The big ol' Buddies - Jambos double header.

8 hours ago, Ric said:

Standing back and watching ranks of Hearts fans go tonto over a point we agree on, that Fraser's red card is deserved, only underlines why people think of Hearts fans like they do.

Can't imagine the state they'll be in on Friday.

:D

Very odd definition of 'going tonto'. I can only see people trying patiently to explain to you why what you wrote was just a wee bit silly.

1 minute ago, FTOF said:

Can't see past a Hearts win, given they've just signed two new players and seem to have a couple of their injured players back.

If we could get Ayunga back, then I reckon him and Main could get some change out of their central defence.

Elsewhere, it all hinges on Gallagher being fit. If he is then we'll have more options regarding both defence and midfield.

I doubt that Strain will make it, as it looked as if he was in a fair bit of pain and groin injuries tend not to be the quickest to clear up.

Looks like our bench will consist mostly of our development squad.

Erhahon and Fraser need their arses kicked in particular.

The way I look at it we’ve seen worse Saints sides win at Tynecastle against better Hearts teams than this one. 

I agree that the odds are stacked in Hearts favour on Friday. I would settle for a draw. We missed too many glorious chances on Saturday to take all 3 points. 

What’s Stewart Kean up to these days? Was he a Hibs fan as he always seemed to raise his game against Hearts.

Best stadium in Scotland especially under the floodlights.

7 minutes ago, Molotov said:

The way I look at it we’ve seen worse Saints sides win at Tynecastle against better Hearts teams than this one. 

I agree that the odds are stacked in Hearts favour on Friday. I would settle for a draw. We missed too many glorious chances on Saturday to take all 3 points. 

What’s Stewart Kean up to these days? Was he a Hibs fan as he always seemed to raise his game against Hearts.

Best stadium in Scotland especially under the floodlights.

What worse Saints team have you seen beat a better Hearts team at Tynecastle?

2 minutes ago, Empty It said:

What worse Saints team have you seen beat a better Hearts team at Tynecastle?

http://www.stmirrenprogrammes.co.uk/StMirren/STM_Match_Details.php?Season=2006&GameID=200609090

3996F295-1CDE-4922-9596-259820F51397.thumb.jpeg.6b5efa212864cb46820d5e812c54d503.jpeg

our record is honking there but that’s a particular highlight! Your team was filled with much better players some internationals.

“Stewart Kean's late winner at Tynecastle stunned Hearts and allowed promoted St Mirren to draw level on points with their wealthy rivals. The 1-0 away win left Celtic clear at the top and saw Hearts slip down to third in the table.“

25 minutes ago, Molotov said:

http://www.stmirrenprogrammes.co.uk/StMirren/STM_Match_Details.php?Season=2006&GameID=200609090

3996F295-1CDE-4922-9596-259820F51397.thumb.jpeg.6b5efa212864cb46820d5e812c54d503.jpeg

our record is honking there but that’s a particular highlight! Your team was filled with much better players some internationals.

“Stewart Kean's late winner at Tynecastle stunned Hearts and allowed promoted St Mirren to draw level on points with their wealthy rivals. The 1-0 away win left Celtic clear at the top and saw Hearts slip down to third in the table.“

Nobody can argue with you there. I have no recollection of that, thank **** .

52 minutes ago, Molotov said:

Aye fair play for remembering that and that Hearts team would hammer the current one.

17 minutes ago, houston_bud said:

It was a classic smash and grab if I remember correctly. Tony Bullock played the game of his life.

I remember me and my mate went to it and our train broke down at Linlithgow station. Loads of buddies piling into the three taxis or so that were in the town. It was very exciting at the time as we'd just come up and we're looking pretty good, having already won a few games, and I think Hearts might have even split the OF the year before, but basically we were just coming to the end of that "newly promoted bounce" teams used to get then and we were soon back down to earth as autumn and winter rolled in and it became clear we were fighting for survival.

1 hour ago, FTOF said:

I was at that game too.

Absolutely glorious, if somewhat unexpected celebrations at the end.

I think the last time I was at Tynecastle Rudi Skacel scored about ten goals against us.<_<

Was that the game where we were 2-1 up at half time playing against ten men and ended up losing 5-2?

I think we won there 2-0 round about 2013 or 2014 when both teams were struggling but dont think we've won there since.