I don’t wanna see basically any of Saturdays team play on Wednesday. I’d imagine 2 or 3 may play but I’d be willing to give all the fringe players a game. The position we’ve got ourselves in league has to take priority now 

Ferrie 

Gillies       Naismith        Eze         Bruce 

Bannon   Biggar 

longridge             Jarrett           Healy 

Williamson 

I would play none of the team who played last Saturday. The league has to be the main priority. This is a meaningless cup. Very few remember who won it two weeks after the final. The Scottish Cup is more of a business proposition in the hope that we get drawn against a big club. We would be devastated if Murray got a knock on Wednesday which kept him out of Saturday's game. I just don't see the point of taking the risk.

1 hour ago, qpfc said:

I don’t wanna see basically any of Saturdays team play on Wednesday. I’d imagine 2 or 3 may play but I’d be willing to give all the fringe players a game. The position we’ve got ourselves in league has to take priority now 

Ferrie 

Gillies       Naismith        Eze         Bruce 

Bannon   Biggar 

longridge             Jarrett           Healy 

Williamson 

With the exception of Ferrie I totally agree.

If he does go with a B team I still think the bench will be loaded with our match winners. Revenue from the Scottish Cup isn’t as exciting as it might have been 3 years ago. Winning a trophy, even this one, will make a very strong statement to sponsors. And that’s where the real money is. Predictable and consistent payments, unlike gates at cup ties.

Not to forget trophy winners attract scouts from other clubs. Isn’t January the month for footballer shopping? Or is that why they want the B team on the park?

6 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

…will make a very strong statement to sponsors. And that’s where the real money is. Predictable and consistent payments, unlike gates at cup ties.

Where were you last January to explain simply concepts like that to our BoD?

7 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Not to forget trophy winners attract scouts from other clubs. Isn’t January the month for footballer shopping? Or is that why they want the B team on the park?

Not in lower level fitba…it’s the month for finding people to sign on PCA’s, that signing other peoples lads, and paying them money for them, is rare as hen’s teeth roundabouts.

1 hour ago, williebraveheart said:

The Scottish Cup is more of a business proposition in the hope that we get drawn against a big club.

And that, in one sentence, sums up fitba’s biggest long-term challenge.

As usual with this cup, I’ll start bothering about it if we get to the Semis. 

Midweek games are a pain in the hole. I’ve moved on from kids birthday parties to kids sports clubs, as an excuse for non-attendance. 

Edited by Scary Bear

Owen Coyle confirming in an interview today that there will be 9/10 changes for tomorrow's game. That's good to see and looking forward to seeing those players that don't get as many minutes get a game under their belt.

2 minutes ago, Matt 1867 said:

Owen Coyle confirming in an interview today that there will be 9/10 changes for tomorrow's game. That's good to see and looking forward to seeing those players that don't get as many minutes get a game under their belt.

Christ, we’re looking at 12 healthy outfield players…not much rotation possible.

So with Millen and Spencer named as our additional injuries, and with Greig Young cup-tied and Jamie MacDonald being rested, where does that leave us?

McNeil in goals, probably a back three of Dick, Nolan and Lang, Brown and probably Easton in central midfield, Connolly and maybe McBride out wide, and then Vaughan behind a front two of Gullan and Connell. Subs Frederiksen and Masson.

Can't see any other formation we can adopt with what we've got. 

1 minute ago, Skeletar Spider said:

We don't have a good enough squad to make wholesale changes to the team without essentially forfeiting our chances of winning, but it might be the smart move.

Never been a fan of resting players for cup games, but this is pretty much the first time it's actually been something for us to consider.

Looking at who we have available and the team we are likely to put out, not sure playing your B team will definitely equal a forfeit.

1 hour ago, Double Jack D said:

Looking at who we have available and the team we are likely to put out, not sure playing your B team will definitely equal a forfeit.

Sounds like you might be right in fairness. From what I saw of him last season, no team starting Connor McBride should be feared, whoever we've got out there.

1 hour ago, Double Jack D said:

Even really good teams, like Liverpool and City, flounder when they use their squad. This 'big picture' mood in our camp is a bit too Old Firm for me. What happens if we get through...do we play the underlings again in a semi?