Cove's Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Cove's next permanent manager?  

107 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

With Jim McIntyre being sacked, we've lost another manager in the Championship and Dundee fans have lost the opportunity to give him a warm welcome at Dens.

Since there's only about 1 active Cove fan on the site, I can't envisage this thread being very busy so I've streamlined the options. 

6 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

With Jim McIntyre being sacked, we've lost another manager in the Championship and Dundee fans have lost the opportunity to give him a warm welcome at Dens.

Since there's only about 1 active Cove fan on the site, I can't envisage this thread being very busy so I've streamlined the options. 

Shoulda just asked him and reported, eh?

3 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Definitely the right call made in my opinion. McIntyre's man management and pessimism was brutal. Not expecting the new manager, got to be Hartley, to propel us to the playoffs. Solidarity and signs of progress would be more than enough.

I’m not sure that’s a good decision. Totally understand that he’s not popular with the fans and is a pretty abrasive character but he has Cove in a reasonable place, and they’ve had some excellent results and performances this season.

Surely Cove’s only goal this season was to stay up and he’s been doing a reasonable job at that so far.

Having said that, I want/ed Dick Campbell sacked and he could yet save us from relegation.

All this is immaterial of course if Hartley is already lined up.

10 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

Sacking a manager at this stage of the season is a risky strategy IMO and one that could backfire. 

Dunfermline and Queen of the South both did similar risky-as-f**k moves last season and ended up relegated.

Dunfermline did it way before now, to be fair.