Accies vs Raith, 2/1/23…

Huge win.  Didn't make the game, but given the other results, it's a big one.

Can't see both Cove and Arbroath catching us, so hopefully we can see some stability off the field and look to build for next season.  

Edited by CALDERON

That was pretty crap but got the desperately needed win which is all that matters. Seen us play that game so many times and not win, but rarely watched us play a team as inept as Hamilton. They’re a guarantee to finish 10th, actually feel a bit sorry for them. 

Millen with yet another brilliant cross for the goal. Should’ve let him take the penalty, too 😍

Edited by Hank Scorpio

On paper we're 3 points off the playoffs, which is fucking ridiculous really. 

Arbroath seem to have come back from the dead and ICT have sat bolt upright from their coma so pretty essential 3 points today. 

Edited by pub car king

1 hour ago, basher brash said:

He’s 6 I think is it not 8 yellows now for a suspension 

Nope, 6 yellows, but it takes place 14 days after…so he misses ICT at SP on the 28th.

See post below, this was wrong.

Edited by TxRover

21 minutes ago, Against The Machine said:

We are a very boring, somewhat functional football team. Hamilton are very boring and utterly dysfunctional. Not prime ingredients for a feast of football. 

If you played that game 1,000 times over, the Rovers would win 1-0 in about 800 of them. 

I wouldn't describe us as functional. We've got lots of guys who can drop deep, play lots of intricate passes and look generally quite easy on the eye. We've got no one who can bully centre backs, stretch the game or play the percentage ball (which would be my idea of a functional team, I feel like we are too much icing, not enough sponge)

14 minutes ago, basher brash said:

He’s 6 I think is it not 8 yellows now for a suspension 

The rule for number of bookings changed today , I know it’s been increased before suspension can’t say exactly how many it’s been increased to  

Awful penalty from Connolly. Just smash it man. We were pretty poor, midfield sitting too deep, Brown treating the ball like it was a grenade, just getting rid of it with little to no care at times. Gullan should have been subbed off long before, he was cramping up. Vaughan for me is an impact sub, just not the player he was (understandable of course). 

34 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

The rule for number of bookings changed today , I know it’s been increased before suspension can’t say exactly how many it’s been increased to  

Excellent, if you can find a link, please post.

44 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

Dug into the 2022-2023 JPP and found it on page 137. It’s 6 yellows in 18 or 12 in 36, I knew it was like that before, but it wasn’t listed in the SPFL Laws, just in the JPP.

So that’s Brown NOT suspended because he’s took 20 matches to accumulate 6 yellows.

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/media/9531/sfa_jpp-2022-23_digital.pdf

Edited by TxRover

We probably could've snuck a draw today but that's us done. Done as a Championship club, done as a full-time club, soon to be done as a club. Focusing on imposters like Doyle, Shiels and, of course, Rankin is pretty trivial all things considered. 

Pretty poor game from both teams today, Accies just don’t look like scoring goals every time I’ve seen them this season. I’m afraid it’s looking like Accies are a shoe in for the drop unless you pull off a miracle this transfer window.  For us a big 3 points which puts us a step closer to safety. We’re a frustrating team, can get the ball down and play some great stuff but we then spend the rest of the match aimlessly punting it for Gullen to not get on the end of it. Absolutely no idea where we’ll finish the season as we’re so hot and cold. 

51 minutes ago, renton said:

I wouldn't describe us as functional. We've got lots of guys who can drop deep, play lots of intricate passes and look generally quite easy on the eye. We've got no one who can bully centre backs, stretch the game or play the percentage ball (which would be my idea of a functional team, I feel like we are too much icing, not enough sponge)

We're maybe playing at Dictionaries a wee bit, but I think you're getting towards cohesion, or effectiveness. The team we've got, to a degree, functions. We have a defence, and a midfield, and forwards. They all do their jobs well... sometimes. Very, very rarely do they all do their jobs well together. 

Taking the Suzie Dent stuff out of it, I agree with you. The forwards in particular are all basically the same archetype. Frederiksen might be different, but frankly it doesn't appear to be remotely relevant. 

I'd be really interested to hear from Ian Murray on what he thinks he needs. If you gave him two free picks, not of realistic/available players, but just if he could get two players tomorrow, what 'profile' would be want? Where does he see the biggest potential improvements? You'd have to assume one would be a big hold up striker, but I'd be intrigued what his second choice would be, and whether he'd stick with the same system or use someone different to find a whole new set up for the rest of the team to fit into. We still feel a bit square pegs and round holes with our 4-2-3-1 that has one inverted winger and basically three number 10s with nominally different starting positions.