FC Edinburgh Vs Dunfermline

Top of the table clash with a chance for the hosts to go top (Pars having two games in hand). Big game, hoping we're looking at it as a chance to create more distance, I'm sure JMcP will be making that clear to the players. Think it'll be very much like the game at East End last year, tight but with a narrow win for Dunfermline.

1 hour ago, Grant228 said:

Asked on the other thread, but how strict is the segregation? 

Pretty non existent as both sets of fans use the same entrance and the same burger van. DAFC will get a hundred or so seats in the 'stand' but again, no separate entrance. 

Those of you that had the misfortune to pay the Stadio del Meadowbank a visit earlier in the season will be mildly pleased to hear

(1) Admission is now £12 instead of £18

(2) There is a new standing area in the "D" section of the running track behind the goal making its debut on Saturday. Which means you can leave your binoculars at home. More details here

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/fc-edinburgh-to-trial-new-standing-area-for-visiting-fans-at-meadowbank-next-weekend-3970834

I'll predict a 5 goal thriller. Enjoy the game. 

Capacity is 1,320. A few seats available for home fans in the 'stand', all away seats are sold. No indication of home many standing tickets remain for away fans, but ECFC have said that tickets are selling 'fast' (well they would say that wouldn't they?) 

59 minutes ago, RubyTuesday said:

Those of you that had the misfortune to pay the Stadio del Meadowbank a visit earlier in the season will be mildly pleased to hear

Anyone going twice especially again in January is either very dedicated or mad.

6 hours ago, RubyTuesday said:

Pretty non existent as both sets of fans use the same entrance and the same burger van. DAFC will get a hundred or so seats in the 'stand' but again, no separate entrance. 

(1) Admission is now £12 instead of £18

(2) There is a new standing area in the "D" section of the running track behind the goal making its debut on Saturday. Which means you can leave your binoculars at home. More details here

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/fc-edinburgh-to-trial-new-standing-area-for-visiting-fans-at-meadowbank-next-weekend-3970834

I'll predict a 5 goal thriller. Enjoy the game. 

What does the chairman mean that it will be similar to behind the goals at Spartans’ Ainslie park, which is a grass bank at one end, and an elevated clubhouse at the opposite end 🤷‍♂️

6 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Any chance of this "selling out" or will I be able to decide on Saturday morning? Wee man isn't well so won't know until then if it's a goer or not. 

It didn’t sell out in bright sunshine in August, it won’t sell out this time.

Edinburgh have looked anything but title contenders the twice we have played them. I am going so hopefully there is an actual stand in the D area behind the goal and it isn’t just a pen to herd us in like chickens. 

1 hour ago, DAFC. said:

Edinburgh have looked anything but title contenders the twice we have played them. I am going so hopefully there is an actual stand in the D area behind the goal and it isn’t just a pen to herd us in like chickens. 

There's only one stand at the ground.

1 hour ago, DAFC. said:

They’ll not have done anything to make the area a good place to watch the game, it’s just closer to the pitch.   Actually putting even a very small amount of effort into the ground just isn’t going to happen. 

1 hour ago, DAFC. said:

I got say that I have thought the same about Pars. Don't do away games anymore but really not impressed with what I've seen in the home games.

10 hours ago, Chubbychops said:

I got say that I have thought the same about Pars. Don't do away games anymore but really not impressed with what I've seen in the home games.

I've watched most of the games via Parstv and our away performances are generally so much better, almost like there's a drop in pressure on the team. 

Really wish we could filter it into our home form because for all that we scrap wins, we do play some good football at times especially now with Wighton up front.

1 hour ago, Stellaboz said:

I've watched most of the games via Parstv and our away performances are generally so much better, almost like there's a drop in pressure on the team. 

Really wish we could filter it into our home form because for all that we scrap wins, we do play some good football at times especially now with Wighton up front.

With the exception of Falkirk and Airdrie, teams have come to East End and sat deep, playing for 0-0. It’s meant that we’ve had to try and be very patient - often frustratingly so. We seem to try and wait for a mistake/someone to come out of position, rather than trying to break them down with our quality/ability. I think we need to have KRH/Mochrie running with the ball more often, drawing men out of position. Also need to get Todd back into that role, where he will make forward runs in between the defenders.

This Saturday, I’d say just need to go for the same plan as last time we went there. Try and start fast, run at them. Put them under pressure early and hope that something gives and we get a goal. With the exception of Montrose, we’ve looked a lot more comfortable on plastic pitches this season.