Dons vs rangers - league cup semi

Dons_1988

7 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

The West/Mt  Florida end of Hampden has always been the Rangers end.  That's just  how it is.  It was also covered whilst the Celtic end was open to the elements.

Back when we had Home Internationals the Rangers End was also the unofficial Scotland End and, for big games, the away support were herded into the opposite side.

It is not how it should be. There should be no 'ends' in a supposedly neutral venue.

1 minute ago, AJF said:

Just a bit of banter, eh. You dish out expect it back etc etc 

I mean, no one’s that bothered. No one expects him to like a set of fans that have a song about him dying. 

But if that’s his reaction after winning a semi and being named motm, that says more about him tbh…

6 minutes ago, AJF said:

Just a bit of banter, eh. You dish out expect it back etc etc 

I'm not offended in the slightest by that witless humourless twitter thing.  Between that and his quite desperate looking badge thumping yesterday i suspect young Ryan has a few issues that he needs to work out. 

6 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

I mean, no one’s that bothered. No one expects him to like a set of fans that have a song about him dying. 

But if that’s his reaction after winning a semi and being named motm, that says more about him tbh…

3 minutes ago, coprolite said:

I'm not offended in the slightest by that witless humourless twitter thing.  Between that and his quite desperate looking badge thumping yesterday i suspect young Ryan has a few issues that he needs to work out. 

I think you guys are maybe reading a bit too much into what is clearly a post designed to give some back to Aberdeen fans abusing him.

I'm sure he enjoyed his night just fine.

2 hours ago, Suspect Device said:

It is not how it should be. There should be no 'ends' in a supposedly neutral venue.

This. I always think the west stand is easier to get away from as Dons fans. You'd think that would be the primary consideration when facing a 3+hr journey back North.

2 hours ago, Suspect Device said:

No, but remember , this is the country that when Hampden was out of action to ready it for the Commonwealth games, the choice of neutral venue for a semi - final involving Ranger was …

checks notes…

Ibrox.

Why do Dons fans hate Jack so much? I mean, I get that he’s got one of they faces that makes him look like he was born to play for Rangers, but surely other players have made that move in the past without the same hate? Was it something he said or did? Genuinely curious.

He boils my piss too btw - but they all do. Except wee Sakala. It’s hard to dislike his cheeky wee smile.

1 hour ago, Merkie84 said:

No, but remember , this is the country that when Hampden was out of action to ready it for the Commonwealth games, the choice of neutral venue for a semi - final involving Ranger was …

checks notes…

Ibrox.

Something that was determined before the competition began, yeah?

1 hour ago, Henrik's tongue said:

Why do Dons fans hate Jack so much? I mean, I get that he’s got one of they faces that makes him look like he was born to play for Rangers, but surely other players have made that move in the past without the same hate? Was it something he said or did? Genuinely curious.

He boils my piss too btw - but they all do. Except wee Sakala. It’s hard to dislike his cheeky wee smile.

Aye, I’m not sure. It reminds me of Kevin Thomson when he joined Rangers. He seemed to get a lot of hate from Hibs fans that players like Whittaker and Brown never got.

36 minutes ago, AJF said:

Something that was determined before the competition began, yeah?

Why is that relevant? 

They still got to play a Scottish cup semi at home. Something no other club gets to do. 

Semi finals are either plays at neutral venues or they are not. 

Gutted about that one. Didn’t have much confidence going into it and expected a routine defeat. Didn’t transpire that way and maybe if Stewart had kept his head we would have gone on to take.

meant to take confidence into Wednesday, but fear we may be a bit tired and without a fully fit Duk.

On another note, that Barasic lunge from behind on Kennedy is also a shocker that seems to have been overlooked.

24 minutes ago, Merkie84 said:

Why is that relevant? 

They still got to play a Scottish cup semi at home. Something no other club gets to do. 

Semi finals are either plays at neutral venues or they are not. 

It matters because when it was announced that the Semi-Finals would be played at Ibrox (something which the clubs would've agreed to) there was no guarantee that we would even reach the Semi-Finals.

Your argument is akin to Queens Park reaching the Scottish Cup final when they played their home matches at Hampden for them to be told nah you can't play the Final at Hampden because it is your home ground.

Ibrox was designated as the Semi-Final venue while Celtic Park was given the Final. Hampden was out of commission so what else could they have done?

Edited by AJF

But there was a chance they could have made it, no? 

Also a bit of a different between Rangers, a team who play semis most years and therefore likely to get to one,  and Queens Park, who haven’t been in the SCF since the turn of the 20th century. 

In the very unlikely event they do reach, I would say, yes,the same principle applies. It is either a neutral venue or it is not. But I don’t think we will have to worry about that any time soon. 

I don’t see why the venue had to be chosen at the start of the season, in the league cup semi final venues are chosen based on what is most suitable depending on who reaches that stage, Hampden, Ibrox , Tynecastle , Fir park etc. Why could the same principle not be applied? 

Its not rocket science, there are only 4 stadia in Scotland big enough to handle a Rangers or Celtic semi, Hampden, Ibrox, Celtic park and Murrayfield. 

Hampden,  was out of action, Ibrox is Rangers home ground. Therefore only Celtic park or Murrayfield left. 

Edited by Merkie84
spelling