Edinburgh VS Falkirk

Much more comfortable than the score line suggests. 
McGinn, Morrison and Rowe our best players. 
As far as the referee goes there are no words. In order of it happening.

1. Stopping Morrison just as he was about to score for a clear kid on injury to an Edinburgh player. 

2. MCKay clearly bundled over at their goal. 

3. The push on MacKie in the box right in front of the linesman. 

Utterly disgraceful that could have cost us in the end. 

That’s three times I have seen Edinburgh now and how they are not down beside Clyde and Peterhead is beyond me. They are very poor. 

Edited by Back Post Misses

14 minutes ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

Baffled how many points Edinburgh have this season. They are terrible. 

They should really be down at 9th or 10th.

Don't think that's fair, think they were fairly decent today, they seem to change their style of play against the full time sides but have it cracked against the rest of the division. 

They've probably scored more goals against Airdrie this year than we have since we came down 😂

Exactly the sort of game we'd have bottled at any point over the past three or four seasons. Lovely stuff, particularly with Dunfermline dropping points.

40 minutes ago, Senor Bairn said:

Don't think that's fair, think they were fairly decent today, they seem to change their style of play against the full time sides but have it cracked against the rest of the division. 

They've probably scored more goals against Airdrie this year than we have since we came down 😂

To be honest the best you could say for them is they were stuffy.

Had it not been for the circus act masquerading as a referee that would have been a 4-0 win.

Thought we played pretty well and the scoreline flattered Edinburgh.

Referee gave us absolutely f**k all over the 90 minutes. Denied a clear penalty, play stopped when we were through on goal and looked like a blatant shove/ foul in the build up for Edinburgh's goal. Booking our players for dessent because of shitey decision after shitey decision. Pleasing as f**k to see thon weasel sprint in to the dressing room behind the stand after getting a barrage of abuse at full time. Incompetent c**t 

Edited by NavyBlueArmy1876

15 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

I don't think a striker is going to complete 90 for us between now and May.

Flashscores has ruined the surprise for me for both goals by being a minute ahead of FTV 

Ruining one is bad luck, letting it ruin 2 is idiotic given you can mute the notifications for a match.

13 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

That’s three times I have seen Edinburgh now and how they are not down beside Clyde and Peterhead is beyond me. They are very poor. 

Because they've beaten us 3 out of 3 and scored 14 in the process. Every season Airdrie have a team who we just struggle with, recently Clyde, previously Stenny and this season Edinburgh. If they weren't beating us they'd be at the same points as Kelty and the league place above Clyde and Peterhead so your point is valid. Even the games they beat us they looked poor, we were just shit and tactically played into their hands.

Very much stating the obvious but what's the point of Edinburgh City? No real ground and no fans. Feels like they are holding a spot for a team lower down the pyramid whi might have some potential to grow.

Not a dig at the people who follow them.. but doesn't feel like this is the right level for them with that horrendous fan experience and no real prospect of growth.

just watched the highlights back, some thoughts:

- clear as day foul by See for their goal.  I can forgive the lineman for not seeing it, but the referee…

- difficult to tell from the highlights if it was a penalty towards the end, as you see the player go down but not what caused it
- there was some chat on here a few weeks back that we should sell Morrison if we get any offer, as he’s not contributing.  Aye ok.

- the viewing angle for the camera is as god-awful as at the match.  Horrendous. 

34 minutes ago, Disco Duck said:

- the viewing angle for the camera is as god-awful as at the match.  Horrendous. 

They film from the "top tier" of the seated terrace. All three rows of it. 

There is nowhere else to go. No scaffolding gantry as at places like Clyde or Kelty. There are windows high up in the building which face the pitch, but my guess is those offices belong to Edinburgh Council and the football club have no access to them. 

22 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

They film from the "top tier" of the seated terrace. All three rows of it. 

There is nowhere else to go. No scaffolding gantry as at places like Clyde or Kelty. There are windows high up in the building which face the pitch, but my guess is those offices belong to Edinburgh Council and the football club have no access to them. 

To be clear, I’m not berating Falkirk TV for that - they do the best they can.  It’s just a shit ground all round and a good summation of what Edinburgh Council thinks of football.

1 hour ago, Senor Bairn said:

Some of the shouts in here are sounding very old firmish. Aye the grounds a dump but f**k me should FC Edinburgh just disband. They're sitting 3rd in the 3rd tier of Scottish football on merit ffs. 

Agree with your post but Meadowbank is not fit for purpose.

Surely must be better options in Edinburgh even if it means a ground share arrangement.