Dons vs rangers - league cup semi

Dons_1988

4 minutes ago, milhouse said:

Rangers and Celtic fans do seem to care, that's the point. Or if they didn't, why would they sing songs which made it seem like they did? That's what would make me uneasy if I supported one of them. This applies to both clubs of course. Last time Celtic were at Firhill we were less than 5 mins in before the 'old brigade' songbook started. If you are a sensible person, wouldn't you at least wince a little inside with that?

Away from the fitba most of them probably don't behave like that and have friends/partners from the 'other side. Then at the fitba it pours out from the stands, especially at away games. 

We can usually behave in European games due to Eufa having severe sanctions, I'd like to see Rangers being proactive and reducing fan allocations everytime it happens to see if the message gets across.

I'm not looking for a pile on from anyone who disagrees. 

14 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

Disappointed by the result but heartened by our performance. Stewart, for obvious reasons, the only starting player I would not give passmarks. I thought we played in good areas, were brave in possession, had a good shape, and competed really well. Plenty of good individual performances and pleased the fans stayed at the end to give the team the reception they deserved - it was a great ‘away’ end today. Ultimately a game of very fine margins, but nothing but good things to say about how we applied ourselves.

Absolutely echo everything here from my view watching on the box. I thought we were tremendous bar the obvious stupidity from Stewart. It is of no consolation at all but the players, Goodwin and the management team deserve huge credit for how we setup and approached the game today.

It was very obvious at full time that our end stayed in full to give the players appreciation.

The Hampden pitch was absolutely dreadful, with the biblical rain last night leaving it so cut up it was scary. The SFA really need to be putting a lot of money into improving the ability of the pitch to withstand nights like last night.

44 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Just post around it lads 👍

1 hour ago, The_Kincardine said:

Terrible 'songbook' from us, though.  We really have to ditch this pish but there seems little appetite to do so, which is sad.

52 minutes ago, bennett said:

2023 and we're still singing about Bobby Sands and F blood etc, who cares what religion someone may or not be. 

Tbf to our resident Rangers fans, they all haven’t.

I totally agree with them btw. The songs from both sides need launched into space.

Anthony Stewart was actually very good up until that moment but it’s so unnecessary and so costly I think he’s blown it with the fans completely now. 

Quite an even game tbh, can’t fault the performance really. I question some of what Goodwin did but not going to go in heavy tonight as overall the team acquitted themselves well. 

My seat was right at the barrier in the east stand and shout out to any c**t that thinks it’s acceptable to throw glass bottles at fitba. 3 landed at my feet during the game and whoever does that is a coward and shitebag of the highest order. 

Tackle from Stewart was a shocker, won’t see a clearer red card than that. Am I the only one struggling to see Kent’s being a red? Looks like scales cuts in front of him and he’s trying to get round him and catches him slightly on the head? Hardly a punch.

Both Killie and Aberdeen gave it a good shot against the cheeks as you’d expect in a semi final. 

1 minute ago, NathanDrake88 said:

Tackle from Stewart was a shocker, won’t see a clearer red card than that. Am I the only one struggling to see Kent’s being a red? Looks like scales cuts in front of him and he’s trying to get round him and catches him slightly on the head? Hardly a punch.

Both Killie and Aberdeen gave it a good shot against the cheeks as you’d expect in a semi final. 

I’m struggling to see the fuss around the Kent thing to be honest, not that the clip I’ve seen is very clear. 

Big shout out to all the Aberdeen fans who flooded Auchterarder on their way back up the road. A polite and well behaved bunch of people they were, with many young families in evidence, but then they started talking about "going to the chipper".

Absolute scum imo.

Not a cup semi final for the purists at all. A low quality game all round.

While we won, the Dons fans were good at the end, fair play to them.

Overall I think we edged it in terms of play, I’d need to see the red card back again but he went in very fast and very hard so seemed the right call.

Hard to pick out many for praise but I thought Davies coped well throughout. Everything went through Kent in the second half and I think that position behind the forwards suits him really well.

1 hour ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Big shout out to all the Aberdeen fans who flooded Auchterarder on their way back up the road. A polite and well behaved bunch of people they were, with many young families in evidence, but then they started talking about "going to the chipper".

Absolute scum imo.

😂 chipper is horrible 

13 minutes ago, AJF said:

Not a cup semi final for the purists at all. A low quality game all round.

While we won, the Dons fans were good at the end, fair play to them.

Overall I think we edged it in terms of play, I’d need to see the red card back again but he went in very fast and very hard so seemed the right call.

Hard to pick out many for praise but I thought Davies coped well throughout. Everything went through Kent in the second half and I think that position behind the forwards suits him really well.

Davies seems to be getting better with each game, which is a much needed boost. I hope he and Goldson get to build a bit of a partnership in the coming weeks. 

Kent seems to have been given the old Brian Laudrup, float about wherever the f**k you like role, which he seems to be enjoying. 

I feel sorry for Barisic just now.  He doesn't look fit and his confidence is absolutely gone. 

3 hours ago, bennett said:

Away from the fitba most of them probably don't behave like that and have friends/partners from the 'other side. Then at the fitba it pours out from the stands, especially at away games. 

We can usually behave in European games due to Eufa having severe sanctions, I'd like to see Rangers being proactive and reducing fan allocations everytime it happens to see if the message gets across.

I'm not looking for a pile on from anyone who disagrees. 

Which begs the question, why there aren’t sanctions imposed by the SFA / SPFL when it happens week in week out here under their noses. 

13 minutes ago, Merkie84 said:

Which begs the question, why there aren’t sanctions imposed by the SFA / SPFL when it happens week in week out here under their noses. 

Clubs voted against strict liability?

31 minutes ago, 10menwent2mow said:

How shit is Hampden. And why do these c***s have 'ends'?? Fucking 1030 to get back to Aberdeen. 

The West/Mt  Florida end of Hampden has always been the Rangers end.  That's just  how it is.  It was also covered whilst the Celtic end was open to the elements.

Back when we had Home Internationals the Rangers End was also the unofficial Scotland End and, for big games, the away support were herded into the opposite side.