Kilmarnock 0 v Aberdeen

I think for Goodwin to say that Dons should be going to St Mirren and Killie and winning is a bit disrespectful, so he deserves what he gets.

Well done Killie, 19 points at this stage of the season with that squad is quite remarkable.

We're clearly a pretty good team at home, barring the constant panic when we're defending a lead. After a ropey start to the season, that's 5 wins, 4 draws and 3 defeats in our last 12 games - if we can stick with anything remotely approaching that in the next two sets of 12ish we'll be nowhere near going down.

4 hours ago, naegoodinthedark said:

Probably been asked loads of times, but why do they use the upper tier of the stand for away fans, instead of the bottom?

The prevailing wind is into the away stand. If it rains you at least get some shelter higher up.

I’m sure that when we first built our new ground, we had home fans in that stand and soon moved to the other side after a year or two of rain in their faces!

11 minutes ago, flood said:

The prevailing wind is into the away stand. If it rains you at least get some shelter higher up.

I’m sure that when we first built our new ground, we had home fans in that stand and soon moved to the other side after a year or two of rain in their faces!

A sensible response. Rain was driving for long spells but we were dry in the stand.

11 hours ago, Hendo said:

I think for Goodwin to say that Dons should be going to St Mirren and Killie and winning is a bit disrespectful, so he deserves what he gets.

I heard him say that - and whilst he should actually be thinking that and instilling it into his players, just the way he said it sounded wrong and as you say ‘disrespectful’.

It’s maybe a minor concern in the tsunami of problems mounting up for a guy that’s starting to look out of his depth - but each time I listen to him looking for clues of tactical insight in how to address this slump, all I hear are crap soundbites that mean nothing and suggest there is little substance there.

Right now it feels like when rather than if, even if it does seem a bit of a Watfordish way to react.

McInnes’ record in this fixture at Rugby Park remains impeccable - I still miss his ‘eyebleeding’ narrow away victories.

Edited by tarapoa

Why do Aberdeen supporters keep bringing Watford into discussions? 

Is it because the last time Watford were relevant in English football under Taylor was the last time Aberdeen were relevant under Fergie?

Despite the money invested by Aberdeen down the years since Fergie departed the club has seriously underachieved imho.

People say McInnes was a good manager but what did he actually deliver? One major honour? This was during a period when Deidco were not in the top league for a few seasons.

I don’t know what Aberdeen saw in Goodwin but he is definitely out of his depth. Smooth Irish talker but seems incapable of changing his ultra defensive style of play.

I honestly can’t see him surviving much longer if these results continue.

1 minute ago, Molotov said:

Why do Aberdeen supporters keep bringing Watford into discussions? 

Is it because the last time Watford were relevant in English football under Taylor was the last time Aberdeen were relevant under Fergie?

Despite the money invested by Aberdeen down the years since Fergie departed the club has seriously underachieved imho.

People say McInnes was a good manager but what did he actually deliver? One major honour? This was during a period when Deidco were not in the top league for a few seasons.

I don’t know what Aberdeen saw in Goodwin but he is definitely out of his depth. Smooth Irish talker but seems incapable of changing his ultra defensive style of play.

I honestly can’t see him surviving much longer if these results continue.

It’ll just be a reference to the number of managers they burn through. 

Mcinnes was a very good manager for 5 years, 1 trophy was the major flaw of his time but that doesn’t make it a bad tenure at all. It’s a bad faith argument when folk chuck that out. 

Goodwin does seem out of his depth, his tactical nous is non existent. I keep going back to the Celtic game but the fact he thought defending on our 6 yard line for 90 minutes was the way to get a point off them is a serious concern for me. 

But in general this Aberdeen team is performing far worse than the personnel we have at our disposal dictates. That’s his job. I’m done with him. 

4 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

It’ll just be a reference to the number of managers they burn through. 

Jeezo. St Mirren went through a period of having a revolving managerial door for many many seasons. 

Trust me you have great stability up there, but Goodwin is not the answer for your club. Talks a good game to get his jobs in football but seriously lacking in getting results on the pitch despite financial backing.

Time to cut lose.

20 hours ago, flood said:

Nah home fans always been Moffat.

Fleeting said when stadium was build the weather was reason for changing ends.