Arbroath vs Raith, 4-2-23

3 minutes ago, lichtgilphead said:

Away supporters can follow the action at Gayfield. You can pay for the audio stream, or get the video if you are 'abroad'.

£8 for a two game subscription 🤣 aye ok.

I’d be more questioning why your own club only cares about servicing home games to your supporters when every club in the league allows them to do something at away games 👍

46 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

Sure, why don't we also give your fans free tickets too?

34 minutes ago, lichtgilphead said:

Away supporters can follow the action at Gayfield. You can pay for the audio stream, or get the video if you are 'abroad'.

I mean, it's amateur radio commentary. It's basically one rung above staring at the Sky Sports ticker. At least with the commentary you can Foster a wee bit more fan engagement which is probably the principal takeaway the club gets from it.

Fair fucks if you guys think you can squeeze a few extra quid out of it but sure as hell I wouldn't be paying for radio commentary. I like the Raith commentary as a last resort but it's no way of actually experiencing football.

Or maybe the Club can afford to sign players as they are well run, have a board who have constantly invested in upgrading parts of the stadium every season including investing in Hospitality, with two modern suites pretty much sold out every home game and having a good commercial director bring in new sponsorship and revenue to promote the club and more importantly we have a community who are behind the club.

I mean we could be trying to sell our club to any business consortium from all around the world that also wants to sign their own players and help repair a huge stadium and leave our supporters frustrated and in the dark about the future of the club.  That is a gamble, I suppose.

25 minutes ago, Against The Machine said:

A£broath have to find some way to clawback revenue after gambling the future of the club to fund their extravagant January business, I suppose. 

Edited by Smokie_Bacon_crisps

16 minutes ago, Smokie_Bacon_crisps said:

Or maybe the Club can afford to sign players as they are well run, have a board who have constantly invested in upgrading parts of the stadium every season including investing in Hospitality, with two modern suites pretty much sold out every home game and having a good commercial director bring in new sponsorship and revenue to promote the club and more importantly we have a community who are behind the club.

I mean we could be trying to sell our club to any business consortium from all around the world that also wants to sign their own players and help repair a huge stadium and leave our supporters frustrated and in the dark about the future of the club.  That is a gamble, I suppose.

Brilliant !!

42 minutes ago, Smokie_Bacon_crisps said:

Pretty easy to upgrade a tiny main stand and leave the majority of spectators to stand on old terracing. 

1 minute ago, pantene proV said:

Vaughan ✅

"Agricultural" play ✅

Attendances ✅

State of the stadiums ✅

Boardroom ✅

Finance ✅

Actual game after 6 pages ❌

I fancy is today. It’s weird being optimistic going into a game after what has been a god awful season so far. Adarkwa has made a huge difference since signing and I really like Balde in the midfield. My only worry was RB but we look to have addressed that with the signing of Banks. 

Yeah, from our side it's weird not being confident in the midst of a 9 game unbeaten run having lost only once since the middle of November.

Our record at Gayfield though is actually very decent so i'm holding onto that. Maybe Akio's energy can keep us up the park more often if we take a lead, and finally keep it!

1 minute ago, pantene proV said:

Yeah, from our side it's weird not being confident in the midst of a 9 game unbeaten run having lost only once since the middle of November.

Our record at Gayfield though is actually very decent so i'm holding onto that. Maybe Akio's energy can keep us up the park more often if we take a lead, and finally keep it!

I see the big striker has been punted. He looked like a pub player in the times Iv seen him play. Was he always that bad??

12 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

I fancy is today. It’s weird being optimistic going into a game after what has been a god awful season so far. Adarkwa has made a huge difference since signing and I really like Balde in the midfield. My only worry was RB but we look to have addressed that with the signing of Banks. 

No place for that sort of on topic talk here I'm afraid. 

7 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

I see the big striker has been punted. He looked like a pub player in the times Iv seen him play. Was he always that bad??

Yes. People moaned that he never got a chance but he started up in Gayfield last time and looked horrific. Never got much better. 

We definitely needed a runner up top and we've got that now.

Big John was the wrong man in the wrong place at the wrong time

diehard1-e1620652315794.webp