Greenock Morton vs Ayr United

58 minutes ago, Scosha said:

Surprised at that. I’d have thought given the circumstances Ayr would be bringing a healthy away crowd with them. 

I mean last time they had to take the cordon down in the main stand and give us right up to the directors area as there wasn't enough room for us all.

Tbf it's obviously based on our clubs estimation giving to Morton and our estimates are known for being out as most grounds we go to stewards seem to be surprised at so many of us turning up.

1 hour ago, No_Problemo said:

I think you are always going to be biased towards your own side - when you are doing well anyway. There is also ignorance involved in terms of some of the opposing sides players. For example there is no way I would consider Gillespie good enough to get near Dempsey or Murdoch but I’m aware he has done well for you. My joint team would look a little like this:

Albinson 

Grimshaw  Musonda   Ambrose  Strapp

Crawford Murdoch Dempsey 

Chalmers                                Mullin 
                           Akinyemi 

I know McGrattan seems to be highly rated, I just don’t know enough about him so every chance he comes in for Mullin. Musonda, Dempsey, Chalmers, Musonda and Akinyemi are all absolute stick ons for me. 

Yeah that's a fair point. You can only base your judgements on what you see. That will obviously be your own team and if they're doing well then it'll be clear in the choices made.

I'd go for

Schwake

Grimshaw baird Ambrose Strapp 

Crawford  Gillespie blues/ murdoch

Quitongo                     mcgrattan

Akinyemi

Harsh leaving Muirhead out but if its a goalscorer then akinyemi gets the nod. Haven't seen enough of kirk or musonda but going by Ayr fans they are excellent at this level so worth a thought.

3 hours ago, North British 2 said:

I think we'll take about 500 up to Greenock , main stand is fine for that . If we'd done something against Thistle or Dundee it could have been nearer to 1,000 ! But alas we did not . 

Yeah the last 2 results suggesting that the wheels are possibly near coming off i'd say will keep away some of the more casual supporters, plus just being the day after new year a lot of folk will be skint from that and christmas...

10 hours ago, Trogdor said:

Baird over Kirk or Musonda? 

tenor.gif.9146c923980764e7c036c8656060e613.gif

As I said I've not seen enough of both to put them in a team in front of Baird who has been very good for us and part of the best defence in the league. 

( Cue a howler from him on Monday 🤣🙈)

I think it is imperative that we take at least a point from this one. Apart from Mullen I don’t think there will be any other players available.

My starting X1 

Albinson

Ecrepont McAllister(if fit) McGinty Reading

Chalmers Murdoch Dempsey Mullen

Bryden Akinyemi

Hopefully, McAllister will be fit as without him we really are struggling for defenders. I’d give Bryden a start ahead of both McKenzie and Young.

2 hours ago, JohnGAYR said:

Could the game be in doubt considering the rain there has been?

If it had been tomorrow i'd of said possibly but with it not being to Monday and the weekend forecast being relatively dry i'd reckon it should be okay.

Plus Morton's pitch is usually one of the better ones in the league apart from the covid season when they had to train on it during the week so it turned into a tattie field

After last Friday I'd take a draw right now from this. Morton still looking like a solid team

Against Dundee we were shaky at the back with a worrying lack of attacking threat. Would be helpful if Mullin is back fit for this.

Musonda and Kirk have been considerable misses.

Edited by Oceanlineayr

11 minutes ago, Oceanlineayr said:

After last Friday I'd take a draw right now from this. Morton still looking like a solid team

Against Dundee we were shaky at the back with a worrying lack of attacking threat. Would be helpful if Mullin is back fit for this.

Musonda and Kirk have been considerable misses.

If Mullin is back i'd be playing him at RB, other option for RB would be Sam Ashford unless Ecrepont gets put back in there