Dons vs rangers - league cup semi

Dons_1988

17 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

He’s entitled to do whatever he likes. 

Problem for wee Jacko is that he can’t get over the fact he wasn’t very popular at Aberdeen before he became a full blown rat. A homegrown boy, there for 8 years and a better player in the team. Yet no one ever really liked him. He’s never quite got over that. 

It’s his face isn’t it? 

2 hours ago, Merkie84 said:

But there was a chance they could have made it, no? 

Also a bit of a different between Rangers, a team who play semis most years and therefore likely to get to one,  and Queens Park, who haven’t been in the SCF since the turn of the 20th century. 

In the very unlikely event they do reach, I would say, yes,the same principle applies. It is either a neutral venue or it is not. But I don’t think we will have to worry about that any time soon. 

I don’t see why the venue had to be chosen at the start of the season, in the league cup semi final venues are chosen based on what is most suitable depending on who reaches that stage, Hampden, Ibrox , Tynecastle , Fir park etc. Why could the same principle not be applied? 

Its not rocket science, there are only 4 stadia in Scotland big enough to handle a Rangers or Celtic semi, Hampden, Ibrox, Celtic park and Murrayfield. 

Hampden,  was out of action, Ibrox is Rangers home ground. Therefore only Celtic park or Murrayfield left. 

There was a lower league team from the southside of Glasgow who hadn’t reached a semi final before that season but it wasn’t Queens Park.

In terms of the Barasic challenge, I think what Michael Stewart alluded to was correct.

What separated the challenges was the force the players went in with.

The Anthony Stewart one was clearly more on the serious foul play/endangering an opponent side of things.

You could put an argument up for a Barasic red, but the Stewart one was pretty clear cut.

Edited by Richie

5 hours ago, Richie said:

In terms of the Barasic challenge, I think what Michael Stewart alluded to was correct.

What separated the challenges was the force the players went in with.

The Anthony Stewart one was clearly more on the serious foul play/endangering an opponent side of things.

You could put an argument up for a Barasic red, but the Stewart one was pretty clear cut.

Don’t think there’s a red who says otherwise, Stewart’s was justified and just plain stupid.

The Barisic tackle is 1 that is often given a red, it’s a pretty wild lunge with the foot and studs up high. 

Would love to know when the day will come when these decisions will go the way of the dandies in this fixture. There’s a long list of similar injustice in recent years anyway. 

On 16/01/2023 at 14:18, kingjoey said:

Excellent explanation. Nobody knew that before.

Given there was a bit of 'end envy' going on I thought I'd give some context for the young yins.

But yeah, maybe we should name (unofficially of course) part of the stadium infrastructure after your team.  An Aberdeen Exit maybe?

2 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

Given there was a bit of 'end envy' going on I thought I'd give some context for the young yins.

But yeah, maybe we should name (unofficially of course) part of the stadium infrastructure after your team.  An Aberdeen Exit maybe?

I know that you realised I was taking the piss. Maybe you could name a few exits “Electric Train Loyal”?

4 hours ago, kingjoey said:

I know that you realised I was taking the piss. Maybe you could name a few exits “Electric Train Loyal”?

To Mt Florida?  That'd be* the aptly named Blue Train, of course...

*Would have been

Edited by The_Kincardine