a Livi win. We really have to improve our away form, but the Spaghettihad on a Wednesday night probably isn't the place.

Single-goal margin home win, btts, at least one penalty.

Yeah, if the game is tight and competitive but we lose by the off goal, whilst not exactly good, could maybe point to a potential improvement in away form. If we get steamrolled again and the game is effectively over by half time then it looks like it'll be more of the same, and it's a full season of praying our home form holds up.

Not getting sucked into this.Livi's record against Saints ain't great.Depending on the starting 11 will tell me how this game will pan out for the Lions.Would tend to agree,first goal if at all will be crucial here.Our defence and indeed all over the pitch will have to be at the top of our game to get a result here, even though we're at home imo.🦁.

Holt can play against us as Livi have appealed the ordering off. Nouble may also be back. Strangely I am confident about this. We have only been beaten once in our last 5 visits. How we start is crucial. On Saturday we did not press enough from the start (not for the first time) and allowed Aberdeen to dictate play. Get in their faces to begin with and I think we have the workrate and energy to dominate play. Ayunga and Main may be hopeless in front of goal but they can demolish any defence allowing others to score.

4 minutes ago, Troy.1995 said:

Not getting sucked into this.Livi's record against Saints ain't great.Depending on the starting 11 will tell me how this game will pan out for the Lions.Would tend to agree,first goal if at all will be crucial here.Our defence and indeed all over the pitch will have to be at the top of our game to get a result here, even though we're at home imo.🦁.

I was impressed with you lot in the game at our place, though Greive's winner was a glorious moment.

We've been saying all season - and Declan Gallagher is in the press today saying it as well - that the way we play should be perfect for away games, but for some reason just isn't. 

1 hour ago, Coventry Saint said:

Looking at a bet builder - who takes your penalties?

He hasn't had any yet this season as he's not been on the pitch for them but Anderson, most likely.