Celtic v Morton (with added VAR)

AyrshireTon

1 minute ago, Against The Machine said:

If Kevin Clancy sees that incident live and gives a penalty (which he didn't, of course)

If VAR wasn't in place, he would have given it live. VAR itself wouldn't be an issue if there was a clear intent to be impartial. 

1 minute ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Technically it was a Road and not a street. Most council schemes when I was young had kids of mixed ages so wasn’t that weird tbh.

I lived in an Avenue (get me!) so there!

5 minutes ago, Jacky1990 said:

I'll always maintain that referees dont consciously go in to games planning to cheat in favour of the old firm.

More they just shite themselves from giving decisions that dont go their way because of the abuse they'll receive. Its easier to give them the decision and avoid the wrath of their frothing fan base.

Basically just shitebags. And i include the SFA in not dealing strongly (or at all) with the constant shite pouring from the stands.

There was no decision to make in play - and so no wrath to avoid - and yet some clown in a VAR role plus the official created one out of nothing.

There was no shout for a penalty either on the park or anywhere in that bin of a ground. 

15 minutes ago, StellarHibee said:

Commentary: "Ambrose was at fault for the first goal".

**** off!

The ball came off the boot of the player right next to him, bounced up and hit his arm. I don't know how he could be expected to get out the way of that. It wasn't as if he moved his arm towards the ball. 

Maybe Efe has his Efe moment for the second anyway if it's still 0-0, Gillespie's pathetic for fourth and the third is the kind of goal that happens when you sit that deep and invite a considerably better team to have the ball in space that close to your box, but what is the fucking point in football if that's a penalty?

Even aside from the issues with VAR generally that make watching football an appaling experience, specfic to this round of the cup that wouldn't have been given in 13 of the 16 ties. An absolute farce that VAR was allowed to be used.