P&B Weight Observers Thread 23/24

2 hours ago, dagane said:

Did my weigh in yesterday , I've lost 3 st 3 lb since the 1st March last year

2St 6lb since I took up swimming in December , so I'm feeling pretty pleased with myself

Absolutely brilliant effort. Well done! 

I am up 2lbs since my post a couple up, though am in total +3.5lb from my last weigh in early Feb (didn't post about that as will probably keep it to monthly). In all honesty, I'm not despondent with that as I was on holiday for a week and resolved to enjoy it and not concern myself with calories. I also struggled a bit to get back on it properly when I got home, although have been back on it properly since Monday. No 'distraction' events this month so should be able to have a decent go at it. 

You boys are way ahead of me. I don't think my scales will cope yet.  Still don't want to risk running on my joints and tendons but feeling the urge to break into a jog when out walking. 

Down 4 inches in trouser size, maybe more as it was getting snug, since going dry 6 months ago.  I'll try the scales and a bit of jogging when i get down to the next ones. 

Thanks for all the nice messages folks ,really appreciated

Got a couple of socials early March , but after that I'm going to sign up for a thing called go sober for spring which I think will be a good thing to try . All the best to everyone else in their endeavours

I'm done 9.5 lbs in 4 weeks. Cutting out all the "bad stuff" and the booze has helped,  along with being in a physical job. Changing jobs has helped immensely,  I'm not coming in stressed every night and eating junk and reaching for the whisky bottle or picking up beers on the way home. 

On 18/01/2023 at 11:47, velo army said:

Intermittent fasting is great. Not eating after 7pm gives me some dietary leeway. 

@BFTD

I've been doing this 2 days a week, 24hrs fasting, since I got back from holiday 5 weeks ago and really feeling the benefit.

I've upped my exercise and stopped drinking during the week and so far lost 6lbs. 

Done a lot of research and watched a lot of stuff on YouTube about fasting and the benefits, not only in weight loss are incredible 

Ive lost a couple of kgs since I came back from my holiday three weeks ago. Really upped my exercise, agreed to do a triathlon at the end of April so full swing training for that (along with some weights and general things like golfing). Still need to properly tidy my diet up but getting there!

Weighed in this morning at just under 86kg. Down 7 this month by cutting out bread, pasta and not eating after 6.30pm. Getting fed up of it now tbh but the losses are keeping me going. The next trick will be to keep around that weight but truthfully, I will be repeating the whole process again before summer. Down with my metabolism!

On 02/03/2023 at 21:16, Oystercatcher said:

I've been doing this 2 days a week, 24hrs fasting, since I got back from holiday 5 weeks ago and really feeling the benefit.

I've upped my exercise and stopped drinking during the week and so far lost 6lbs. 

Done a lot of research and watched a lot of stuff on YouTube about fasting and the benefits, not only in weight loss are incredible 

What benefits have you experienced yourself?

3 hours ago, velo army said:

What benefits have you experienced yourself?

I've only done it for 24 hour stints, I'm now down 8lbs.

It seems that your body starts to repair itself after 24 hours.

I'm sleeping better but that might be down to not drinking.

This Dr can tell you more than me.

https://youtu.be/vhmtoAYVRSo

• 4 weeks later...

I've had a good month this time. Really watched what I ate. 

I've had no takeaways, no bars of chocolate. Eaten salads every day for lunch with fruit and nuts as a snack. 

The problem is that in February I had a couple of birthdays in the family and went away twice for weekends so I went up 7lbs when I weighed myself so I didn't even post here.

Start of February 15 St 4lbs

Start or March 15 st 11lbs

Start of April now I am 14 st 10.5lbs

Delighted. That's the first time I'm under 15st in a few years.

Just now, Nkomo-A-Gogo said:

I've had no takeaways, no bars of chocolate. Eaten salads every day for lunch with fruit and nuts as a snack. 

The problem is that in February I had a couple of birthdays in the family and went away twice for weekends so I went up 7lbs when I weighed myself so I didn't even post here.

Brilliant mate. It's great getting under a milestone like that. 👍

On 02/03/2023 at 12:20, Central Belt Caley said:

That’s great going! Well done

Down to 13st 13 this morning so 6lbs off in February. Run just under 100k in Feb and noticed that some clothes are starting to get baggier/fit better. Still not had an alcoholic drink this year. Please with the progress so far 

Lost 2lbs in March so 13st 11lbs right now, sprained my ankle and couldn’t run for a week and the diet went haywire during that time too. Still not had any bevvy but have a few family things planned in April so that will come to an end. Feel like clothes are definitely more roomy now even if I’ve not lost much on the scales. 

Still not lost enough to get on the scales. They go up to 20st! Back down into 42in trousers, which is 6 inches less than September and was my target for March. God knows how much i weighed before. 

Back running after building up through brisk walks, so can hopefully start shifting more soon. 

April minimum target is to be running 5 miles (currently doing 6k so should be piece of piss) and stretch target is to get on the scales. 

On 01/04/2023 at 08:53, Nkomo-A-Gogo said:

Great feeling when the first number drops down

Well done

I’ve lost 9 lbs since starting my fitness regime 2 weeks ago. 
I’ve used an app on my iPhone called NutraCheck which was £35 for 12 months which I thought was good value.

It allows me to track my weight/BMI etc.

I have never dieted before using any system. 

Before I started the diet I went and had full bloods and glucose tests with my GO, so it will be interesting to see the change in 6 months.

I like being able to track all my meals and the various nutrients and components of food - even down to the amount of water I’m drinking, how much fibre and protein etc.

I find it really intuitive to use and I’ve always worked to the adage “if you can’t measure it you can’t manage it”.

I would certainly endorse this app.

https://www.nutracheck.co.uk/Home#url

I’m looking forward to dropping more weight. 

One thing I did do last night was put on the scales the “lost weight” in tins and cartons of food and drink which surprised me plus gave me motivation to carry on.

Great thread idea. 

My weight is a constant battle, I just have that physique (not particularly tall but broad build) that a bad weekend has me feeling the belly wobble on the Monday. 

My most significant period of weight loss was back in 2018 when I went from 105kg down to 78kg in about 6 months. My biggest piece of advice is patience. I lost less than a kg in the first 5-6 weeks and had moments of feeling pretty down about it. Suddenly the weight just started falling off, it felt like I lost a kg every time I weighed myself. From then, the momentum just built and it really felt amazing. 

I now fluctuate somewhere in the low to mid 80’skg wise depending on my discipline. Having a child and juggling it with work and everything else makes a consistent routine really difficult to keep up over a sustained period of time. 

• 4 weeks later...

April targets met!

Ran 5 miles a couple of times and feeling much fitter. Although anyone who sees me trundling and puffing  around the park like a crimson hippo would probably not see it. 

On the scales now, at about 1lb under 20st (126kg).

Still a long way to go to get to a healthy weight but i feel like it's realistic now. 

Target for May- run a 10k.

Stretch target for May- get in a 40 inch pair of trousers. a) not that kind of stretch. b) my own historical trousers and not someone else's - keep the kenneths to yourselves. 

Having had a quick skim over the last couple of pages, there are some fantastic success stories 😊

Well done folks!

Ive been on Keto since 26th March and gone from 89.7 kg to 81.4 kg.

I’ll be staying on it ‘til Friday, then hope to just eat healthily from there onwards, but that’s easier said than done!

If I manage to get under 81 kg then I’ll be delighted.

Has anyone else done Keto before, then wondered what to do next?