Airdrieonians vs Dunfermline

18 minutes ago, AlwaysAPar said:

What a fucking result!  
I’m sure the Airdrie fans who claimed their first half dominance was entirely because of their amazing play and unrelated to our own failings, will be right along to praise our outstanding comeback that was nothing at all to do with their own poor tactics and substitutions…

Seriously tho we’ve shipped 6 points to Clyde and Peterhead as we can’t break teams down. Literally all airdrie had to do was sit back and the game was theirs. 

And breathe!

I will concur.

I just hope it doesn't dent our confidence too much and we should still comfortably make the play offs.

Don’t even have words for that. Leaves you feeling sick but it’s the Airdrie way. Break your heart time and time again. 

Well done Dunfermline and well in to the pars fans who must be on a huge high. Season defining game for both sides I think. I fear for the next few weeks

Also fair play to McPake. Handled himself very well and would have been quite entitled to give it to us rotten. Didn’t have much opinion of him before the game but massive respect at the the end on how he dealt with that. 

2 minutes ago, David Fernández said:

When I walked round to the car at the away car park there was around 50/60 of their young team that left. Some supporters eh! 

Ach the young loddies haven't had the experience of just how shite Airdrie really are. 

Just home from that. Wow. Fucking wow.

Haven’t been to a Pars game like that since Stenny 5-4! Had everything and that’s what you pay money for. Good advert for lower league football. 

Huge respect for McPake. Yes the red card changes everything, but he owned up to his tactical mistakes and changed it to suit the way it was going. Not going to lie, I was tempted to leave at 3-0 but just stuck it out as the 3rd was really early in the 2nd half and this Pars team have shown time and time again they never give in. 

Ewan Otoo - take a bow son. What a performance! Wee bit ropey to start, but we were up against it at that point and the others were also struggling. Could go on all day about the rest but f*ck me, it would take ages. Everyone was great, including the subs. Todd MOTM for me. I believe he is only 21 still. Boy is going to be a top player in this country if he keeps that up.

That’s just what league-winners tend to do I suppose 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

I think that game perfectly summed up this team. We’re very rarely average, veering from sensational, free-flowing football to calamitous mistakes and chucking away leads. A very frustrating team. 

I thought the first half was pretty even until the goal, from then on Dunfermline’s defence and keeper looked very rattled and we were dominant. I did think Dunfermline’s disallowed goal looked soft but I’d need to see it back. 

Mochrie made an impact straight away in the second half and the game was a lot mor even again until McGill scored the third, which was a fantastic run and cross from Deveney. I couldn’t see the penalty incident but the referee seemed very clear and others seem to think it was. I had the fear as soon as it went to 3-1 and by 3-2 knew the game was done. Our subs killed any plan we had once it went to 3-2. Bringing Devenny on made sense given his work-rate but bringing McGregor on up front and then Byrd two minutes later was baffling. Just make them both at the same time and leave us another option in case, as was clearly happening, Dunfermline go in front? Just very naive.

My main concern in that second half was the coaching situation. I praised McCabe a few days ago and think despite some notable lows he’s done a pretty good job so far. However, the whole time I, and most others, have said we clearly need a better coaching structure on the bench. Hutton and Prunty are popular with fans but they don’t actually do anything meaningful other than the former making an arse of himself with the opposition dugout. There seemed to be a lot of confusion between McCabe, Fordyce and the dugout for a good 10 minutes over what subs to make. Fordyce shouted for Devenny well before Dunfermline’s second goal yet the confusion led to him coming on directly after it. It’s the sort of thing that you get away with when you win but it was a clear issue today.

Fair play to Dunfermline though. For all our faults, if the situation was reversed we wouldn’t have came back to win that. They’re doing exactly what Cove did last season and getting points from positions other teams aren’t. As much as on our day we’re better than anyone in this league, that isn’t often enough and there’s a reason Dunfermline and Falkirk are ahead of us.

12 minutes ago, papa57 said:

Said all along McCabe is not good enough, no team should lose a 3 goal lead with 30 minutes to go, manager has to take responsibility for this

We did against Edinburgh , and missed a penalty ,sending off too like you,  shit happens .

Airdrie were far superior until the sending off and nobody could say anything different. Did anyone see the incident clearly, didn't look like a red card or deliberate hand ball. Gal was fouled right before it too. But Airdrie did tire badly and fair play to dunfermline for keeping going. Dunfermline did not look like a football team at all until the 10 men and nowhere near it. That's football I suppose