Hearts v Hibs

14 hours ago, Lyle Lanley said:

A lot of hibs fans were standing in the walkway in the Roseburn throughout the game blocking the view of those who were in the front rows of the upper tier. 

Same at our bit, folk packed into N, wee man got a thump in the nose when the 3rd went in.

The missiles need to stop, we have plenty arseholes aswell but that Roseburn stand at a derby churns out a lot of projectiles. Hearts might end up cutting the allocation which would ruin he atmosphere.

On the game first half Hearts were good, I thought Mckay and Snodgrass were a cut above and Gino and Devlin put the hard yards in.

Second half Jibs were obviously going to be better and Hearts looked happy to sit in. I thought Youan looks like there's a player there and even mcgeady caused some problems albeit our wing backs were both off.

Hibs have some decent players but the bloated squad and players that were too old two years ago need cleared out. Their experience is Hanlon and Stevenson who have only played spl football,  Snodgrass is ours and you can see the difference. 

Edited by Aylo vanal

Great pic of Hibs fans after Shankland scores.

FlfZDsfWAAIgbAS?format=jpg&name=large

I particularly like the cross armed 'Here we fucking go again' stance of those chaps, lovely.  

image.png.30462deceb3abea3e2878486a85fe1f1.png

Combination of anger and despair of these young lads, delicious. image.png.77137ed72e6387698d9495464cf038bc.png

A couple here make me giggle. Young lad with contorted face through rage, (hopefully not some long term medical condition 😬), standing near Stone Island clad grandfather, perfect.

image.png.20a155cbf3f4e43a1076520c344ff655.png 

These boys choose an impromptu game of Rock, paper, Scissors to relieve the pain, amazing.image.png.dbefdaac93cfc7e16955e2bd72082b95.png

hibs fans shankland.jfif

2 hours ago, Mr. X said:

I particularly like the cross armed 'Here we fucking go again' stance of those chaps, lovely.  

Combination of anger and despair of these young lads, delicious. image.png.77137ed72e6387698d9495464cf038bc.png

A couple here make me giggle. Young lad with contorted face through rage, (hopefully not some long term medical condition 😬), standing near Stone Island clad grandfather, perfect.

These boys choose an impromptu game of Rock, paper, Scissors to relieve the pain, amazing.image.png.dbefdaac93cfc7e16955e2bd72082b95.png

hibs fans shankland.jfif 289.22 kB · 2 downloads

The person who threw the missile must be in that picture

I'm pretty sure it's not one of the folded arm guys but we can't really rule out any of the others.

They all "look the type"

Edited by topcat(The most tip top)

I was pretty sure we'd win this, and once the teams came through you just looked at them side by side and it was impossible to see any other outcome. Even missing Boyce, Baningime, Haring, Gordon, Halkett, Kingsley etc, you just looked at that Hibs team and could see there's absolutely f**k all there. It's panning out a lot like last season. First derby a draw, but anyone with eyes could tell you Hearts were a better side. By the new year it's apparent we're fucking streets ahead of them, and we'll finish comfortably double-figures clear of them in points totals.

Had a good laugh this afternoon listening to John Collins greeting his eyes out on the Sportsound podcast. Anyone who watches Hearts knows the drill by now. Neilson will try to defend a lead. Just like Hampden last April, and Easter Road back in August. What all of these games have in common is that Hearts take control of them and then once a lead is established we revert to this need to control instead of going for the kill. People looking at that second half (those second halves, actually) and thinking Hibs are onto something don't understand what they're watching.

So, a routine win, and I doubt we'll see Hibs at Tynecastle again this season. I wonder who their coach will be when they next come to Tynecastle.

Edited by VincentGuerin

5 hours ago, Mr. X said:

hibs fans shankland.jfif 289.22 kB · 3 downloads

The auld guy with the green Stone Island jacket on...

What The Wtf GIF by Justin

4 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

I'm pretty sure it's not one of the folded arm guys but we can't really rule out any of the others.

They all "look the type"

I'm gonna go for the girl with the prominent fupa. Looks like she has a good throw on her.

1 hour ago, Crùbag said:

The auld guy with the green Stone Island jacket on...

What The Wtf GIF by Justin

Hair colour out of a poundland dye kit. 

20 hours ago, Mr. X said:

I saw a pic the other day of Shankland running past the hibs fans basically giving it this:

download (58).jpg

In other news, totally shocked to hear that john collins was chuntering on again about how much better hibs were - what a doddery auld c**t he really is, 

Edited by paranoid android

1 hour ago, paranoid android said:

I saw a pic the other day of Shankland running past the hibs fans basically giving it this:

download (58).jpg

In other news, totally shocked to hear that john collins was chuntering on again about how much better hibs were - what a doddery auld c**t he really is, 

Collins knocking a c**t out himself is always the cherry on top with these occasions. 

16 hours ago, VincentGuerin said:

Anyone who watches Hearts knows the drill by now. Neilson will try to defend a lead.

Which is eminently sensible, although a little frustrating.

When it goes wrong, as it inevitably sometimes will, he looks foolish and people complain about "Neilson throwing it away" and when it goes right you get people moaning about how "that could have been five or six if Neilson had just gone for it".

At least that's how the experts who sit behind me in Section B tend to react

33 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

When it goes wrong, as it inevitably sometimes will, he looks foolish and people complain about "Neilson throwing it away" and when it goes right you get people moaning about how "that could have been five or six if Neilson had just gone for it".

It can be sensible, but I think Neilson over-does it.

My issue isn't with containing teams, but it's about how we do it. For example, we did it really well in the closing stages at St Johnstone. We kept the ball high up the park, used our players with a good touch to keep possession and play the game out, all while the team held its shape behind the ball. That's absolutely fine. After we scored the winner against Motherwell was the same.

But we can have a tendency to go deep, and that drives me fucking mad. Especially at the moment with a weakened back line. We should be keeping the ball away from them as much as possible.

Edited by VincentGuerin

25 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

The trigger is inevitably getting 2 goals up rather than at say an hour in, which is what's annoying about it.

3 of the games since we returned from the world Cup have been the same, no matter how on top we have been when we scored the 2nd.

It makes even less sense with how we've defended this season.  

That's a really good reading of it @VincentGuerin. Listening to one of the recent games - I think St Johnstone; it wasn't all just Neilson, particularly after the second. The reporter said that RN was beside himself trying to get the players to push out.

I think our contain tactic works to a degree, but can suffer a bit when the opposition makes changes (e.g. McGeady on/Cadden reshuffle), or when we get an unexpected injury (Smith/Halliday) that means we don't have the same players to do the containing (Forrest is a winger, and Atkinson can't defend)

On 03/01/2023 at 15:12, topcat(The most tip top) said:

They all "look the type"

Idiots ! Serious damage done if that had connected. 

Screenshot_20230103-133308_Instagram.jpg